Topic Stats

• 811 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by A_Bord
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240425_183254893 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8941 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8943 (resized).jpeg
    81sN2m9ffWL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    81WFkg1E-+L._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    20240108_113121 (resized).jpg
    20240108_083305 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3534 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9587 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    IMG_9586 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
    20231228_095339 (resized).jpg
    20231228_093608 (resized).jpg
    20231228_090313 (resized).jpg
    20231228_090054 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3274 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8061 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#517 6 years ago

Anyone have any experience with the Vevor brand (one of these popped up on local Craigslist):
    https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Commercial-Ultrasonic-Capacity-Solution/dp/B01HGN40SQ

If it's a better brand than Harbor Freight I may give it a go (despite fact that it's 2L vs 2.5L). But if comparable I'll probably stick with the HF unit. Thanks!

2 years later
    #570 4 years ago

Just pulled the trigger on a 6L Kendal knock-off ("Vevor" brand) on eBay. Price seemed right at $40, hopefully it'll work decently as I'm gearing up for my first playfield swap this fall.
    ebay.com link: 6L Ultrasonic Cleaner Stainless Steel Industry Heated Heater w Timer

Added over 5 years ago:

EDIT: Too good to be true, seller banned from eBay and they just refunded my money. Back in the hunt!

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Looks interesting, keep us posted as to how well it works.

Well this is a new one on me, eBay just emailed to say the seller was removed due to “concerns with his account.” I guess I’ll see if it ships or not, I’m not too concerned given the eBay/PayPal protections for buyers. But I may be back to hunting for an ultrasonic cleaner!

1 week later
    #581 4 years ago

I'm taking the plunge on a 6L ROVSUN (with control knobs instead of a digital control panel) from Amazon, $106 shipped after 5% coupon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G59ZYWJ/

There are a bunch of 6L ultrasonics on eBay in the $85-$90 range, but this was the cheapest I could find for a unit this size with knobs, which some reviewers seem to think improves reliability.

#588 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Just a FYI guys,
    Simple Green is corrosive. Apparently the innards of an orange is corrosive, while the skin is not. I've switched over to Mean Green which is safe. Probably not a big deal for nuts, bolts, etc., but if you happen to put wire in the cleaner, then I'd imagine there could be some residual cleaning fluid that gets under the insulation and is in there for good.
    HEP told me about this awhile ago in one of his threads. So to better safe than sorry, I switched.
    Link: https://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/pdfpubs/pdf06732319/pdf06732319dpi72.pdf[quoted image]

Do you know if HEP uses Mean Green? And does he use a standard ratio? Always happy to copy from a master.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultrasonic-cleaners?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.