(Topic ID: 337096)

What game have you lost most money on?

By Jokerman

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    matrix (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_6921277_2881469 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230520_213449_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

If I ever sell Halloween or Dialed In that will take the cake.
    Maybe 50-100 on King Rock

Dialed In? Yikes! How would that be possible? Unless you paid a premium for it new. It's one of the most stable value pins out there!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #37 11 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I play it and when I'm done, I sell it no matter what the market says at the time.

I think this is the only sane way to do it. I generally love my pins until...one day I don't. Then it's time to go. Might make some $, might lose some. But it's time to go either way!

#40 11 months ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

SE was $6500 when it first came out! Then price hike hit and it was $7500.

Quoted from TheLaw:

That is incorrect.
    It wemt to 8k for DI and then Wonka dropped to 7.5
    I think the prices you're quoting were Hobbit.

In May 2017 the SE was $8k on the JJP website. Now we can all sleep well tonight.

#56 11 months ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Did you make this historic price chart or it is available somewhere?

Hahaha! Did I make this chart! I can't do that AND have adequate time to play pinball, sir!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/dialed-in

1 month later
    #115 10 months ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

I got Ultramanned for $2000. By the time I jumped ship you couldn’t even sell your spot for free.

I remember offering someone $200 for their pretty worthless Halloween BSE spot. They were highly insulted and said:
    "How do you come up with $200 being good when I put down $1500.
    I have over 50 pinballs and I am not so desperate that I would give it to you for that.
    You are being unfair and I will loose the whole darn amount before I do that.
    I blow $200 on a Steak Dinner.."

Weird reasoning. And flex. And the irony is they clearly buy and (try to) flip a LOT of NIB pins.

#134 10 months ago
    Quoted from dtmail209:

I lost $750 selling my Scooby deposit. I actually love the game but being a noob to the hobby got spooked by all of the maintenance issues. Seems like it’s getting better - but Spooky lost me.
    The guy I sold it to has a bunch of pins and can handle the maintenance. I got a MBr for a great price instead and have put 300 games on it so far - flawless. CGC’s record on quality seems legit.

In terms of "losing money" on pins (and maintenance for that matter) CGC and Spooky are worlds apart. Enjoy your MBr!

#147 10 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Yeah any jjp or spooky you are prob going to lose money on once opened. Sick I’m going to lose $3k in a 125 play Toy Story. Not sure why jjp loses so much they are great games but stern sells much easier.

That's something I've always kept in the back of my head. Despite recent history, losing $3k on a $7k pin is much harder than losing $3k on a $12k+ pin.

2 months later
    #157 7 months ago
    Quoted from BMGfan:

A LOT of people talk about these things like they're assets and they're just not.

It's easy to start thinking ANYTHING is an investment or is always going to appreciate in value when when you can repeatedly buy something, use it, and sell it for more than you bought it for. Whether it be pins, cars, or Beanie Babies. But eventually markets self-correct, and that silliness stops.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-have-you-lost-most-money-on?tu=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.