(Topic ID: 335835)

Which T.V. commercials are driving you nuts?

By timab2000

12 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 5.11.40 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20240318_135140 (resized).jpg
    20240318_135133 (resized).jpg
    wp2417153.png
    415552 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 00-31-50 white lotus s02 gun - Google Search (resized).png
    images (9) (resized).jpeg
    default1-large (resized).jpeg
    default-large (resized).jpg
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4444[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_7667 (resized).jpeg
    There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 12 months ago

Man some of the t.v. commercial are driving me nuts.

These are my most disliked, what are yours?

Solo stove
    Amazon hairy lip girl
    Any Medicare commercial

#2 12 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Solo stove
    Amazon hairy lip girl
    Any Medicare commercial

Any pharmaceutical commercial. I find it funny how they list all of the side effects and you don’t even actually know what the product is/does.

#3 12 months ago

That idiot singing that stupid burger king song. Keep mute close by

#4 12 months ago

Amen to both of those.

#5 12 months ago

We do Apple TV and all the apps, have not seen an actual commercial in about 2 years now, since we got rid of DISH.

#6 12 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:We do Apple TV and all the apps, have not seen an actual commercial in about 2 years now, since we got rid of DISH.

I'm watching Dish right now and just saw another Solo Stove

#7 12 months ago

anything political / pharmaceutical

#8 12 months ago

Oh yeah the political ads should start up soon, hurray

#9 12 months ago

Trial lawyer commercials!
    Morgan and Morgan
    Dan Newlin
    Trial Pro
    Etc…………….
    They dominate local stations.

#10 12 months ago

Will a google of amazon hairy lip woman bring up the commercial? I am curious about that one.

While it isn't airing currently the covid ones with the vax mask test little jingle drove me crazy. The jingle was just so awful.

#11 12 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Solo stove
    Amazon hairy lip girl
    Any Medicare commercial

We were trying to figure that amazon out. Is it a hairy lip girl or is it a Trans gender? I was confused regardless.

#12 12 months ago

Haha saw the title, beat me to the hairy lip amazon commercial

#13 12 months ago

Hairy lip girl all the way...

Order some wax from Amazon!
    Or a razor...

#14 12 months ago

That Queen cool cat song has been stuck in my head for weeks with that mustache burned into my brain

#15 12 months ago

It’s on the radio instead of tv but the Kars for kids add. Worst ever. Instant mute.

#16 12 months ago

Race to Survive:Alaska
    When that dumbfuck slackjaw says
    "It's a race, but you also have to survive."
    NO SHIT??

#17 12 months ago

Gretzky and McDavid and their zamboni race!
    Drives me nuts!

#18 12 months ago
    Quoted from topkat:

We were trying to figure that amazon out. Is it a hairy lip girl or is it a Trans gender? I was confused regardless.

It's a young girl who loves Queen and ends up embracing the look of Freddie Mercury, ordering the jacket and keeping her facial hair

#19 12 months ago

A-1-C
    DOWN WITH REBYLSUS!!

“I talked to my doctor about rebylsus” and then that hipster gives a little nod like if you don’t ask your doctor then you’re an IDIOT

#20 12 months ago
    Quoted from DaveB:

It’s on the radio instead of tv but the Kars for kids add. Worst ever. Instant mute.

Fun fact is that no parents get cars for their family. Also they accept more than just cars "Kars4Kids takes donations of cars, boats, yachts and real estate, accepting over 40,000 cars annually". The biggest con though is "Donations to Kars4Kids benefit Oorah, a national nonprofit organization whose stated mission is "to give Jewish children and their families opportunities to become active and productive members of their communities". That is one of the numerous things they do to con the public. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kars4Kids#:~:text=Kars4Kids%20is%20a%20501(c,on%20Jewish%20children%20and%20families.

I would suggest physically getting involved in a charity and if you can't do that then please donate to Project Pinball instead.

#21 12 months ago

If I never see "Flo" again, it will be soon enough.

#22 12 months ago

Months ago I thought about starting a “Commercials I Hate” thread similar to the one on Reddit. I don’t even use Reddit for anything else… it’s just the one thread I once googled and it clicked so hard.

On there the ones I see the most as of right now are in this order…

-LUME Karen fake Tik Tok wiping the deodorant all over her flubby body while way too close to the camera.

- Burger King guy who sings tone deaf in every ad.

- Amazon commercial directed by some hot Hollywood blonde that has the hairy lipped, gap toothed girl that acts like Freddie Mercury and dances like A FUCKING MORON in the middle of her class.

- The Wendy’s ads where they’re trying to create some “mini verse” with their characters (Like all the Flo/Progressive ads where they now have a bunch of other recurring nobodies).

- “Thats So You” Vehicle ads from Buick where the mom somehow drives like 16 kids to soccer practice and the coach and the mom are totally banging.

And for me it’s any medication ad where the actor has “moderate-to-severe” (insert condition here). I always hope the actor has “severe” solely because I’m sick of hearing the “moderate-to-severe” line, soon followed up by “don’t take (this medication) if you’re allergic to the ingredients in (this medication)”. Hope the Ferris wheel they’re inevitably on catches on fire while they’re stuck at the top.

#23 12 months ago

UP work zombie dancing around. There are some others that just have music that I find grating I can't really think of.

Anything liberty mutual. That Emu and guy just doesnt do it for me. They try too hard to be geico or progressive and it is lame.

Websites making websites making websites. Square space?

I have youtube TV and I feel like the amount of commercials they show me is really reduced and probably targeted. I see the same 5 commercials over and over it seems.

Quoted from Bmanpin:

Any pharmaceutical commercial. I find it funny how they list all of the side effects and you don’t even actually know what the product is/does.

There was a christmas themed pharma commercial last year. I don't know why exactly, but it felt extra scummy. It is odd they advertise stuff a doctor needs to prescribe. So you just ask you doctor for the script because you saw a TV commercial?

#24 12 months ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

So you just ask you doctor for the script because you saw a TV commercial?

My father was a grumpy old ass (saying that with love). He kept a list of the names of all medications from the commercials. When he went to the doctor he’d pull it out and say,”I’m supposed to ask my doctor about these” and go down the list, asking if each one “is right for me?”

#25 12 months ago

All of them. Instantly mute whenever it goes to commercial and I only watch live tv once or twice a month nowadays.

#26 12 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

My father was a grumpy old ass (saying that with love). He kept a list of the names of all medications from the commercials. When he went to the doctor he’d pull it out and say,”I’m supposed to ask my doctor about these” and go down the list, asking if each one “is right for me?”

That's funny. The wife and I have a running list of medications we've seen advertised on HLN when we're watching Forensic Files.

I think we're at over 100 by now. (We don't include any meds advertised for dogs or pets. Strictly humans)

#27 12 months ago
    Quoted from solid_snake:

All of them. Instantly mute whenever it goes to commercial and I only watch live tv once or twice a month nowadays.

I too mute all commercials instantly and have been doing this for a longtime.

#28 12 months ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I too mute all commercials instantly and have been doing this for a longtime.

When I go to visit my parents, my dad does this when we're watching tv. He mutes the commercials and then typically falls asleep. I end up watching the program on mute while he sleeps. Typically it's football or baseball, so it's fine.

#29 12 months ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

Then 10 years later lawyers will take out advertising time mentioning that same drug saying you may be entitled to settlements.

#30 12 months ago

The Temu commercials that started playing a couple weeks ago. Imagine Wish.com advertising on YouTube.

The commercials are same trash as the stuff they are selling.

#31 12 months ago

I actually like Dan for what he is. He is sticking it to Morgan bigtime. Morgan should have much better advertising. He does not.

#32 12 months ago

The two minute St. Jude commercials on YouTube were also the worst. Talking commercial, not orgainization. It's been awhile since I've gotten one of those.

#33 12 months ago

The hairy lipped girl? I hate those. Nobody with that shi* going on is trying to rock it, unless thay are cray...

#34 12 months ago

Hi Im Jonathan 9.99

#35 12 months ago

Whopper, Whopper, Whopper, Whopper...
    Jr. double, triple Whopper...

Honorable mention to the lume butt crack lady and hairy lip girl.

#36 12 months ago

Every single one of them, I flip to the last channel whenever one comes on the show I'm watching at the moment. Most of the time if I have to sit through one I've zoned out and after it's over with I have no idea what the commercial was. Same thing with YouTube. Hate commercials!!

John

#37 12 months ago

True story.

You know how youtube delivers ads based off of what you watch or listen to on its platform? I'm a history nerd in my spare time. After finishing the 200 episode podcast "The History of Rome" I started "The History of the Crusades". After listening a bit, I decided to get into the spirit I'd start listening to the music of the crusades, as it wasn't in English, is relaxing, and is great background music while doing reading/writing intensive tasks. Most of what survived from that time period is music written by monks in Latin for the church. Deus Vult! Well, guess what kind of ads I started getting? Are you thinking of joining the priesthood, come to our seminary. No kidding, for about a month all my youtube ads were about joining the priesthood. Swing and a miss... although I guess if you were paying for targeted ads for people who were thinking about becoming priests that is a pretty good entry point.

#38 12 months ago

I only watch the local 6 o’clock news on “tv”, and usually only the first 20 minutes for headlines. I haven’t seen many commercials in a long time. We have streaming services and I mostly watch YouTube premium, so there’s no adds before or during videos. I totally think it’s worth every penny to not be force fed advertising

#39 12 months ago

Hairy lip girl gets my vote. I just think that is the most hideous look.

#40 12 months ago

Well I gotta say that some of the comments are pretty funny. Nice to come here and get a good laugh every now and then.

#41 12 months ago

VPN + uBlock Origin + AdBlock. I've never seen an ad on YouTube, and I stream all of my sports so you get a "Commercial Break in Progress" screen instead of ads.

#42 12 months ago

The worst are the sad commercials with abused dogs and animals with the Sarah McLaughlin music. Instantly turn the channel.

#43 12 months ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

The worst are the sad commercials with abused dogs and animals with the Sarah McLaughlin music. Instantly turn the channel.

And to flip the script on that, one of the funniest is the Busch beer commercial that starts as a sad Sarah McLaughlin ad with her in a tent sitting next to a wolf.

#44 12 months ago

So in all fairness there is a commercial that I do kind if like...it's the one where the guy is singing to Shania Twain an "app to fix my oven"

#45 12 months ago
    Quoted from DaveB:

Oh it's on TV too and it's the worst! Gets stuck in your head.

#46 12 months ago

1877Kars4Kids donate your car today. A nationwide scam

#47 12 months ago

Just something to watch,

Progressive's commercial where the girl is cooking with puppet veggies is Flo just dressed up differently.

And the when the girls parents show up on motorcycles going to jazz festival, I'm pretty sure the dad is Jamie dressed up differently with a beard.

I obviously watch too much TV

#48 12 months ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

1877Kars4Kids donate your car today. A nationwide scam

Not really a scam, but definitely shady in the fact that they do not fully disclose who your donation is actually benefiting (religious whackos).

#49 12 months ago

Pretty much any car commercial these days. When the family or people are in the car smiling and goofing around, and then the driver takes their hands off the wheel for a few seconds to let the "self-driving" mode take over, and they all laugh and grin at this cute maneuver. Or when the driver is intentionally not paying attention, singing or looking away or whatever, and car brakes and "saves them".

These commercials promote irresponsible driving. How about just driving your car and paying attention, there's a concept.

#50 12 months ago

That little Geico bitch lizard gets on my nerves.

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-tv-commercials-are-driving-you-nuts- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.