68 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“What Tron version do you most want to play or buy?”

• Tron Legacy VE, based on the original game 3 votes
    20%
  • Tron Legacy Ares Edition, similar to original game but new art and music 1 vote
    7%
  • Nothing with Leto on it 3 votes
    20%
  • Tron Ares cornerstone if Stern ever does one 3 votes
    20%
  • Tron Legacy Daft Punk Edition, more Daft, more Punk 0 votes
  • Tron the original movie, some sort of special release or anniversary limited edition 4 votes
    27%
  • Looking for a Tron LE, why mess with a good thing 1 vote
    7%
  • Looking for a Tron Pro, fully modded it's one of the best games out there 0 votes

(15 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside.8f4bba8be50886e0ac97cd2f767632179b495c16 (resized).jpeg
jared-leto-tron-ares (resized).jpg
the-director-of-tron-3-posted-a-teaser-poster-of-the-v0-mhuh7j5ysqsc1 (resized).jpeg
GKYPgeYXoAACi3s (resized).jpeg
ezgif-6-f0810f3cdd.gif
tron-ares-cambie-4 (resized).jpeg
tron-ares-cambie-92 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240316_173111 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-222437_Chrome (resized).jpg
tron-ares-edit7 (resized).jpeg
GIZ4zUxWAAAXSqO (resized).jpeg
update-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-yhhpmqu6n6nc1 (resized).jpg
update-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-swq0r998n6nc1 (resized).jpg
update-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-95fn09k3n6nc1 (resized).jpg
update-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-nnj1m02an6nc1 (resized).jpg
update-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-8pw3hwaxm6nc1 (resized).jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 68 days ago

Greetings, Program!

I’m starting a thread for the Tron: Ares movie to share info, leaks, and pics. It’ll be a hub for all movie-related updates and discussions. And how it could, one day, translate into a pinball!

I guess I'm just tired of chasing after leaks that are not coming! Looking forward to your contributions and insights.

Feel free to tweak it to fit the vibe. Happy posting!

Let the games begin!

MV5BODdlYzI2YWEtM2JhNy00Njc3LTljYTEtN2U2YWI3ZThlYzQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3OTUzNzY5._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BODdlYzI2YWEtM2JhNy00Njc3LTljYTEtN2U2YWI3ZThlYzQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3OTUzNzY5._V1_ (resized).jpg

Tron: Ares directed by Joachim Rønning, screenplay by Jesse Wigutow, produced by Jared Leto, Justin Springer and Emma Ludbrook.

The film stars Jared Leto, Evan Peters, Greta Lee, Jodie Turner-Smith, Cameron Monaghan, Sarah Desjardins and Gillian Anderson.

#2 68 days ago

Tidy bit of cool info.. cameras being used on Tron: Ares. I didn't know they actually made custom cameras when filming. I guess it's one of the many reasons budgets are so high!

for-any-camera-enthusiasts-tron-ares-will-be-shot-on-the-v0-fnustnf389ec1 (resized).jpegfor-any-camera-enthusiasts-tron-ares-will-be-shot-on-the-v0-fnustnf389ec1 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3 59 days ago

Something just released from Tron: Ares. Looks promising!
Lightlines_study_240228_HeroFinal_4x5HiRes_31b17a (resized).jpgLightlines_study_240228_HeroFinal_4x5HiRes_31b17a (resized).jpg

According to an official synopsis released by Disney on Thursday, "Tron: Ares follows a highly sophisticated Program, Ares, who is sent from the digital world into the real world on a dangerous mission, marking humankind’s first encounter with A.I. beings."

ChatGPT's revenge!

#4 59 days ago

Even Peter's is good but Leto is kind of scares me.

#5 59 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Even Peter's is good but Leto is kind of scares me.

It's got Gillian Anderson, that's good enough for me! But, yeah, kind of the last chance for Leto in a big production, imo..

#6 58 days ago

Getting excited for this one. Hope it’s good. Yeah I’m nervous about Leto too. And without Daft Punk, I have my reservations about this movie. I love Legacy, but this one has a big shoes to fill.

#7 58 days ago

No interest in it at all because of Leto.

#8 58 days ago

Zoom in on the pic, and the triangular data disc says "Dillinger". That's a good villain thread to be pulling on....

https://gizmodo.com/tron-ares-easter-egg-dillinger-spoiler-cillian-murphy-1851299427

Later,
EV

#9 58 days ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Zoom in on the pic, and the triangular data disc says "Dillinger". That's a good villain thread to be pulling on....
https://gizmodo.com/tron-ares-easter-egg-dillinger-spoiler-cillian-murphy-1851299427
Later,
EV

Now that's interesting. Do you think there's a chance they'll sneak Cillian Murphy in as the villain, or is he too busy polishing all his acting awards?

#10 58 days ago

Well, David Warner passed away ( RIP), so they can't use him.
Cillian may be too expensive.
Maybe have the baddie be Dillinger's daughter? Gillian Anderson is the right age...

Later,
EV

#11 58 days ago

Isn't she like 65 now?

Quoted from EchoVictor:Well, David Warner passed away ( RIP), so they can't use him.
Cillian may be too expensive.
Maybe have the baddie be Dillinger's daughter? Gillian Anderson is the right age...
Later,
EV

#12 58 days ago

Hopefully it's a good movie. The original was so innovative and the second was kind of a let down.

#13 58 days ago

I really liked the 2nd one. I guess I'm in the minority. I loved the 1st one as well.

Quoted from Garrett:Hopefully it's a good movie. The original was so innovative and the second was kind of a let down.

#14 58 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I really liked the 2nd one. I guess I'm in the minority. I loved the 1st one as well.

I was a huge fan of the original when it was new, I watched it again a few years ago and it didn't hold up for me. I do love Legacy, and I was bummed that it didn't do well enough to get a proper sequel in a timely manner.

Don't really have very high expectations for this 3rd one though.

#15 58 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

No interest in it at all because of Leto.

Sadly, I'm pretty much there myself. He crapped all over Blade Runner, they could have completely cut his weird cult ass out and it would have been fine.

#16 58 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I was a huge fan of the original when it was new, I watched it again a few years ago and it didn't hold up for me. I do love Legacy, and I was bummed that it didn't do well enough to get a proper sequel in a timely manner.
Don't really have very high expectations for this 3rd one though.

It did actually do quite well, and the merchandising was CRAZY successful for a 'smaller' movie. But Disney had just bought Star Wars and Marvel recently, and Tron got lost in the shuffle.

#17 58 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Isn't she like 65 now?

Per IMDB:

David Warner - born 1941

Gillian Anderson - born 1968

Cillian Murphy - born 1976

Math checks out...

Later,
EV

#18 58 days ago

So only 56.

Quoted from EchoVictor:Per IMDB:
David Warner - born 1941
Gillian Anderson - born 1968
Cillian Murphy - born 1976
Math checks out...
Later,
EV

#19 58 days ago
And looking great!

gillian-anderson-BAFTA-tout-2024-44c944d19b624821b6582b888dca9f74 (resized).jpggillian-anderson-BAFTA-tout-2024-44c944d19b624821b6582b888dca9f74 (resized).jpg
#20 58 days ago

Man, her in x files all the way to "the fall" or whatever that was called, absolutely.... But that pic is unflattering.

#21 58 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sadly, I'm pretty much there myself. He crapped all over Blade Runner, they could have completely cut his weird cult ass out and it would have been fine.

Blade Runner would make such a great pinball.. another topic alltogether! But Leto, yeah, scary..

#22 58 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Man, her in x files all the way to "the fall" or whatever that was called, absolutely.... But that pic is unflattering.

I think she was getting a BAFTA award, or something. But she's been getting great roles and doing a good job. In my book, she's bringing some much needed cred to Tron: Ares..

#23 58 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

According to an official synopsis released by Disney on Thursday, "Tron: Ares follows a highly sophisticated Program, Ares, who is sent from the digital world into the real world on a dangerous mission, marking humankind’s first encounter with A.I. beings."

Based on what little we know right now, my top three concerns about this movie are:

1. Jared Leto
2. Jared Leto
3. This synopsis makes it sound like they're turning the formula of the previous movies on its head, i.e. it's about a digital being traveling into the real world instead of vice versa.

"Hey, remember what everyone loved about the previous TRON movies (real people traveling into a cool digital world)? Let's do the opposite of that!"

1 week later
#24 47 days ago

Tron: Ares set in Vancouver, BC

update-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-8pw3hwaxm6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-8pw3hwaxm6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-95fn09k3n6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-95fn09k3n6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-nnj1m02an6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-nnj1m02an6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-swq0r998n6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-swq0r998n6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-yhhpmqu6n6nc1 (resized).jpgupdate-tron-ares-filming-in-downtown-vancouver-this-weekend-v0-yhhpmqu6n6nc1 (resized).jpg

GIZ4zUxWAAAXSqO (resized).jpegGIZ4zUxWAAAXSqO (resized).jpeg

#25 43 days ago

Filming in Vancouver, BC

tron-ares-edit7 (resized).jpegtron-ares-edit7 (resized).jpeg

Screenshot_20240315-222437_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240315-222437_Chrome (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20240316_173111 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240316_173111 (resized).jpg
#26 42 days ago
tron-ares-cambie-4 (resized).jpegtron-ares-cambie-4 (resized).jpegtron-ares-cambie-92 (resized).jpegtron-ares-cambie-92 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#27 22 days ago

Tron: Ares will hit theaters on October 10th, 2025.
ezgif-6-f0810f3cdd.gifezgif-6-f0810f3cdd.gif

GKYPgeYXoAACi3s (resized).jpegGKYPgeYXoAACi3s (resized).jpeg
#29 21 days ago

Those "lightcycles" are pretty underwhelming. Maybe the LED patches on them are just markers and they will be wholesale CGI replaced for the movie.

#30 21 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Those "lightcycles" are pretty underwhelming. Maybe the LED patches on them are just markers and they will be wholesale CGI replaced for the movie.

Yeah I'm guessing they'll be some special effects in the Tron movie Hell they might not even be in Canada is the movie?

#31 21 days ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Based on what little we know right now, my top three concerns about this movie are:
1. Jared Leto
2. Jared Leto
3. This synopsis makes it sound like they're turning the formula of the previous movies on its head, i.e. it's about a digital being traveling into the real world instead of vice versa.

Let’s add Joachim Rønning to that list. The other sequels he directed for Disney, Pirates of the Caribbean:Dead Men Tell No Tales and Maleficent:Mistress of Evil, were not very good.

#32 21 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I'm guessing they'll be some special effects in the Tron movie Hell they might not even be in Canada is the movie?

Yup, expect tons of cgi and probably a few new technologies when filming. Also, Vancouver is host to several movies and TV series because they have the crews, equipment and sets. Productions also enjoy government subsidies.

#33 21 days ago

My AI tells me:

Vancouver, also known as "Hollywood North," is a popular filming location for many high-profile movies and TV shows. Here's a list of some well-known productions that have been filmed in Vancouver and its surrounding areas:

Movies
Deadpool (2016)
The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)
Fifty Shades of Grey (2015)
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)
The Revenant (2015)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
Godzilla (2014)
Man of Steel (2013)
Night at the Museum (2006)
Star Trek Beyond (2016)
I, Robot (2004)
Tomorrowland (2015)
The Interview (2014)
Juno (2007)

TV Shows
Supernatural (2005-2020)
Arrow (2012-2020)
The Flash (2014-present)
Once Upon a Time (2011-2018)
Riverdale (2017-present)
The Good Doctor (2017-present)
A Series of Unfortunate Events (2017-2019)
The X-Files (1993-2018)
Smallville (2001-2011)
Psych (2006-2014)
Stargate SG-1 (1997-2007)
Bates Motel (2013-2017)
Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009)
Fringe (2008-2013)
Supergirl (2015-2021)
Charmed (2018-2022)

#34 21 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

...Also, Vancouver is host to several movies and TV series because they have the crews, equipment and sets. Productions also enjoy government subsidies.

Ha yeah we all remember Xfiles blazing the trail.

#35 21 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha yeah we all remember Xfiles blazing the trail.

Gillian Anderson in Tron: Ares, full (crop) circle..!

#36 19 days ago

Not sure it can top Tron Legacy imo but looking forward to it none the less.

#37 15 days ago

Different point of view about the upcoming movie in Giant Freakin Robot: "Tron Ares Is Doomed To Fail For So Many Reasons"

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/tron-ares-doomed-2.html

As much as the author wants the sequel to be successful, he writes that there’s a lot working against this thing. Namely:

1) Are We Forgetting About The Grid? Based on the current script, a lot of the movie won’t even take place in The Grid. Seems they don't really understands what fans love about the Tron franchise

2) Why Does It Have To Be Morbin Time? Jared Leto. Morbius. Enough said.

3) The Director Does Not Inspire He's made Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil. While not outright bad films, they’re not very good either.

4) No More Daft Punk. Tron Legacy had a banger soundtrack. But, we don’t even know who is doing the score for the film yet. And, as many Tron fans would agree, this is a crucial piece of the puzzle.

Now, I somewhat agree with what he's saying, but I'm still looking forward to see Tron Ares. I wish they'd brought back some of the original crew, maybe they will as some plot twist?

And Disney does have the $$$ power to convince the two robots to come back for one last collaboration.

Being hopefull!! In the meantime, I'll keep flipping my Tron Pro!

#38 15 days ago

What is everyone down on Leto? Is he some new evil bad guy that the world is cancelling or ?

#39 15 days ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

1. Jared Leto
2. Jared Leto
"Hey, remember what everyone loved about the previous TRON movies (real people traveling into a cool digital world)? Let's do the opposite of that!"

LOL Now these are MY top 3 concerns too

It feels way too much like Matrix 3, and we all know how that went... hopefully they come up with some better stories than that. The only redeeming part of that ENTIRE movie was the last 15 minutes

#40 15 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

What is everyone down on Leto? Is he some new evil bad guy that the world is cancelling or ?

I just find him distracting in EVERY movie. He's not really acting, he's just playing himself, and that is REALLY creepy. He gets put into movies where they want to be 'edgy' and 'mysterious' and he just comes off like a huge DB

#41 15 days ago

I certainly see that in his Joker character where everyone hated him, but what about things like lord or war, dallas buyers club, requiem, or in his wework limited run? Also, whether it's "him" he's playing or if he's acting like everyone else in the world, he was fairly solid in the little things as well I think.I just don't hate him like everyone else seems to and I still don't get it, but it is what it is.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:I just find him distracting in EVERY movie. He's not really acting, he's just playing himself, and that is REALLY creepy. He gets put into movies where they want to be 'edgy' and 'mysterious' and he just comes off like a huge DB

#42 15 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I certainly see that in his Joker character where everyone hated him, but what about things like lord or war, dallas buyers club, requiem, or in his wework limited run? Also, whether it's "him" he's playing or if he's acting like everyone else in the world, he was fairly solid in the little things as well I think.I just don't hate him like everyone else seems to and I still don't get it, but it is what it is.

I don’t think he’s a bad actor or anything - Dallas buyer’s, Requiem (shudder) were all great performances, but I haven’t seen him do anything like that in quite a while. The reputation precedes him at this point (for me, I guess)

#43 15 days ago

I thought his Joker was awesome; I'm the only one apparently though.

#44 15 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought his Joker was awesome; I'm the only one apparently though.

Don't think you're the only one! Myself, it's Heath Ledger or Joaquin Phoenix. Thou I could only watch The Joker once. When I saw it, I just stared at the movie screen after the credits. Very powerful movie and acting.

#45 9 days ago
the-director-of-tron-3-posted-a-teaser-poster-of-the-v0-mhuh7j5ysqsc1 (resized).jpegthe-director-of-tron-3-posted-a-teaser-poster-of-the-v0-mhuh7j5ysqsc1 (resized).jpeg
#47 8 days ago

So they are following through with the bad idea at the end of the movie that the programs would attack the real world? My assumption, since the sequel has been in limbo for so long, was that it's impossible to make that script work.

Having said that, I've loved every Tron so far.

#48 8 days ago

The leaving the grid thing just really kills any interest in this. The world of the Grid is what sold the previous films to me.

Quoted from jrcmlc:

His creepy cult he runs with under age girls is kind of a big problem. Many in Hollywood calling him out as a creep and an asshole hasn't helped.

As well as just he is movie poison, he's in one stinker after another, and no one understands how he keeps getting major roles when he's in flop after flop. And he's just not a good actor.

#49 8 days ago

Ok so leto has a cult now. Good to know.

#50 8 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The leaving the grid thing just really kills any interest in this. The world of the Grid is what sold the previous films to me.

His creepy cult he runs with under age girls is kind of a big problem. Many in Hollywood calling him out as a creep and an asshole hasn't helped.
As well as just he is movie poison, he's in one stinker after another, and no one understands how he keeps getting major roles when he's in flop after flop. And he's just not a good actor.

Thanks for your positive and uplifting take on the situation. You must brighten every room you enter.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ares-all-information-leaks-and-pictures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.