(Topic ID: 19107)

What Is The Value Of A VACATION AMERICA?

By PINBELL

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by coz6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0992 (resized).PNG
vacation.JPG
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 11.54.03 PM.png
dr evil.png
image.jpg

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

Also, how is the gameplay?
Thanks again!
Pinbell

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : please dont use all caps in thread headers.

#2 7 years ago

I have never played the game, but from everything I have read, it absolutely sucks. It's not worth very much at all, and it's almost impossible to sell. Proceed with caution!

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I have never played the game, but from everything I have read, it absolutely sucks. It's not worth very much at all, and it's almost impossible to sell. Proceed with caution!

Agreed. If you don't get it super cheap it will be hard to sell for what you bought it for. In fact it may be hard to sell at all.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Agreed. If you don't get it super cheap it will be hard to sell for what you bought it for. In fact it may be hard to sell at all.

i predict this pin is going to become a running joke, much like BBH and WPT. even gottliebs get more respect than it does.

#5 7 years ago

They are super rare and charmingly awful.

Only seen one for sale and it went for $1200.

#6 7 years ago

guess these were intended to be home use only.
http://www.chicago-gaming.com/vacation.php

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

guess these were intended to be home use only.
http://www.chicago-gaming.com/vacation.php

Yep, you got that right!

#9 7 years ago

$863 for one in average condition.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from raddroxx:

$864 is right out!

#11 7 years ago

No fu**ing way. It's way closer to -$75 because that's about what it'll cost to have someone haul it away. I'm serious, I'm not being sarcastic. It's the biggest piece of crap. Whatever you pay for it will be what you loose on it.

Quoted from raddroxx:

You must be living under a rock to compare Vacation America to WPT and BBH.

Quoted from Dommer:

i predict this pin is going to become a running joke, much like BBH and WPT.

Post edited by gweempose : profanity obfuscated

#12 7 years ago

I believe the going rate is approximately $400 to have one removed from your property....

#13 7 years ago

Http://www.pinballreviews.com/u-zrev.htm

I love these guys....terrible site to try to navigate through, but I love what they have to say. I've never played VA, but between what these guys say and reading reviews on other forms, I'd say it may not be worth buying......then again what do I know, I'm about to pick up a Popeye.

#14 7 years ago

I'd pay $500 just to have something that no one has played.

You know at an expo, people would line up to get their picture next to it.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

i predict this pin is going to become a running joke, much like BBH and WPT. even gottliebs get more respect than it does.

Difference is WPT is a sick, sick, game that nobody gives a chance.

#16 7 years ago

There was an ad for a HUO (lol) Vacation America with "extra parts" in NH the other day for $475. I sent an e-mail but didn't hear back. For that price, I agree with what vid1900 said!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

For that price, I agree with what vid1900 said!

That's assuming you have room for it. I certainly wouldn't want it taking up space that could be used for a game that is actually fun to play.

#18 7 years ago

Have you ever played a Vacation America? It's not even a real pinball game. Buy this game and it will take you less than 5 plays to realize you will never play it again and you can be the laughing stock of anyone who sees your collection.

Seriously, it's not even funny as a joke.

Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from pzy:

There was an ad for a HUO (lol) Vacation America with "extra parts" in NH the other day for $475. I sent an e-mail but didn't hear back. For that price, I agree with what vid1900 said!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Have you ever played a Vacation America? It's not even a real pinball game. Buy this game and it will take you less than 5 plays to realize you will never play it again and you can be the laughing stock of anyone who sees your collection.
Seriously, it's not even funny as a joke.

Wiki says it uses DE and Stern, I think, components. I never played one...is it really that inferior to the other common pins we all talk about?

PBD

#20 7 years ago

Yes. It has a 2.9 on IPDB and I'm shocked it's that high. Just to give you some perspective, Raven, the game considered to be one of the worst pinballs ever made has a 5.6 on IPDB.

Quoted from Pinballdad:

Wiki says it uses DE and Stern, I think, components. I never played one...is it really that inferior to the other common pins we all talk about?

PBD

#21 7 years ago

If you did a re-theme that included a new and different playfield, new cabinet with DMD/LCD and hardware that could handle a quality rulesheet -- you just might just have a good game.

#22 7 years ago

You basically just described what could be MM, TZ, AFM or any other completely different game...

Quoted from Zaxxis:

If you did a re-theme that included a new and different playfield, new cabinet with DMD/LCD and hardware that could handle a quality rulesheet -- you just might just have a good game.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

No fu**ing way. It's way closer to -$75 because that's about what it'll cost to have someone haul it away. I'm serious, I'm not being sarcastic. It's the biggest piece of crap. Whatever you pay for it will be what you loose on it.

You must be living under a rock to compare Vacation America to WPT and BBH.

If you had a price guide you could see for yourself.

#24 7 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/churchill.html

I did a quick search and didn't find any gameplay videos of it. Has anyone ever seen one that they care to share? I'd love to see what the almost unanimous 'worst' actually looks like. If you are worried about your street cred here, send me the video and I'll put it on youtube.

#25 7 years ago

I played it when it first came out.

I would just buy it to have something no one else has.

That is why I tried to buy that Laser Lord. I did not expect it to be the ultimate game, just a rare game.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from vid1900:

It is statements like these that demonstrate why vid is my favorite poster on this forum. Knowledgable and very dry humor!!! Great stuff!

#27 7 years ago

Yup. Vacation America books for $700. All that proves is that price guides can very much be full of shit.

Quoted from raddroxx:

If you had a price guide you could see for yourself.

#28 7 years ago

I can't believe a Vacation America thread has lasted this long

#29 7 years ago

Vacation America is built by Churchill Cabinet Company, the very same people who built cabinets and playfields for Williams, Data East, Sega Pinball, and Stern Pinball. Uses many of the same Stern/Data East pinball parts.

#30 7 years ago

does this sound familiar to anyone else?
"We've heard numerous tales of new companies producing pinball games, but this time it looks like they're serious. But why would a company which produces cabinets for Stern Pinball go head-to-head with one of their customers, or are there some important differences to their game?...
Vacation America … A new pinball … A new pinball company! Wow. The game is the “child” of Churchill Cabinet’s Doug Duba. Churchill has supplied cabinets for a number of pinball manufacturers though out its history and currently makes all the cabinets and finished playfields for Stern Pinball. But, how can this be? The answer is that this game is aimed in a different direction. This pinball is meant for the home market only....In addition, Doug says the company is about six months away from starting on another model. This could get interesting!."

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

does this sound familiar to anyone else?
"We've heard numerous tales of new companies producing pinball games, but this time it looks like they're serious. But why would a company which produces cabinets for Stern Pinball go head-to-head with one of their customers, or are there some important differences to their game?...
Vacation America … A new pinball … A new pinball company! Wow. The game is the “child” of Churchill Cabinet’s Doug Duba. Churchill has supplied cabinets for a number of pinball manufacturers though out its history and currently makes all the cabinets and finished playfields for Stern Pinball. But, how can this be? The answer is that this game is aimed in a different direction. This pinball is meant for the home market only....In addition, Doug says the company is about six months away from starting on another model. This could get interesting!."

1 year later
#32 5 years ago

Just saw one for sale for $500. I was like, I never heard of this title and my wife loves Vacation and Chevy Chase.

Quick Google search and I was like, oh. :/

That would've been a great theme back in the day.

#33 5 years ago

I would love to see a game play video.... anyone?

#34 5 years ago

At the expo this was the only game I could play when the room was packed - I was not aware it was one of the worst games ever. I recognized it to have flaws but tried like hell to get to last vacation stop - but this game has nothing to do with Vacation except the words and artwork that make you think it might be related.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would love to see a game play video.... anyone?

No you don't

#36 5 years ago

I saw the same one for sale. It was difficult to find any information on this pin.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just saw one for sale for $500. I was like, I never heard of this title and my wife loves Vacation and Chevy Chase.

I would have bought it in a heartbeat to have Kordek's last game before he passed.

#38 5 years ago

Anyone got better PF pictures than the ones posted on IPDB?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

+1 minus the charming part.

#40 5 years ago

No Pinsiders own one...no gameplay videos exist...how many of these actually exist? I'm starting to think it's an elaborate inside joke and not a real pinball.

#41 5 years ago

Not sure i would like to have one even if i got it for free...

#42 5 years ago

The scary thing is that this is the same company putting out the 8k MM remakes! Not in for that one, if these are the same folks that made VA, there will be some disappointment...

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

No Pinsiders own one

No Pinsiders admit to owning one

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

The scary thing is that this is the same company putting out the 8k MM remakes! Not in for that one, if these are the same folks that made VA, there will be some disappointment...

Of course the same company that made VA also made the original MM playfield and cabinet for Williams .

So obviously, if you don't like Vacation America, you are disappointed with the original Medieval Madness.

#45 5 years ago

i've played it and it feels like a cheap home model. Like fireball home edition and crap like that. Plays cheap, feels cheap. And not in a good hooker way either.

Rare or not, I wouldn't want it taking up a footprint in my collection. There is plenty of rare Euro stuff i'd much rather have. If I had room for 500 games, I would "think" about getting one, but wouldn't pay over $300 for a nice one.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

wpt is considered a joke? by whom? i think its one of the best games out there.

#47 5 years ago

same with gottliebs. Stargate is one of the best games ever made. And I wouldn't turn down a class of 1812 or Bonebusters either. Only the close minded shun Gottlieb.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

same with gottliebs. Stargate is one of the best games ever made. And I wouldn't turn down a class of 1812 or Bonebusters either. Only the close minded shun Gottlieb.

Gottliebs have their flaws, but I like some of them. I think most Gottlieb DMD's would sell for an extra $500 if they had a Williams label. I had to sell my Wipe Out (sadly) but in good shape it plays much better than people think.

#49 5 years ago

image.jpg

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from rancegt:

Gottliebs have their flaws, but I like some of them. I think most Gottlieb DMD's would sell for an extra $500 if they had a Williams label. I had to sell my Wipe Out (sadly) but in good shape it plays much better than people think.

$500 shit. They would be worth double if it said B/W on the backglass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 199.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
€ 279.00
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside