Yes - I'm making a poll. I'm curious to know what pinside thinks. Here are my thoughts - and remember, this is from someone who is likely buying a standard Wonka:
The more I watch Wonka the more I can't get over how non innovative it is. In fact it might be the least innovative jjp to date. I'll focus on Dialed In which I think absolutely smokes it in this category. The jawbreaker toy is such a let down, and I can see that getting annoying to watch that spin all the time. The fact it rotates to show a lock - who cares? It's like ToM but without the cool chest mold and the magnet that grabs the ball!
What else is there? The TV in the back corner? So my pic gets transported onto a screen? This has nothing to do with the gameplay itself and from what I can tell disappears or gets so small I'm not sure of the benefit besides the initial occurrence.
I'm not mentioning magnets b/c DI has magnets throughout as well. The Wonka elevator in the back left corner? It's basically a giant clear VUK - yawn.
Theatre. Period. Just the theater alone could take the win here. Then add the following:
1) Molded moving electric target
2) Flippers that are actually stopped upon attack from the game
3) Trap door on the left side
4) Implementation of a cell phone to control flippers. Lame but it's never been done before
5) Hmmm - the giant custom Cell Phone Toy tied to the entire game with modes and is interactive? I know this causes folks not to like the game but innovation? Yes please.
6) Back right corner - another custom sculpture that interacts with the ball
I think I might need to buy DI again. haha. I also think this is Jack's first time you're seeing him scale back a little to get the margins right.....I won't even mention how this compares to his previous game (POTC) which I still believe is off the line b/c margins are way out of whack considering all they included in that game. If it comes back, it's coming back at a higher price or stripped - sound familiar....WOZ?