(Topic ID: 19107)

What Is The Value Of A VACATION AMERICA?

By PINBELL

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by coz6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0992 (resized).PNG
vacation.JPG
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 11.54.03 PM.png
dr evil.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gerry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

same with gottliebs. Stargate is one of the best games ever made. And I wouldn't turn down a class of 1812 or Bonebusters either. Only the close minded shun Gottlieb.

ditto

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$500 shit. They would be worth double if it said B/W on the backglass.

ditto ditto

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Stargate might have a lot to do, but it's just not that fun to do it. The playfield geometry and flow isn't that great, the catch-all flippers just feel wrong, and as others have said, no finesse. How the hell can you do a live catch when the flipper goes up 40 degrees off horizontal? The sound is fair to bad and the artwork is mediocre at best the best art is the logo and stuff they licensed. It might be 'built like a tank' but the kickback assy and pyramid ship-thing seem to break down a lot.
I'll give it's one of the best System 3s, but definitely not as good as most WPCs and modern Sterns.

If you adjust the flippers to be in line with the inlane guides, you get full movement or should i say throw like B/W's flippers.

Lots of Gottlieb games have been adjusted in parallel to those 2 metal wire forms under the flipper, thus making them look saggy or hanging, i guess would be a good way to describe it..

When they are like that trapping is a bit more difficult...

some say thats is the positioning from the factory, ans some say not...

I bought a HUO Bighouse and the were in line with the inlane guides, and they feel and play great..

Most every machine i have i adjusted the bats to the inlane guides... and all the shots are stil more than makeable, and you sacrafice nothing in gameplay...

i drop catch dead pass, and tap pass all the time, and Gotts are no different thatn B/W's in strength or anything else, except the end of the bat is a bit less pointy than a willams... and the rubbers are not as wide..

As far as build quality, i have had them all, Stern, B/W's ,Sega, DE, and Capcoms..and Gotts are built incredibly well

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

In fact, i've never had issues with a gottlieb at all. In my experience, they held up a lot better than my WPC stuff ever did. Plus the connectors didn't get toasty either.

I have had issues, but yes, not the WPC issues.. Gott's biggiest issues and the pins inside the connectors..

Change those terds, and a life long love affairs starts all over again..

SYS1 through 3 can be the ultimate tanks if you do the few things nessecary to make the bullet proof...

And bullet proof they become

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

now system 80 gottliebs on the other hand. Those grounding issues will run you insane.

Its realy not that bad if ya know what ya have to deal with..

once done, they are rock solid !

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ever play one of the home edition games that you used to order from sears? It's like that, except less fun.

LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gerry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-value-of-a-vacation-america?tu=Gerry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.