Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by joekiss
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

The best way is to know how to look at the games. Studying your sega menus you will know how to check things in Segas, and I believe Sterns are the same basic menu (?), but knowing the menu systems is important. But before menus, it's juts using your eyes and really looking for defects and problem areas. These boards are full of info on gaem specific issues you can search before looking at whatever game you find on CL or whatever.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I assume the DE menus are close to sega as well? And thank you!

Maybe at the end but I refuse to touch DEs so I wouldn't know DMD era W/B are similar, they just look diff'rent but it's all the same "test" area and so on. These are just simple things you can do, go in the all lamp test so you don't notice a whole sting of lights is out you didn't notice before.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

It is more than worth it to pay 'just a hair too much' from a reputable dealer...

If his phrasing is accurate I agree with you, but I've never seen a dealer selling games just a c-hair over real street prices. The real deals are buying games from people and being able to fix them up...it's all part of the process.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-look-for-when-buying?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.