(Topic ID: 19107)

What Is The Value Of A VACATION AMERICA?

By PINBELL

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by coz6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0992 (resized).PNG
vacation.JPG
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 11.54.03 PM.png
dr evil.png
image.jpg

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

i predict this pin is going to become a running joke, much like BBH and WPT.

WPT, a joke?

I guess you've never played one.

#102 4 years ago

It humors me that Vacation America is linked as a game made by Chicago Coin. I am guessing they will also get credit for MMr when the time comes.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Was it UL listed?

I see no UL markings on it.

#104 4 years ago

I had one years ago, for a non pin person it is just fine. I think we sold it for 400 bucks.

10 months later
#105 3 years ago

One of these clunkers is for sale now in Richmond VA....

Buyers Beware

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisram22:

One of these clunkers is for sale now in Richmond VA....
Buyers Beware

And this is why I am looking at this thread today. Google is amazing

Luckily, I'm still saving to put an Orbitor 1 in my collection and not some weird "experimental" machine.

3 months later
#107 3 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Luckily, I'm still saving to put an Orbitor 1 in my collection and not some weird "experimental" machine.

I've found after a handful of mushrooms, Orbitor 1 plays exactly like TX-Sector.

5 months later
#108 2 years ago

a grand takes this one, lol

chicago.craigslist.org link

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from brandsilence:

a grand takes this one, lol

I saw that. Pretty neat and not a title you see a lot.

#110 2 years ago

Where's porkchop express when you need him?

#112 2 years ago

5 pinsiders admit to owning the game. There are not enough ratings to include it

#113 2 years ago
#114 2 years ago

I have to admit I like the art in a goofy way. I dig old SUVs like the Rangr Rover and love highway signs. I would be interested in the IL one if it was next door because I have almost zero pinball budget. Did any notice the ol' lady in the background looking like you are selling What?

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from brandsilence:

down to $800

Is that the same one? The pics looked different I thought.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that the same one? The pics looked different I thought.

I think there are two different ones up currently

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I think there are two different ones up currently

That's what I thought. Pretty crazy huh?

#118 2 years ago

2016 Prices

$600, working in good condition.
Less than $450, if the game does not work.
Less than $250, if the game does not work and is trashed.
Game is repairable, but generally not worth the time and effort.

#119 2 years ago

I picked up the Vacation America for 500 yesterday, so you know. It's my first machine and frankly, my young sons and I are having a pretty good time with it. Everything seems to be in nice condition although all the criticisms of the machine seem pretty valid. My ideal machine would be Indianapolis 500, but I can't justify spending 4,000 dollars. Anyway, I have noticed an annoying problem...when I attempt to get multi ball going and lock the 2nd ball in the upper kick-out, the machine doesn't doesn't give me a new ball. It seems like a software bug or something because the upper kick out works before the multi ball light is lit. Not sure what to do and it's frustrating since multi ball is the most fun thing and I haven't been able to initiate it yet. I have to turn the machine off and back on again for the machine to kick out the ball and give me a new ball. Frustrating. Any ideas how to fix?

Looking forward to all the shots I am going to take for buying the worst pinball machine ever, but hey, at least I own a pinball now!

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from mrehill:

I picked up the Vacation America for 500 yesterday, so you know. It's my first machine and frankly, my young sons and I are having a pretty good time with it. Everything seems to be in nice condition although all the criticisms of the machine seem pretty valid. My ideal machine would be Indianapolis 500, but I can't justify spending 4,000 dollars. Anyway, I have noticed an annoying problem...when I attempt to get multi ball going and lock the 2nd ball in the upper kick-out, the machine doesn't doesn't give me a new ball. It seems like a software bug or something because the upper kick out works before the multi ball light is lit. Not sure what to do and it's frustrating since multi ball is the most fun thing and I haven't been able to initiate it yet. I have to turn the machine off and back on again for the machine to kick out the ball and give me a new ball. Frustrating. Any ideas how to fix?
Looking forward to all the shots I am going to take for buying the worst pinball machine ever, but hey, at least I own a pinball now!

VA is no where near the worst pinball machine ever made. Dozens are ahead of it in the diarrhea running.

You can get a good I500 for under $2600. You can get a superb+ one for $3200, restored. I know where one is right now for sale. If you have the cash, I would buy it as this game is on the rise as a B Title. The release on Pinball Arcade is going to acclerate the pricing, as many have never played one.

How do I know?
I own one, and people go, "WTF is that?"

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You can get a good I500 for under $2600. You can get a superb+ one for $3200, restored. I know where one is right now for sale. If you have the cash, I would buy it as this game is on the rise as a B Title. The release on Pinball Arcade is going to acclerate the pricing, as many have never played one.
How do I know?
I own one, and people go, "WTF is that?"

I'd like to shop in your market. Good i500 for under 2600? Yes please.

4 months later
#122 2 years ago

Reduced to $800, and its quote, "collectible!"

tampa.craigslist.org link

IMG_0992 (resized).PNG

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Reduced to $800, and its quote, "collectible!"
tampa.craigslist.org link

I live 10 miles or so from this.. I considered going to play it just for the fun of it, but I'd be worried I was the only one who showed any interest at all, and they try to get me to buy it. 1) I'd only give them maybe $75 for it, and I have ABSOLUTELY no room for another game presently. I can't even walk around in Flipper Control presently!

-Brian

#124 2 years ago

It's a pretty neat layout. If someone did a rules rewrite, it could be pretty good. The construction is pretty solid.

1 year later
#126 9 months ago

Vacation America proves that rare games aren't always valuable. That being said, it plays better than a Magic Girl ...

#127 9 months ago

Saw a mint one in my area for $500 several months ago.... I passed, though had thoughts of trying my hand at a re-theme.

#128 9 months ago

Charming awful.

Bad layout, horrible display, odd oversized black box, terrible art, clunky shots, close to zero code.

Mine is a keeper.

#129 9 months ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Anyone got better PF pictures than the ones posted on IPDB?

I doubt anyone would come forward for risk of public shame.

#130 9 months ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

Thanks again!

29 cents. Final answer.

#131 9 months ago

I played one and have to say its not the worst game I have played.

#132 9 months ago

Well, it sure does make any game you put next to it look pretty good. So it has that going for it!

8 months later
#133 36 days ago

Bumping an old thread as I just saw one of these pop up for $500 in Indianapolis. Not interested myself but figured someone may want an ugly duckling.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#134 36 days ago
Quoted from Robotarmy:

Bumping an old thread as I just saw one of these pop up for $500 in Indianapolis. Not interested myself but figured someone may want an ugly duckling.

Love the quote on this add

"Sought after by pinball collectors, as was only a limited run."

Yup....this one is right up there with Bally Bigfoot

#135 36 days ago

I've never played it, but it's obviously a better deal than the $1800 one in PA.

#136 35 days ago
Quoted from Robotarmy:

I might know a guy - unfortunately.

#137 35 days ago
Quoted from Robotarmy:

Rats its gone I was going to go get it... Really I was

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside