(Topic ID: 352110)

What’s Up Doc? - it’s the Looney Tunes owners club!

By jfh

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 952 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Slaitster
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version of Looney Tunes did you order?”

• Collector’s Edition 61 votes
    94%
  • Bloodsucker Edition 3 votes
    5%
  • Standard Edition 1 vote
    2%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

apron (resized).jpg
lt4 (resized).jpg
apron lights (resized).jpg
lock down (resized).jpg
lt1 (resized).jpg
lt3 (resized).jpg
lt2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240619_211326895.MP (resized).jpg
led (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
BC3EF2E0-60B9-4A20-8E9E-749FAFB0F00E (resized).jpeg
7414F1F2-1BB7-4982-B33B-29CA49E13CAE (resized).jpeg
DF9CC18E-1255-4C8B-B621-A47F73B6DBDB.jpeg
3E1B780C-19EB-4F69-B58A-9F0403C60A9B.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 952 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
#251 3 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Nothing against TCM, looks amazing, but LT is selling pretty consistently and at a slow/steady pace judging from Spooky's on-site inventory. TCM has been a little more stagnant. I just watch the inventory trickle down on both titles for fun. No idea what correlation it has to actual available units left for production, but LT seems to be selling better and pushing more units atm. I assume it has to do with the theme having greater mass appeal.
As an aside, the Twitch stream of gameplay yesterday was awesome for hearing the game's music. Up until now most streams were pretty quiet on that front. Definitely advise buyers to check it out.

Think LT is just a more general appeal theme. It works for a much larger range than a hardcore horror pinball.

#252 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Think LT is just a more general appeal theme. It works for a much larger range than a hardcore horror pinball.

Yes, thus my comment about mass appeal. I've said before ordering LT was my concession to TCM because of its family friendly nature, and appropriateness for my kiddos. LT is a theme more personal to me as well over TCM, but I'll be damned if I hadn't thought long and hard about ordering TCM first. Both machines look great, however. Hoping Spooky continues to crank the effort on the code to "11" (not that either title is truly hurting presently, but improvement and tweaks are a good thing) and drives both these suckers home as great longterm favorites.

#253 3 months ago

Is Henery Hawk in it? Man I love that Chicken Hawk.

#254 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Only downside for me was the inlane sound which I can only describe as farting. I’m sure there’s another name for it but that seems like it could get old and annoying very quickly.

I agree but with one addition, that ding/yell sound effect. That was obnoxious on Bug’s stream, Don’s and this other guy’s. If those two could be shut off, made to sound every fifth hit or so instead of every hit or randomized with other noises (or perhaps even removed altogether), that would be great.

#255 3 months ago

Congrats to Spooky to selling all the LT show games!

Waiting to hear from those that were on the fence before playing.

Don’t forget about the Spooky session this evening at 7pm Central.

IMG_6266 (resized).jpegIMG_6266 (resized).jpeg
#256 3 months ago

Love LT and how it plays. Great shots and the story line rather than just a theme without any integration. I think LT has taken Spooky to a whole new level and very well priced. Like several other new games at show but most way more $.

#257 3 months ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:I agree but with one addition, that ding/yell sound effect. That was obnoxious on Bug’s stream, Don’s and this other guy’s. If those two could be shut off, made to sound every fifth hit or so instead of every hit or randomized with other noises (or perhaps even removed altogether), that would be great.

If there is a sending to turn it off for people that’s fine but I’d love to have it in my game. I think it sounds like a cartoon under glass.

#258 3 months ago

Interesting Spooky seminar at TPF tonight but not a whole lot of discussion about Looney Tunes. Panel included Brad Duke, Corwin/Bug, SpookyLuke, Hilton Jones and Ben Heck and later Chris Franchi (who has one of the best autographs in the industry).

Some take aways:

- This weekend was Spooky’s biggest booth ever. Non-stop all weekend and a big change from the AMH launch at TPF years ago (where AMH sales and Spooky took off. That was an awesome weekend to be at TPF). Great reception and excitement from attendees for both games. LT had a distinct order advantage prior to the show but TCM has picked up momentum. Lots of people really enjoying the shared shots and layout.

- Nice to hear from Hilton and Ben on some aspects of coding TCM. Relevant as part of a “we improved by having two completely separate teams working with the layout” discussion. TCM whitewood was delivered in July 2022 (LT wasn’t mentioned but presumably around the same time since the layout is the same).

- Significant QC changes making LT/TCM the best games ever with games now going through a two week QC check process cycling games every day rather than clearing them in a few hours and sticking them in a box. Hilton (who is also an operator and has operated every Spooky game save Dominos) mentioned that QC has gotten better every game, that the Spooky team works hard to improve both quality and issues that matter to ops. He mentioned his Scooby has over 14k plays without any significant issues.

- interesting discussion with Chris Franchi and Brad Duke on the differences between “Art” and “Pinball Art”, specifically the challenges with playfield art depending in mechs, shots and rules. Brad mentioned the playfield was the most fun but also the most complex part of the art package. He has apparently hidden lots of Easter eggs on the playfield and plastics for us to find and enjoy.

- There’s going to be a Tv show that Spooky fans will want to watch later this year. (No details, just a big tease from Bug).

- I need to plan a trip to Benton at 3am on a Sunday morning.

Some glaring omissions: no real discussion on the development of the Looney Tunes game itself, gameplay design, requirements from/issues with licensor Warner Brothers or how they were to work with, music, cartoons, voice talent, design iterations, etc. I kept hoping the crowd would ask questions I was going to ask but there r weren’t any game specific questions about LT (or TCM for that matter).

Worth watching if you are interested in Spooky Pinball but not something to seek out if you are mostly interested in Looney Tunes.

#259 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting Spooky seminar at TPF tonight but not a whole lot of discussion about Looney Tunes. Panel included Brad Duke, Corwin/Bug, SpookyLuke, Hilton Jones and Ben Heck and later Chris Franchi (who has one of the best autographs in the industry).

Some take aways:
- This weekend was Spooky’s biggest booth ever. Non-stop all weekend and a big change from the AMH launch at TPF years ago (where AMH sales took off). Great reception and excitement from attendees for both games. LT had a distinct order advantage prior to the show but TCM has picked up momentum. Lots of people really enjoying the shots and layout.

- nice to hear from Hilton and Ben on some aspects of coding TCM. Relevant as part of a “we improved by having two completely separate teams working with the layout” discussion. TCM whitewood was delivered in July 2022 (LT wasn’t mentioned but presumably around the same time since the layout is the same).

- Significant QC changes making LT/TCM the best games ever with games now going through a two week QC check process cycling games every day rather than clearing them in a few hours and sticking them in a box. Hilton (who is also an operator and has operated every Spooky game save Dominos) mentioned that Spooky’s QC has gotten better every game and his Scooby has over 14k plays without any significant issues.

- interesting discussion with Chris Franchi and Brad Duke on the differences between “Art” and “Pinball Art”, specifically the challenges with playfield art depending in mechs, shots and rules. Brad mentioned the playfield was the most fun but also the most complex part of the art package. He has apparently hidden lots of Easter eggs on the playfield and plastics for us to find and enjoy.

- there’s going to be a Tv show that Spooky fans will want to watch later this year. (No details from Bug).

Some glaring omissions: no real discussion on the development of the Looney Tunes game itself, gameplay design, requirements from/issues with licensor Warner Brothers or how they were to work with, music, cartoons, voice talent, design iterations, etc. I kept hoping the crowd would ask questions I was going to ask but there r weren’t any game specific questions about LT (or TCM for that matter).

Worth watching if you are interested in Spooky Pinball but not something to seek out if you are mostly interested in Looney Tunes.

Maybe Bug and I could do a scream and stream just specifically talking looney tunes design and development process if that's something you guys are interested in!

#260 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Maybe Bug and I could do a scream and stream just specifically talking looney tunes design and development process if that's something you guys are interested in!

That would be awesome!. I have some I was hoping to ask the team this weekend that might help in guiding the discussion. I’ll organize and send them. Perhaps a different perspective coming from someone who hasn’t lived and breathed LT every day for two years.

#261 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I’d be curious to know do you guys

1) come up with both themes around the same time and design a playfield with both in mind
2) come up with 1 theme and design a playfield and retrofit another theme into it
3) or design a unique playfield and attach 2 themes to it

Or none of these things….

#262 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

What happens at 3am on a Sunday morning?

Also, where is this video posted. I’d like to watch it and I’ve been looking everywhere…

#263 3 months ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Also, where is this video posted. I’d like to watch it and I’ve been looking everywhere…

There is a link in the media post (2nd post in this thread).
I need to adjust the time offset again to get to the exact start but it’s close.

#264 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Some take aways:
- This weekend was Spooky’s biggest booth ever. Non-stop all weekend and a big change from the AMH launch at TPF years ago (where AMH sales and Spooky took off. That was an awesome weekend to be at TPF). Great reception and excitement from attendees for both games. LT had a distinct order advantage prior to the show but TCM has picked up momentum. Lots of people really enjoying the shared shots and layout.

- Nice to hear from Hilton and Ben on some aspects of coding TCM. Relevant as part of a “we improved by having two completely separate teams working with the layout” discussion. TCM whitewood was delivered in July 2022 (LT wasn’t mentioned but presumably around the same time since the layout is the same).

- Significant QC changes making LT/TCM the best games ever with games now going through a two week QC check process cycling games every day rather than clearing them in a few hours and sticking them in a box. Hilton (who is also an operator and has operated every Spooky game save Dominos) mentioned that QC has gotten better every game, that the Spooky team works hard to improve both quality and issues that matter to ops. He mentioned his Scooby has over 14k plays without any significant issues.

- There’s going to be a Tv show that Spooky fans will want to watch later this year. (No details, just a big tease from Bug).

Wishing I had gone to the front to try to win the playfield

#265 3 months ago

I think many have already watched this, but I'll share it for those that haven't seen it yet. Karl streamed both Barry O's BBQ Challenge and Looney Tunes. Give the whole thing a watch, but if you want to jump to Looney Tunes it starts at 58:00. I kind of wish he would have streamed The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so he could have seen two games about BBQ. Who would have predicted that in 2024.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2090969491

#266 3 months ago

No one. It is bizarre to me for sure.

#267 3 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think many have already watched this, but I'll share it for those that haven't seen it yet. Karl streamed both Barry O's BBQ Challenge and Looney Tunes. Give the whole thing a watch, but if you want to jump to Looney Tunes it starts at 58:00. I kind of wish he would have streamed The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so he could have seen two games about BBQ. Who would have predicted that in 2024.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2090969491

Direct link:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2090969491?t=58m

And TCM is the clear BBQ winner. You’ve probably already sold more than the other will in total.

#268 3 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Same with Scooby, I changed the LCD settings;
Brightness 30
Contrast 70
Gamma On
There’s no one thing. It’s the best shooting Spooky game and maybe their nicest looking. It’s really nice and I love the extras like the magnetic art pieces. The new apron lighting is the best anyone is doing.
I love the loop shot from the upper right flipper and the lock mech in the back. The way the orbit diverter lifts to shoot the lock is so cool.
Shooting under the upper right flipper is easier than expected. You can shoot under the upper left flipper two for a playfield multiplier.
Maybe the best thing is how different it feels playing it compared to TCM. I’m jumping back and forth and they really feel different other than maybe the two upper flipper loop shots. Smart decision having two separate teams and different playfield inserts.

Where are you making these changes? On the LCD itself directly? Thanks.

#269 3 months ago

Have my machine up and running. Shout out to Bugs and Luke and everyone from Spooky at TPF for helping pack it up and even hauling it out to our truck quickly and easily. It was really well packed and not a single rain drop damage. I'm loving the color of the machine with my Epoxy Garage floor.

I'm not a pinball pro so I'm sure I'm going to have some pretty basic questions but since this is the owners thread I'm going to throw out some questions. In the "Aint She Tweet" segment they keep telling me to "Shoot the Roving Shot". What or where the heck is a Roving Shot? Apparently I have never found it and I've played this scenario a few times now.

I'll preface my next comment with the fact that I haven't leveled my machine yet. I left it with the legs set the same as they were at TPF but I don't have anything to measure the angle yet. My ball keeps getting stuck right behind Taz on the outer ring (is that called the orbit?). I'm thinking may be if I do level/angle the machine it may not happen. Anyone else have the issue?

And lastly is there anyway to clear out the Top Players list? I have a feeling I will never beat some of the players from TPF that have entered their top score My Grand Champ is "Speedy" with 786,000,000+ points.

LT Pinball (resized).jpgLT Pinball (resized).jpg
#270 3 months ago
Quoted from MansfieldDam:

Have my machine up and running. Shout out to Bugs and Luke and everyone from Spooky at TPF for helping pack it up and even hauling it out to our truck quickly and easily. It was really well packed and not a single rain drop damage. I'm loving the color of the machine with my Epoxy Garage floor.
I'm not a pinball pro so I'm sure I'm going to have some pretty basic questions but since this is the owners thread I'm going to throw out some questions. In the "Aint She Tweet" segment they keep telling me to "Shoot the Roving Shot". What or where the heck is a Roving Shot? Apparently I have never found it and I've played this scenario a few times now.
I'll preface my next comment with the fact that I haven't leveled my machine yet. I left it with the legs set the same as they were at TPF but I don't have anything to measure the angle yet. My ball keeps getting stuck right behind Taz on the outer ring (is that called the orbit?). I'm thinking may be if I do level/angle the machine it may not happen. Anyone else have the issue?
And lastly is there anyway to clear out the Top Players list? I have a feeling I will never beat some of the players from TPF that have entered their top score My Grand Champ is "Speedy" with 786,000,000+ points.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Nice to see those being "delivered".

Roving shot probably means that it moves. There is possibly a shot that is moving and of you trap the ball when in this mode and look at the playfield you might see a blinky shot move after a certain amount of time.

As for leveling, I would recommend leveling this asap, can use a leveler app with iPhone I think or just a basic level used for framing. Some people will buy small digital level. Leveling left to right is key.

Then for steepness, if you see it's too floaty, rause those back leg, if you have a hard time making the ramps at the back, lower them a tad.

Congrats and happy flipping.

#271 3 months ago

[quoted image]

Good advice from Joker19 but use a real level on the playfield (with glass off), not an app. Until you have the game leveled you could have all sorts of ball travel funkiness. Don’t forget to check level each time you move it.

There should be an option to reset high scores in the service menus but I don’t know the proper submenu and setting to send you to. If you poke around in there I’d be interested in how many plays are in the game (assume the vast majority were at TPF).

Very cool floor. Epoxy makes a great floor for pinball.
IMG_1633 (resized).jpegIMG_1633 (resized).jpeg

#272 3 months ago
Quoted from robey99:

Where are you making these changes? On the LCD itself directly? Thanks.

Yes, on back of the LCD.

#273 3 months ago

Thanks Joker19. I believe your correct with the roving shot. I went and played some more to get the mode and there is a single lit up yellow arrow to a ramp (sometimes there are two ramps lit) but it moves around. Just when you are ready to make the shot it moves to a different ramp.

How do I select the mode I want. I've only rotated between three of the modes: Aint She Tweet, Hyde and Go Tweet, Hare vs Tortoise and then once got the Gossamer episode. Do you think my machine was updated with the newest code and Modes they released right before TPF?

Your Epoxy Floor is great as well JFH!

I'm attaching some stats from my machine since everyone is asking and seems interested to know the game plays. I'm not sure the difference in numbers but I'm assuming the 300 number is game starts (not counting as a single player, or two, four etc.). I'm not sure why only half of the games finished rather than the 800+ that started. I'm not sure if they played some before TPF and since I've been home I've likely played 30 to 40 games myself that are included in these numbers but you can see likely TPF stats. I'm also not sure why other stats aren't counting (Balls Locked, Rocket MB Started, Crates Opened, etc.). May be will work on future updates and just place holders for now. I'm impressed that it has only "tilted" twice and warned twenty times at all of TPF. Thanks to everyone that treated my pin with gentle hands! Really I thought the entire pin community friendly and respectful. Occasionally had someone playing two or four player games by themselves which was annoying but really everyone was ready to make friends and talk about machines. I can't wait to go back next year.

IMG_20240318_180510 (resized).jpgIMG_20240318_180510 (resized).jpgIMG_20240318_180537 (resized).jpgIMG_20240318_180537 (resized).jpgIMG_20240318_180621 (resized).jpgIMG_20240318_180621 (resized).jpgIMG_20240318_180659 (resized).jpgIMG_20240318_180659 (resized).jpg
#274 3 months ago

How do I select the mode I want. I've only rotated between three of the modes: Aint She Tweet, Hyde and Go Tweet, Hare vs Tortoise and then once got the Gossamer episode. Do you think my machine was updated with the newest code and Modes they released right before TPF?

Go to Settings/Features/Episode Select Method and select “Optional Select Method”.

This will allow you to select a mode with the flippers at mode start. I believe you need to hit the action button to start the mode. LMK if this is incomplete/incorrect. Just going from memory; don’t have my game yet. I need to get this in the FAQ but I’m not confident of the exact menus.

#275 3 months ago

Thanks Joker19. I believe your correct with the roving shot. I went and played some more to get the mode and there is a single lit up yellow arrow to a ramp (sometimes there are two ramps lit) but it moves around. Just when you are ready to make the shot it moves to a different ramp.
Your Epoxy Floor is great as well JFH!
I'm attaching some stats from my machine since everyone is asking and seems interested to know the game plays. I'm not sure the difference in numbers but I'm assuming the 300 number is game starts (not counting as a single player, or two, four etc.). I'm not sure why only half of the games finished rather than the 800+ that started. I'm not sure if they played some before TPF and since I've been home I've likely played 30 to 40 games myself that are included in these numbers but you can see likely TPF stats.

If you assume game is set to 3 balls per game then 1425 balls played equates to about 475 games played which is about right for a new weekend show game. Games started is always higher. And it looks like a number of stats are not being logged yet (Zero outlane drains?).

Did you spend time watching others play your game? What was your take on the general reactions?

#276 3 months ago

Yes, I watched quite a few and many that played it a few times gave me some play advice and taught me some of the shots or goals in the game. Honestly I didn't find anyone that didn't like the game. Many people thought I was really lucky to grab a game from TPF and a lot of people felt this game was likely going to sell out relatively soon after TPF. I'll give a shout out to Angel who was really enthusiastic to share his excitement for the game and taught me a lot.

I played a lot of games for the first time ever and here is my opinion
1) I'm 100% happy about buying Looney Tunes although I'm not great. The ramps aren't hard and the shots feel good but I'm not good at making the ball go where I want it which is needed for many of the modes to make my score improve. I will improve!
2) Scooby Doo looks so good next to LT and too bad there wasn't room in the truck for two.
2) I was very surprised that I loved Pulp Fiction and Godfather Pins (I will likely never buy as they are not my topic of interest but really impressed with the play).
3) Where was Wizard of Oz and Wonka? I really wanted to play them. Well hopefully next year.

#277 3 months ago

Yes, I watched quite a few and many that played it a few times gave me some play advice and taught me some of the shots or goals in the game. Honestly I didn't find anyone that didn't like the game. Many people thought I was really lucky to grab a game from TPF and a lot of people felt this game was likely going to sell out relatively soon after TPF. I'll give a shout out to Angel who was really enthusiastic to share his excitement for the game and taught me a lot.
I played a lot of games for the first time ever and here is my opinion
1) I'm 100% happy about buying Looney Tunes although I'm not great. The ramps aren't hard and the shots feel good but I'm not good at making the ball go where I want it which is needed for many of the modes to make my score improve. I will improve!
2) Scooby Doo looks so good next to LT and too bad there wasn't room in the truck for two.
2) I was very surprised that I loved Pulp Fiction and Godfather Pins (I will likely never buy as they are not my topic of interest but really impressed with the play).
3) Where was Wizard of Oz and Wonka? I really wanted to play them. Well hopefully next year.

How’s the playfield look after those plays? I heard Spooky makes some great playfields

#278 3 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

How’s the playfield look after those plays? I heard Spooky makes some great playfields

Interested in this too but pretty sure Bader makes the playfields. Spooky does a lot in-house but not everything - yet.

#279 3 months ago

Congrats on your LT! One thing I thought to mention was make sure people are careful- if they get to nudging etc the machine it is like 1 1/2 away from that front lip and it would not be good to have it slide off there. Are you really tall since I would have a strange time playing a machine that was elevated like this, but again if you are tall maybe this is much better.

#280 3 months ago

I will have to get a picture of my scooby. Playfield has held up better than my sterns and jjps. Sterns are just crappy looking from the gate. Jjp look great but do dimple easier and also still have some pooling issues.

#281 3 months ago

Spooky PF are rock solid

#282 3 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Congrats on your LT! One thing I thought to mention was make sure people are careful- if they get to nudging etc the machine it is like 1 1/2 away from that front lip and it would not be good to have it slide off there. Are you really tall since I would have a strange time playing a machine that was elevated like this, but again if you are tall maybe this is much better.

I am 6 foot tall so the added height helps but I do agree with your point and likely won't leave it in this position. I haven't invited others over to play yet but my 16 year old may be reaching a bit.

As this is my first pinball I'm happy to take advice. Should I go ahead and do any polishing on the playfield now since it was at TPF and got a lot of play? I have noticed the ball ejector is not as strong as it was previously. Is this because I need to polish the playfield. The reason I say this is definitely at TPF as well as my first night at home the ball ejector was shooting farther because I could shoot the ball under the left ramp (below bugs/marvin). But now EVERY shot falls short of this. Does this mean I need to polish the playfield or is something wrong with the ejector? How often or how many games should a playfield be polished?

Other than that the playfield LOOKS great and no damage can be seen at all after TPF. I have noticed the right upper flipper gets stuck mid game and won't retract back down until the ball drains. Is this just part of the game or something I need to adjust/clean a flipper?

I have found a couple of repetitive loops that are really fun. You can use the upper left flipper getting the ball to go around and around and around the road runner track. You just have to time it right but that ball can get flying in circles which adds speed to Road Runner. Also the right upper flipper can be used over and over to go up the left upper ramp with the mouse with the candle (what's his name???). With that ramp and timing of the flipper you can just keep the ball going around and around.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

#283 3 months ago

Should I go ahead and do any polishing on the playfield now since it was at TPF and got a lot of play? I have noticed the ball ejector is not as strong as it was previously. Is this because I need to polish the playfield. The reason I say this is definitely at TPF as well as my first night at home the ball ejector was shooting farther because I could shoot the ball under the left ramp (below bugs/marvin). But now EVERY shot falls short of this. Does this mean I need to polish the playfield or is something wrong with the ejector? How often or how many games should a playfield be polished?

I would absolutely clean/wax a show the game after that many plays. As a general rule of thumb I look to do that every 100 games or so and I replace the pinballs at the same time. Every 100 may be too often do adjust that depending on how hard you are on the game. (If you notice any nicks or significant wear on the pinballs replace them right away. A damaged ball can do damage to a playfield faster than you think).

Your launch and flipper issues are unrelated to the playfield. The flipper issue is either a software bug but far more likely a physical issue with the flipper assembly itself. See if it’s binding in the coil sleeve. Ditto on the launch coil sleeve. Also check to make sure the launch assembly isn’t loose or misaligned as both could cause the issue you’re describing.

#284 3 months ago

I am 6 foot tall so the added height helps but I do agree with your point and likely won't leave it in this position. I haven't invited others over to play yet but my 16 year old may be reaching a bit.
As this is my first pinball I'm happy to take advice. Should I go ahead and do any polishing on the playfield now since it was at TPF and got a lot of play? I have noticed the ball ejector is not as strong as it was previously. Is this because I need to polish the playfield. The reason I say this is definitely at TPF as well as my first night at home the ball ejector was shooting farther because I could shoot the ball under the left ramp (below bugs/marvin). But now EVERY shot falls short of this. Does this mean I need to polish the playfield or is something wrong with the ejector? How often or how many games should a playfield be polished?
Other than that the playfield LOOKS great and no damage can be seen at all after TPF. I have noticed the right upper flipper gets stuck mid game and won't retract back down until the ball drains. Is this just part of the game or something I need to adjust/clean a flipper?
I have found a couple of repetitive loops that are really fun. You can use the upper left flipper getting the ball to go around and around and around the road runner track. You just have to time it right but that ball can get flying in circles which adds speed to Road Runner. Also the right upper flipper can be used over and over to go up the left upper ramp with the mouse with the candle (what's his name???). With that ramp and timing of the flipper you can just keep the ball going around and around.

500 games at a show is really not much. Don't sweat it. A quick clean probably isn't a bad idea though, but it's no emergency either. Pretty sure spooky does silicone bands stock rather than rubber, so it'll get a lot less dirty...first thing I do with a new stern is swap that black rubber for titans, black rubber makes a horrible mess fast.

Your eject: a few possibilities.

It could be something robbing power as suggested above, such as the coil sleeve or plunger binding. That's pretty unlikely with a few hundred games, but possible. Pull the playfield up, check out the launch mech, make sure the plunger moves freely and smoothly through the coil.

More likely is the power is being robbed by the ball launching off center or catching something post launch that is robbing power. If it's off level, that can do it - just clipping the wall can slow it down a lot. Use your cameras slow mo and launch it, see if you catch it rattling.

#285 3 months ago

I would suggest reaching out to Bug. He's quite experienced in all the details of the game. He can probably provide your best advice.

#286 3 months ago

Anybody get invoiced recently?

#287 3 months ago
Quoted from boommerknight:

I wish….

#288 3 months ago

Doubt it with them having been invested in TPF last week. Those games count towards production totals, too...

#289 3 months ago

I think people active on this thread account for maybe 10% of the total orders placed so far. There may be a few groupings of us who get invoiced around the same time, but I doubt we see a steady stream of people stating that they have been invoiced posting here.

#290 3 months ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I think people active on this thread account for maybe 10% of the total orders placed so far. There may be a few groupings of us who get invoiced around the same time, but I doubt we see a steady stream of people stating that they have been invoiced posting here.

I was hoping to have the game by now but I understand with QC and two other games being built. I just wish I wouldn’t have trade other games away so quickly in January thinking I would have it by the end of February since now I have an empty spot in my game room.

#291 3 months ago

I was hoping to have the game by now but I understand with QC and two other games being built. I just wish I wouldn’t have trade other games away so quickly in January thinking I would have it by the end of February since now I have an empty spot in my game room.

You'll probably live.

#292 3 months ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I suspect that % is lower. Don’t remember seeing any game numbers above the mid-200s.

As for invoices, I’m #244 expecting a late summer invoice and delivery about a month later. And - good news for some - Spooky believes they can pretty much eliminate the additional delay when ordering a butter cabinet that was seen during Scooby production (which seems to have been around +3 weeks).

#293 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I suspect that % is lower. Haven’t seen any game numbers above the mid-200s yet.

As for invoices, I’m #244 expecting a late summer invoice and delivery about a month later. And - good news for some - Spooky believes they can pretty much eliminate the additional delay when ordering a butter cabinet that was seen during Scooby production (which seems to have been around +3 weeks).

244 for late summer! That's a far cry from 5 a week!

#294 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

244 for late summer! That's a far cry from 5 a week!

Indeed. But 5 a week is low and we have to expect reasonable ramp up in production (which includes the Scooby decrease). And “late summer” is invoice/game slated for production so I don’t expect to see my game before my September birthday. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised but I’m perfectly happy if it’s later in the year (when there should be quite a bit more content and polish in the game code). Looney Tunes is my Christmas present to myself so anything before then is fine.

#295 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I would suggest reaching out to Bug. He's quite experienced in all the details of the game. He can probably provide your best advice.

Thanks Luke, I'm getting a digital level off Amazon hopefully tonight so I figured I will make sure it is level first to see if it solves either of the problems and then I'll reach out to Bug if the problems keep happening. I'm still having fun anyway. I think the new "Long Haired Hair" is my favorite mode so far. Do you think we will ever see Elmer, Porky, Yosemite, Pepe, Speedy, etc. in episodes or are they not included in your licensing deal?

#296 3 months ago

Played tonight with my soon. Great shooter for sure. Points need to go up like adds zero they are too low. I know they fixed that on scooby.

IMG_8448 (resized).jpegIMG_8448 (resized).jpegIMG_8450 (resized).jpegIMG_8450 (resized).jpeg
#297 3 months ago

Ok, that is number #089…

I don’t want to cause trouble here, but it would seem as if the sequence of order numbers is not even close to the sequence of machine numbers. Are they fulfilling by date of order? If this is the case, does this mean that those of us who ordered a few weeks after launch but got “low” numbers from a distributor are actually further behind in line than we think? I hope not because a low order number was one of the reasons I pulled the trigger when I did.

EDIT: I feel like the guy who puts his name in at a restaurant for a table and watches as person after person who got there after I did are escorted to their table. I know for a fact that I am not the only one who thinks this. Some sort of clarification here would go a long way…

#298 3 months ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

it would seem as if the sequence of order numbers is not even close to the sequence of machine numbers.

Pretty sure this has been covered before. There’s discussion in the Scooby Doo owner’s thread and some of the hype threads that indicates is no direct relationship between order number and game number. I’ll see if I can find references.

Maybe give your distributor a call.

#299 3 months ago

I hate to break it to you but my new machine is #238. Mine was based on the ordering order likely but I agreed to take a TPF demo since I lived in Texas and they could deliver for free, with other perks for the conference and such. Plus I knew I would be getting it earlier than others and had an exact date to get mine. Another machine at TPF was in the 200's as well. I'm sure they are doing as close to the order of orders as possible but some were set aside for distributors etc.

Update on my weak launcher. I found a "Calibrate Launcher" in the menu of settings. I was able to tweak the power to hit the middle drop target and now it works really good!!! I knew my launcher was so much weaker than what I played at TPF so likely my machine just needed calibrated for it. I haven't had a flipper problem the last two days but tonight I did get a ball stuck between the drop target and the back target when the right upper flipper swung it in their. I couldn't get it out and barely could get it out with the machine turned off and glass off. I really had to pry out the ball. Still getting the ball stuck behind Taz and I think I'm level now. It is always when the ball ejects from under the left ramp. The ball gets to the top and sits. May be I need more power to that ejector too.

IMG_20240320_213437 (resized).jpgIMG_20240320_213437 (resized).jpgIMG_20240320_220103 (resized).jpgIMG_20240320_220103 (resized).jpg
#300 3 months ago

I hate to break it to you but my new machine is #238.

When did you have #238 assigned? Before or after you agreed to buy a game at TPF? If after, than that’s interesting because I’m #244 and was told this morning that late summer was a good estimate for my game.

Nothing wrong with buying a show game to get it earlier than you would have otherwise but that’s not really “cutting the line” no matter what the number is. It’s pretty much the difference between buying a game from stock vs. pre-ordering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,099 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
San Diego, CA
$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
There are 952 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-doc-its-the-looney-tunes-owners-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.