4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi all, can anyone help a newbie please? I have a TZ, everything was working perfectly, but the machine has not been used for a couple of years, and when I went to play it today, I got the message ‘ GUMBALL ERROR, CHECK GENEVA SWITCH’. Any idea what I should do, is the switch stuck from lack of use, where is it, how to release or check it etc, thank you

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Happy2play:

Hi all, can anyone help a newbie please? I have a TZ, everything was working perfectly, but the machine has not been used for a couple of years, and when I went to play it today, I got the message ‘ GUMBALL ERROR, CHECK GENEVA SWITCH’. Any idea what I should do, is the switch stuck from lack of use, where is it, how to release or check it etc, thank you

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-s-geneva-switch

#3 4 years ago

Had this issue a few months ago. The Geneva switch needed to be adjusted. Simple however getting to the switch to adjust it correctly is not simple. Had to remove the back board and loosen the ramps in order to remove the gum ball assembly. In order to remove the backboard off of the playfield you need remove the diverter mech to the gum ball that hides one of those screws attached the back board. If you don’t mind removing the ramp you don’t need to remove the backboard but either way a bitch to get to.

Once your gumball is out of the machine check the switch make sure it clicks when activated and adjust it so it initiates the click when the motor turns. If your not getting a solid click when the switch activates install a new switch. I was lucky and all I needed was to adjust the switch position and bend the wire a bit to get the switch working again.

Good luck with your quest. If anyone needs a spare gum ball assembly I have one that I would sell for $250 bought it on eBay 17 years ago don’t think I need it collecting dust anymore but it was nice to get a reference to look at before I made the decision to remove the current one.
    Regards
    Al

#4 4 years ago

Thank you for your advice and responses, much appreciated!

#5 4 years ago

Thank you to Deadlander too

#6 4 years ago

Are balls being loaded into the gumball machine and released from it ? If not then check the diverter that directs the ball to be loaded into it.

Or test the gumball machine in tests.

If it isn't getting loaded and unloaded, it would never trigger the geneva switch.

LTG : )

#7 4 years ago

Hello again - The balls are loaded into the machine, but nothing happens after, motor does not turn. Everything worked perfectly when last used 2 to 3 years ago

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Happy2play:

but nothing happens after, motor does not turn.

Did you try it in Tests - Gumball machine ?

Next, motor plugs onto a small board nearby under the playfield. Connectors all plugged in ? Power to motor ? Power to the board ?

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-geneva-switch-twilight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.