Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

When potential buyers do this on a game that is a decent deal or in demand they pretty much miss out.

Pretty much ha. I don't mind so much people asking if I am flexible on price, I usually am if it still gets me what I want out of it.

It's the picture collectors that drive me nuts. If you want to come see the game in person and take all the time you need to go through it, that's how I know you're serious. I've spent too much of my time window shopping for people. If you want a close up of something or other, totally understandable, once you start asking for pictures of every connector...sorry, I'm out ha.

To answer the OP's question, I don't think you were in the wrong. Any serious buyer would have made a deposit or arrangements for a pick up time right away. Failing that, a simple "hey I have XYX commitments today let me give you a time tomorrow morning", etc.

"Right" or not in the eyes of the old school pinball ethics and honor code, unless I'm sure your coming I'm taking the sure thing every time.

1 month later
    #65 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your wife is always going to think "it's a bit much."
    Lesson learned but I could see where this story was going as soon as you included that part.
    Sellers don't care about who you are running the price by, or an existential battle you may be having between getting a pro and a premium etc., they just want to sell their game, as quickly and easily as possible. When people start giving me any kind of spiel/explanation like that my eyes glaze over and I start thinking about other buyers I've been speaking with.
    Better luck on the next one, there's tons of pins out there!

I've never had "ask the wife" guy come back after "asking the wife". The mark of someone with genuine interest is someone who has already asked the wife and shows up with a vehicle that can move a game and cash. If you decide you don't want to buy a game after seeing it, fair enough, totally get that, but totally agree on this. Once you need to find a truck, see if another deal pans out, etc...that's fine, but don't expect anyone to wait on you.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I’d be embarrassed saying that I have to ask the wife. Even if that’s true, make up another bull shit excuse.
    I’ve always paid full ask on all of the HUO games I’ve purchased. I only walked away from two games that I can recall because the decals were peeling and the seller never mentioned it to me.

Ha! I mean nothing wrong with discussing financial decisions amongst the family, but do that on your time before wasting mine is really all I ask.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/was-i-in-the-wrong?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.