(Topic ID: 341426)

Venom (Stern) Owner's Club. Choose Your Host, Change the Game!

By friscopinball

8 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,546 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Whic version of Venom are you buying?”

• LE 89 votes
    49%
  • Premium 61 votes
    34%
  • Pro 31 votes
    17%

(181 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87C5B8D1-86A2-4092-8486-E48F4520C7CE (resized).jpeg
9974F644-B7A9-4065-A860-024853500EB3 (resized).jpeg
21F2B6E5-B65C-4606-8A37-CF9DF741B83C (resized).jpeg
20240430_181028 (resized).jpg
tmp (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
VenomMech (resized).png
IMG_2953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5168 (resized).JPG
73E5B135-6089-455F-A913-6479061D72B8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8817 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8818 (resized).jpeg
Venom (resized).jpg
IMG_1949 (resized).jpeg
venom (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 71.
#851 6 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My LE is delayed. Not given a reason besides ‘any day’ …for over a week. The optimistic side of me wants to believe they delayed LEs til they figure out the air ball fix and code reset issues.

When some dists have LEs just hanging out on their warehouse floor, that's weird. Seems maybe dist-specific?

#852 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When some dists have LEs just hanging out on their warehouse floor, that's weird. Seems maybe dist-specific?

It’s not at the distributors. They said it’ll ship direct from Chicago.

#853 6 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s not at the distributors. They said it’ll ship direct from Chicago.

That's what I mean. Maybe an issue with that particular distributor's freight forwarding warehouse in Chicago. Other dists have LEs in their warehouses that aren't sold, so it's not all dists with the issue.

#854 6 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Your column of lights will reset if you fail a minor villain, Grendel or Knull. So let’s say you pick Eddie and knock out all three of his mini modes. If you’re over 10 levels then Riot will be lit. So you hit the center ramp and battle riot. If you fail all the lights in Eddie’s column will reset. If you win they will stay lit until the end of the game or until you fail Grendel or Knull. Hopefully that makes sense.

I was wondering this as well.

My only issue is seems like you battle Riot and win and you are high enough level it'll send you right into Grendel. I wish the code would let me decide maybe I'd like to change a character instead and build up a full grid box before going to Grendel.

I mean it rewards you for defeating Riot (If you are not high enough level to battle Grendel) but if you are over level 20 you have to go straight onto the next boss.

#855 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I was wondering this as well.
My only issue is seems like you battle Riot and win and you are high enough level it'll send you right into Grendel. I wish the code would let me decide maybe I'd like to change a character instead and build up a full grid box before going to Grendel.
I mean it rewards you for defeating Riot (If you are not high enough level to battle Grendel) but if you are over level 20 you have to go straight onto the next boss.

It does the same for your higher-level hosts too. Was playing hulk, I beat the first boss and it immediately kicked me into the second level one, which I failed. I beat the second level one boss in a subsequent game (the first level one boss stuck) and it immediately threw me into Grendel. I am finding using hulk is harder than the standard hosts when trying to work my way through the bosses because you have to get 6 lights instead of 3. Keeps the game challenging.

#856 6 months ago

This is a really cool and unusual game! Played the Pro version near home and thought it was pretty interesting. Really enjoyed the way the "ball swaps" happened on the ramps (very clever) and the general flow of the game. It wasn't until I went to the White Rose show in PA last weekend that I was able to play the Premium version with the additional multi-position ramp and swing-out targets that really got me hooked. So fast and fun. Happy to say, there's one showing up tomorrow! Super psyched!

#857 6 months ago

The swing out targets are better than I expected them to be.

#858 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I wish the code would let me decide maybe I'd like to change a character instead and build up a full grid box before going to Grendel.

As long as you have all 3 mini modes complete, shooting the left ramp should allow you to change host.

#859 6 months ago

200+ plays on my Venom Pro on location week 1!
So far so good!

#860 6 months ago

Just set up my LE and installed the Venom shooter rod I won from CRCades last drawing. It looks and feels great.

Thanks again CRCades!

20231011_203146 (resized).jpg20231011_203146 (resized).jpg
#861 6 months ago

Two venom premiums already up for sale at a discount.

#862 6 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

$200 is barely a discount. Same amount off each.

One has upgraded to a Venom LE. The other says they are also soon likely selling Deadpool, Black Knight, and Godzilla, and at a discount, too. Keep an eye on them and post those as well.

I sold my Maiden Prem and Godzilla Prem at a discount, should I post that in the owner's clubs, too? Maybe they're concerned about it. Oh, right, prices are down on everything as pinball normalizes again, so not a surprise.

Anywhere else you're going to crosspost the same thing?

#863 6 months ago

And?

I swear, some people just like to see the world burn.

#864 6 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

As long as you have all 3 mini modes complete, shooting the left ramp should allow you to change host.

I’m talking about once you battle Riot or Phage etc. if you defeat them it starts Grendel immediately.

#865 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One has upgraded to a Venom LE. The other says they are also soon likely selling Deadpool, Black Knight, and Godzilla, and at a discount, too. Keep an eye on them and post those as well.
I sold my Maiden Prem and Godzilla Prem at a discount, should I post that in the owner's clubs, too? Maybe they're concerned about it. Oh, right, prices are down on everything as pinball normalizes again, so not a surprise.

I don’t know why people need to feel vindicated in their decision to not like something and then try to convince others.

#866 6 months ago
Quoted from OGpinballdeals:

Stern tech support just told me they will have a plastic kit out very soon that will go to all Venom owners with a ramp cover for ball fly offs and a couple of other plastics to cover areas where the ball can get stuck. (He also mentioned restart issues with .92 code and new code is coming soon - as posted earlier...)

Does that mean our retailer will ship them to us or do we have to contact stern?

#867 6 months ago

venom pinball - my first impressions

#868 6 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I don’t know why people need to feel vindicated in their decision to not like something and then try to convince others.

It’s odd to come into the owners thread to gloat about something that’s a non issue.

He doesn’t own Venom he just wanted to talk crap about it.

I see a brand new NIB Iron Maiden pro for sale for $6200. This is a new run with IC also. If I didn’t own Maiden already I’d buy that in a minute.

Maiden is a top 5 pin and here’s one for $800 off retail. That doesn’t say anything about Maiden it just shows the pinball market is cooling off.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/161974

#869 6 months ago

Foo is a good game. But it’s not for me.
How many times did I go to Foo thread and poo on it: none.

I am BARELY better pinball player than some one who just tried a pin once on vacation; and the changes in Venom are meant for me. I’m enjoying it and glad I bought it.
Y’all just reminded me to add it to my pin list!

#870 6 months ago
Quoted from PBSaltyKracker:

I’m still waiting on my premium as well. Not added to my collection yet. But check out this YouTube video of the venom fluid.

It is called Ferrofluid, there are tiny magnetic particles contained within the liquid as its viscosity is heavier than the particles, as the particles are attracted to a magnet they are unable to escape the fluid so the fluid appears to be pulled toward the magnet, its cool stuff.

I did try to make a version of this to go into my own game, I had vials with electromagnets at each end that could be triggered by coils in game and it worked perfectly, however trying to make the fluid react in a way that looked visually satisfying was almost impossible, sometimes it moved in strings (perfect look for venom) other times and more often than not it moved in blobs and rounded balls - like in the video you linked, it just doesn't look or move consistently enough to mimic the look of the symbiotes in the comics, movies etc so I scrapped the idea.

It is much easier and way better looking to just sculpt the symbiote instead, which will be the effect used on my Bell Tower mod, the symbiotes jumping out of the bell tower to get away from the noise will be sculpted to look like they are stuck to the playfield glass
IMG_7562 (resized).jpgIMG_7562 (resized).jpgimage-4 (resized).pngimage-4 (resized).png

#871 6 months ago

We are Venom!

IMG_1452 (resized).jpegIMG_1452 (resized).jpegIMG_1453 (resized).jpegIMG_1453 (resized).jpegIMG_1454 (resized).jpegIMG_1454 (resized).jpegIMG_1455 (resized).jpegIMG_1455 (resized).jpegIMG_1456 (resized).jpegIMG_1456 (resized).jpegIMG_1457 (resized).jpegIMG_1457 (resized).jpegIMG_1458 (resized).jpegIMG_1458 (resized).jpeg
#872 6 months ago
Quoted from Bos98:

We are Venom!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that premium is good looking, my favourite art package, the packed chaotic sides are awesome and the front art is stunning, wish the LE had that front decal instead of the two big heads of venom and carnage, the premium just looks like its wrapped in a comic strip, congrats dude!

#873 6 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Man that premium is good looking, my favourite art package, the packed chaotic sides are awesome and the front art is stunning, wish the LE had that front decal instead of the two big heads of venom and carnage, the premium just looks like its wrapped in a comic strip, congrats dude!

I am tempted to put a decal of venom over spiderman man for the side arm, then I'd be very happy! (too much spiderman in this world already)

#874 6 months ago

After the new cpu it fixed our "wrong country" error, but now after this latest update, our venom pro on route is getting reboots while people are playing. Anyone else experiencing this? Stern thinks it is a software bug.... but hopefully there is a fix/update pre launch parties....

#875 6 months ago

I’ve not seen the pro, but have Venom LE. IMO the additional mechanics and toys are on par with other premium pins from Stern.

The number of behind the scenes ball diverters, moving ramps, swinging targets and color changing lights are not skimpy.

Maybe it’s not as many big toys as Godzilla or SW premium but easily as much as DP or Maiden premium.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 6 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

After the new cpu it fixed our "wrong country" error, but now after this latest update, our venom pro on route is getting reboots while people are playing. Anyone else experiencing this? Stern thinks it is a software bug.... but hopefully there is a fix/update pre launch parties....

Lots of people seeing it apparently.

The pro I've been playing a bunch is basically resetting every single game at this point. A few exceptions here and there. Software related so hopefully it doesn't take too long to root it out.

#877 6 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Lots of people seeing it apparently.
The pro I've been playing a bunch is basically resetting every single game at this point. A few exceptions here and there. Software related so hopefully it doesn't take too long to root it out.

glad it isn't just me, I was worried it was another bad cpu vs software issue (like the jp update). Ya hopefully something for the weekend!

#878 6 months ago

Here's a great beginner guide.

I'ver played longer games but not got over 250M so I need to work on strategy.

#879 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Here's a great beginner guide.
I'ver played longer games but not got over 250M so I need to work on strategy.

Nice. Thanks for posting these. Give me something to study before my game arrives, ha.

#880 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Nice. Thanks for posting these. Give me something to study before my game arrives, ha.

Me too. Still another week before my LE is delivered, and I literally can't find anymore Venom content to absorb while I wait. I'm jonesin' so hard!

#881 6 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

glad it isn't just me, I was worried it was another bad cpu vs software issue (like the jp update). Ya hopefully something for the weekend!

I think someone posted earlier in the thread that stern should be pushing an update next week that fixes the resets.

#882 6 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think someone posted earlier in the thread that stern should be pushing an update next week that fixes the resets.

That sucks, launch parties start today, Oct 13th :/

#883 6 months ago

There should be an stdm one second ball save after you go right in the u-turn and the up post stops it on the premium. Sometimes you just can't get it you shouldn't get punished for making a shot.

#884 6 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

There should be an stdm one second ball save after you go right in the u-turn and the up post stops it on the premium. Sometimes you just can't get it you shouldn't get punished for making a shot.

I hear that, I use most my tilt warnings trying to stop the ball from dropping sdtm

#885 6 months ago

Just got my Venom Premium Delivered today. Really pumped to play this weekend. Just in time for our Halloween party next weekend.

#886 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m talking about once you battle Riot or Phage etc. if you defeat them it starts Grendel immediately.

This has not been my experience at all. Once you defeat the minor boss, Grendel is lit, but you still need to shoot the middle shot again to start the fight. And thereby can shoot the left ramp instead to change host (but might not be able to fight Grendel if that host's mini modes are incomplete).

#887 6 months ago

I was worried about this happening on the one I played on location, but it never did. However, I think a setting to toggle it on off would be really nice. And super easy to code in.

#888 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I like crossposting.

#889 6 months ago

I like crossposting.

frankenfurter_how 'bout that.giffrankenfurter_how 'bout that.gif
#890 6 months ago

Shout out to PinMonk for how good the Blue Royale washers look on the LE!

IMG_2651 (resized).jpegIMG_2651 (resized).jpeg
#891 6 months ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Shout out to PinMonk for how good the Blue Royale washers look on the LE!
[quoted image]

Looks great!

FYI, there's either some kind of protective coating or the venom bolts are not actual heat-created black oxide because on the one I had here, the black was soft enough that it marked up the nylon washers when I took the bolts off after a week when I was shipping it out, leaving a sticky black residue on the washer in sections. Doesn't HURT anything, I was just surprised since the normal steel bolts never did anything like that.

Then again, it could be a Venom theming detail with symbiote coming off the bolts.

#892 6 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I have an LE coming but don’t usually add to my collection until it’s in my game room and functional.

This is the way. Good man.

#893 6 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

This has not been my experience at all. Once you defeat the minor boss, Grendel is lit, but you still need to shoot the middle shot again to start the fight. And thereby can shoot the left ramp instead to change host (but might not be able to fight Grendel if that host's mini modes are incomplete).

OK, I think what happened is that I didn't notice the battle was over and had hit the center shot by reflex and rolled into the next battle by accident.

#894 6 months ago

I tell you I just got caught up on this thread since I have been in Vegas for the last 4 days and I am so excited to hear so many people loving it. My LE arrived on 10/4 and I did not get to set it up until 10/8 and on the second ball the sound went crazy and then stopped and now there is no sound except a clicking sound in the speakers. Stern is sending a new CPU board but I was told 2-3 weeks. Absolutely killing me!!! Keep posting stories so I can live vicariously through you all.

IMG_6687 (resized).jpegIMG_6687 (resized).jpegIMG_6688 (resized).jpegIMG_6688 (resized).jpegIMG_6689 (resized).jpegIMG_6689 (resized).jpeg
#895 6 months ago

My flyouts of the center u turn ramp are eliminated, thankyou old bally ball guide your sacrifice has not been in vein.

IMG_20231013_221041803 (resized).jpgIMG_20231013_221041803 (resized).jpgIMG_20231013_221051745 (resized).jpgIMG_20231013_221051745 (resized).jpgIMG_20231013_221057788 (resized).jpgIMG_20231013_221057788 (resized).jpg
#896 6 months ago

What's the "correct" flipper strength to set the game to if I plan on putting fans on my coils?

#897 6 months ago

My flyouts of the center u turn ramp are eliminated, thankyou old bally ball guide your sacrifice has not been in vein. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have to weld that on there?

#898 6 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Did you have to weld that on there?

Yes, a couple mig tacs is all.

#899 6 months ago

I was able to correct the random reset issue by swapping the Wi-Fi dongle from my Jurassic Park to Venom and putting a Wi-Fi signal booster in my pinball area. Reasons this may have worked- for some reason the Wi-Fi on my Jurassic Park worked better than all my other Stern games (7 insider connected games) so thinking that dongle was possibly a better one. With the insider connect and leveling up I’m thinking venom does more communication over the Internet, and if Internet gets interrupted possibly this causes resets? I also have a venom LE - so with a metal back box and mirrored glass may be the Wi-Fi signal is getting more shielded. So either I got lucky and my machine just stopped resetting for some reason – (and it was bad couldn’t play more than two - three games without a reset) . And now no resets at all after probably 30 to 40 games. No idea if I’m really correct on all of this but glad it worked. I let one of the tech guys at Stern know my experience.
If anybody else tries this and it works, it would be good to know.

#900 6 months ago
Quoted from Mbasler:

I tell you I just got caught up on this thread since I have been in Vegas for the last 4 days and I am so excited to hear so many people loving it. My LE arrived on 10/4 and I did not get to set it up until 10/8 and on the second ball the sound went crazy and then stopped and now there is no sound except a clicking sound in the speakers. Stern is sending a new CPU board but I was told 2-3 weeks. Absolutely killing me!!! Keep posting stories so I can live vicariously through you all.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it's the amplifier that died, you may be able to get around it with a headphone kit if you have one on hand. Even if you don't I imagine it could be in your hands in 3-4 days so you can have a shot at playing the game with sound until the CPU swap happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.99
Lighting - Other
FlipMods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,546 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/venom-stern-owner-s-club-choose-your-host-change-the-game/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.