(Topic ID: 335835)

Which T.V. commercials are driving you nuts?

By timab2000

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 5.11.40 PM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20240318_135140 (resized).jpg
    20240318_135133 (resized).jpg
    wp2417153.png
    415552 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 00-31-50 white lotus s02 gun - Google Search (resized).png
    images (9) (resized).jpeg
    default1-large (resized).jpeg
    default-large (resized).jpg
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4444[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_7667 (resized).jpeg
    There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 11 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I would love to have one of those cans. You know there were only a handful made. They’re probably worth huge bucks.

And they weren't really advertised either but I'M STILL BIG MAD ABOUT IT

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a terrible marketing decision (just like I am also not a fan of Kid Rock's NO SNOWFLAKES beer or whatever) but the amount of sheer boomer outrage over something that was extremely blown out of proportion was hilarious to me.

#152 11 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a terrible marketing decision (just like I am also not a fan of Kid Rock's NO SNOWFLAKES beer or whatever) but the amount of sheer boomer outrage over something that was extremely blown out of proportion

It was not even actual marketing.

A certain **news** channel, every night, finds a subject to work it's viewers into a froth about.

No one on earth outside of the LGBTQ TikTok community would have ever seen that single can .

It was a one off.

Not for sale at your local liquor store.

Not advertised on a tv commercial.

Not anything other than a single can, shown on a single TikTok clip.

So if You got yourself worked up into a tizzy over literally nothing, You got your ass totally, and royally, took.

Congrats.

#153 11 months ago

The Wing Stop commercial where the voiceover guy names off a bunch of flavors and concludes with "mmm lemon pepper" sounding like he has a mouth full of food. Simultaneously they show a chicken sandwich getting dunked into a cup of ranch.

Fucking gross.

#154 11 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A certain **news** channel, every night, finds a subject to work it's viewers into a froth about.
    No one on earth outside of the LGBTQ TikTok community would have ever seen that single can .
    It was a one off.
    So if You got yourself worked up into a tizzy over literally nothing, You got your ass totally, and royally, took.
    Congrats.

It was rather ironic that the people bitching about snowflakes and cancel culture the most, completely melted over a can of beer and demanded the marketing director be fired and bud light be boycotted.

#155 11 months ago

Please try to stay on topic...please. Thanks

#156 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Please try to stay on topic...please. Thanks

Sorry.

#157 11 months ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

It was rather ironic that the people bitching about snowflakes and cancel culture the most, completely melted over a can of beer and demanded the marketing director be fired and bud light be boycotted.

I agree, but we all know it was never about beer, and the "outrage" was just so hypocritical. The beer was an easy target because it sucks, and it was a way for some to feel like they made a "difference" without having to leave their chair...lol. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out 5 years from now a competetor paid to have this featured and blown out of proportion. Regardless of what side of the issue you are on, there are a LOT worse things in this world to be outraged about, rather than someone's face on a single can of beer. For a while, I thought the Marketing Director was a genius, but then I heard her talk and realized she is clueless. I don't necessarily fault her for putting the face on a beer can....I fault her for not realizing who her current customers are.

#158 11 months ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I agree, but we all know it was never about beer, and the "outrage" was just so hypocritical. The beer was an easy target because it sucks, and it was a way for some to feel like they made a "difference" without having to leave their chair...lol. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out 5 years from now a competetor paid to have this featured and blown out of proportion. Regardless of what side of the issue you are on, there are a LOT worse things in this world to be outraged about, rather than someone's face on a single can of beer. For a while, I thought the Marketing Director was a genius, but then I heard her talk and realized she is clueless. I don't necessarily fault her for putting the face on a beer can....I fault her for not realizing who her current customers are.

Plenty of people on both sides of the aisle getting way too worked up over nothing, this was just the most recent big example. So many distractions from things we should ALL be worried about no matter what, yet you barely hear a peep about it. Just think if we the people could throw such a big fit over issues that actually effect us. *sigh* I can only hope. Anyway, hopefully this can put a nice apolitical bow on the beer discussion and we can get back to our regularly scheduled commercial bitchfest, because there are certainly a lot of annoying ones!

#159 11 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It was a one off.
    Congrats.

It's distraction from the shi* that actually matters. They eat it up too. If they had real problems, they wouldn't give an F about who is on a beer can...

#160 11 months ago

I'm gonna have to start watching TV again just to find some new commercials to annoy me

#161 11 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

And for me it’s any medication ad where the actor has “moderate-to-severe” (insert condition here). I always hope the actor has “severe” solely because I’m sick of hearing the “moderate-to-severe” line, soon followed up by “don’t take (this medication) if you’re allergic to the ingredients in (this medication)”. Hope the Ferris wheel they’re inevitably on catches on fire while they’re stuck at the top.

OMG, I literally laughed so hard that I cried! I'm with you on this one.

Most of the people on Pinside will be too young to remember this commercial (probably mid 70's), but there was some daytime soap opera actor who did a commercial for feminine hygiene products. The actor was MALE and played a doctor on some soap opera.

The commercial opens up with this actor in a white doctor's coat, looking very serious, saying ... "I'm not a real Doctor, but I play one on TV, and I would like to talk to you about feminine hygiene." I kid you not! Can you imagine how that commercial would be received today?

I cut the cord 8+ years ago and haven't seen an actual commercial in years. I had to look up the hairy lip girl commercial. Have to wonder if that commercial actually helps Amazon sales, in any way. If someone else hadn't explained what it was about, I just would have been confused. Maybe the Pinball Brothers will pick up on this and do some kind of similar advertising for their new pin (though, I hope not).

#162 11 months ago

If the vote comes up in your state to legalize online gambling apps, make sure you vote NO.

Because once your State legalizes it, 99% of all the ads you will see online, on tv, on billboards ....will all be for gambling.

"Your simply link your bank account directly to the app, no credit card needed!"

#163 11 months ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

It really bothers me that drug companies can market prescription drugs directly to consumers. The US is only one of two countries that allows this direct marketing

True story: my brother was the director of an Emergency Room that had a patient come in and ask for a "refill" on his BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) medication, as a favor (stating that he couldn't get in to see his regular doctor for some reason or another). He was at the ER for some other issue. The man was convincing and the ER Doc just wanted to help the guy out and went ahead and prescribed the med.

Turns out, the guy diagnosed himself with BPH when he saw all of those commercials on TV ... "I thought I had a going problem but turns out that I had a growing problem." Well, he was wrong. Because this guy didn't want to spend the money or take the time to go and see his Family Doctor about his issue, he duped the ER Doc into writing him a prescription for BPH medication.

Less than a year later, that guy died from metastatic prostate cancer that spread to other areas of his body. His wife sued my brother's ER for an undisclosed amount of money and is probably sipping mai tai's on a caribbean beach somewhere, nowadays.

So, why are we one of only 2 countries (out of 195) in the world that allows direct marketing of prescription drugs to consumers? Answer: A massive lobbying industry and corrupt politicians. Just one man's opinion.

#164 11 months ago

Latest poorly acted commercial:

#165 11 months ago

Thinx period panties is the worst commercial that is on air!!!!!!

#166 11 months ago

The Navage ads where everybody is shoving the nasal cleaning machine's spray nozzle up their shnoz with a big happy grin on their mug.

images (44) (resized).jpgimages (44) (resized).jpg
    #167 11 months ago

The commercials for Bounty paper towels, where they are sitting at an island in their kitchen, and they have a tablet on the countertop, or a lottery ticket, and they knock over a drink. As it spills towards the tablet or lottery ticket, they exclaim Oh No! But quickly grab the bounty just in time to save the precious items... crisis averted by Bounty! What makes it stupid and me crazy, is they could have just picked up and moved the tablet, or the lottery ticket, which were well within reach, and THEN got the paper towel! These kinds of ads insult our intelligence as humans!

#168 11 months ago

Hands Down this one!

c4kids (resized).jpgc4kids (resized).jpg
    #169 11 months ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Was her name

IMG_7923 (resized).pngIMG_7923 (resized).png
    #170 11 months ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Was her name
    [quoted image]

Reminds me of an SNL sketch. The payoff is at the end. That’s pronounced “Ozwepay”.

#171 11 months ago

Not TV, but radio. Sportclips has some ad that goes into a woman whispering. Seems like an ASMR type thing. Can't stand that stuff for some reason.

#172 11 months ago
    Quoted from gjm:

I'd like to know what the ad scouts were asking for in the hairy lipped girl ad: "Attention, all mustached young girls who don't wax that hair off, we want you to show us your gross thick hairy lip hair".

I think her name is Frida

#173 11 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

How about "Lumi'
    Smear this goo all over your stinky pie hole and be fresh for 72 hrs.
    Here's a thought take a bath once in awhile for God's sake

Don’t take a bath just put on your Thinx period pee panties

#174 11 months ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Seems like an ASMR type thing. Can't stand that stuff for some reason.

Possibly because the younger generations are acting like they invented hearing?
    "Hey...has anyone else heard of headphones?!?!"

#175 11 months ago

The Paramount+ spots where neither Stallone nor anyone at the studio seemed to care that he was portraying a 5-foot-8-inch long loogie of crusty snot dangling from his own nose.

maxresdefault (61) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (61) (resized).jpg

#176 11 months ago

Now that people taking Ozempic to lose weight also lose the desire to gamble, hopefully that will end the supergay FanDuel commercial onslaught

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2023/05/ozempic-addictive-behavior-drinking-smoking/674098/

#177 11 months ago

Why is anyone watching commercials? Especially if they drive you nuts?

#178 11 months ago

I would like to shoot at my TV like Elvis did every time I hear this jingle

#179 11 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Why is anyone watching commercials? Especially if they drive you nuts?

You know we like being pissed off.

Quoted from hAbO:

I would like to shoot at my TV like Elvis did every time I hear this jingle

These commercials don't vother me actually, but they're high on the list here
    I will say thst both BK & Pizza Hut seem to be closing all over the place sonce they started

#180 11 months ago

The Kia commercial where dad has to go back for the binky toy, only to be told it was the wrong color.

I like the ending of this commercial because it shows him driving to the mountains and away from all the bull shit.

#181 11 months ago

The Queen/Amazon commercial is the worst...and I'm a huge Queen fan. And the Cadillac commercial with the song Lift Off gets muted every time it comes on. I was sick of that song the first time I heard it. Pretty sick of My Pillow ads as well. It's like, hey...your product sucks. Stop telling us how great it is. (I've ordered twice and sent both items back.)

2 weeks later
    #182 10 months ago

This commercial is pretty old now but its still in rotation, I saw it last night which reminded me of both this thread and how much I hate this commercial: Its for Chevy or GMC trucks and its like people driving and then they start doing the *clap clap stomp* from "We Will Rock You". I really don't know what it is about this commercial that makes me cringe so hard but whoever came up with it needs to be shot out of a cannon into a cactus patch

#183 10 months ago
    Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

True story: my brother was the director of an Emergency Room that had a patient come in and ask for a "refill" on his BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia) medication, as a favor (stating that he couldn't get in to see his regular doctor for some reason or another). He was at the ER for some other issue. The man was convincing and the ER Doc just wanted to help the guy out and went ahead and prescribed the med.
    Turns out, the guy diagnosed himself with BPH when he saw all of those commercials on TV ... "I thought I had a going problem but turns out that I had a growing problem." Well, he was wrong. Because this guy didn't want to spend the money or take the time to go and see his Family Doctor about his issue, he duped the ER Doc into writing him a prescription for BPH medication.
    Less than a year later, that guy died from metastatic prostate cancer that spread to other areas of his body. His wife sued my brother's ER for an undisclosed amount of money and is probably sipping mai tai's on a caribbean beach somewhere, nowadays.
    So, why are we one of only 2 countries (out of 195) in the world that allows direct marketing of prescription drugs to consumers? Answer: A massive lobbying industry and corrupt politicians. Just one man's opinion.

And you turn on the news and hear about the opioid epidemic and everyone wonders why............this country is so backwards it's mind boggling.

#184 10 months ago

Hows your A1C?

#185 10 months ago

Jardiance..... makes me want to kick the screen when she's dancing throughout the ad, can't change the channel fast enough.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgistockphoto-468465588-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-468465588-612x612 (resized).jpg
    #186 10 months ago

SNL making fun of the HIV commercials, no guys kissing...
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/hiv-commercial/NBCE901189587

#187 10 months ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Jardiance..... makes me want to kick the screen when she's dancing throughout the ad, can't change the channel fast enough.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Most obnoxious voice singing too! Then treating her like she is some sort of starlet. She should be doing a stampede for Old Country Buffet.

#188 10 months ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

And you turn on the news and hear about the opioid epidemic and everyone wonders why............this country is so backwards it's mind boggling.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

You know your right I think I would rather live in the Middle East or maybe South America

#189 10 months ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

You know your(sic) right(period) I think I would rather live in the Middle East or maybe South America

Well that’s just because you live in Evansville, Indiana that you feel that way. There are plenty of nicer places in this country to live in than the Middle East or South America.

#190 10 months ago

The texting and driving commercial, every time I see it, I have to ask, what is a "roa". I guess that is the reason there are subtitles, so we know what she is saying.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #191 10 months ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

The texting and driving commercial, every time I see it, I have to ask, what is a "roa". I guess that is the reason there are subtitles, so we know what she is saying.
    [quoted image]

She should put her hands back on the wheel.

#192 10 months ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

She should put her hands back on the wheel.

Not if she had GMC Supercruise. Then she could clap and stomp along to we will rock you

#193 10 months ago

Leaf Filters kills Me.How many of You climb Ladders to clean Your gutters ? Not me jackass I use a trampoline.

#194 10 months ago

What's TV?

#195 10 months ago

THIS IS HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE whoa whoa whoa THIS IS HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE whoa whoa whoa THIS IS HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE whoa whoa whoa THIS IS HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE whoa whoa whoa THIS IS HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE whoa whoa whoa THIS IS HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE whoa whoa whoa

#196 10 months ago

Pharma commercials ubiquitous line: "Ask your Dr if xxxyyyzzz ir right for you".

Seriously, if you do ask your Dr such a question, there are really only a few likely answers:

1. NO, that medication is NOT appropriate for your issue (if you press him, he might even explain why)

2. Gee??? I really never thought of that, but that med would definitely help you. Sorry we didn't put you on it earlier.

3. Nah, that med probably won't help your issue, but if you want, we can put you on it anyway. Just watch out for the nasty side effects.

If you get answers 2 or 3, you probably want a new Dr.

I can only guess they continue to spend $$$ on these commercials because they hoping that viewers will demand the name brand and shun the generics???

#197 10 months ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Pharma commercials ubiquitous line: "Ask your Dr if xxxyyyzzz ir right for you".
    I can only guess they continue to spend $$$ on these commercials because they hoping that viewers will demand the name brand and shun the generics???

The generics arent allowed on the market for what, 7 years? They've made their money, folded up their tents and moved on by then.

They spend the money because people who never, ever thought about it in their lives will suddenly run to their doctor thinking, "Hey, i DO have Restless Leg Syndrome!"

#198 10 months ago

Any car commercial that shows a car parking itself. That's not the part that irritates me, it's way the driver in every one of those hold their hands up while car is parking. They look like goofs!

#199 10 months ago

These Visa Commercials with Keven Hart "We Talkin' Bout Cashbacking"

Another commercial worthy of shooting at my TV.

y7XJnZ.gify7XJnZ.gif

#200 10 months ago
    Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

"Don't take xxxyyyzzz if you're allergic to its' ingredients".

No shit.

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-tv-commercials-are-driving-you-nuts-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.