Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Bay78
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My TZ had a Geneva Switch error, but the gumball machine was working fine. I replaced the switch anyway when I shopped out. The error message went away for a few plays, but is back. It's not that big of a deal because it plays fine, but it is a little annoying. Anyone else have this problem and a solution?

#2 11 years ago

Could be a few things. Gumball machine isn't triggering it, new switch may be bad. Or from the switch to the CPU you have a bad connection or broken wire.

You could check your switch matrix in your manual and see what row and column your switch is on then check other switches on the same row and column for breaks.

LTG

2 months later
#3 11 years ago

I had the same issue on my TZ and even though both wires were intact to the switch, one of them didn't feel right at the solder joint. Looking closer, one wire was only connected with a few strands. I re-soldered and the msg went away.

#4 11 years ago

I had that issue on my TZ and it was the alignment of the microswitch. Its kind of a pain but you could make sure the switch is working in test and if it is then keep playing with the alignment of the switch blade until the gumball mech activates it everytime. That is what worked for me. Hope that helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Clemente, CA
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
$ 22.50
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-gumball-geneva-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.