4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“What Tron version do you most want to play or buy?”

• Tron Legacy VE, based on the original game 3 votes
    16%
  • Tron Legacy Ares Edition, similar to original game but new art and music 1 vote
    5%
  • Nothing with Leto on it 4 votes
    21%
  • Tron Ares cornerstone if Stern ever does one 3 votes
    16%
  • Tron Legacy Daft Punk Edition, more Daft, more Punk 1 vote
    5%
  • Tron the original movie, some sort of special release or anniversary limited edition 5 votes
    26%
  • Looking for a Tron LE, why mess with a good thing 2 votes
    11%
  • Looking for a Tron Pro, fully modded it's one of the best games out there 0 votes

(19 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240506_155446 (resized).jpg
tron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-ufl5v0wnsuyc1 (resized).jpg
tron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-6ib9c0wnsuyc1 (resized).jpg
tron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-b4xwolwnsuyc1 (resized).jpg
tron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-d3q456wnsuyc1 (resized).jpg
GM6r7KUWQAA0NKu (resized).jpeg
tron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-uha21mwnsuyc1 (resized).jpg
tron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-sla4ipwnsuyc1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240430_015706.jpg
166016.gif
pinside.8f4bba8be50886e0ac97cd2f767632179b495c16 (resized).jpeg
jared-leto-tron-ares (resized).jpg
the-director-of-tron-3-posted-a-teaser-poster-of-the-v0-mhuh7j5ysqsc1 (resized).jpeg
GKYPgeYXoAACi3s (resized).jpeg
ezgif-6-f0810f3cdd.gif
tron-ares-cambie-4 (resized).jpeg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 84 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

That is binary for flop.

lol, Leto already looks like some upcoming Disney figurine! I'm still looking forward to the flick, you know I'm a big sci-fi buff! We'll go watch it together in IMAX

jared-leto-tron-ares (resized).jpgjared-leto-tron-ares (resized).jpg
#52 84 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

pinside.8f4bba8be50886e0ac97cd2f767632179b495c16 (resized).jpegpinside.8f4bba8be50886e0ac97cd2f767632179b495c16 (resized).jpeg

Is that how much money it's going to make at the box office?

Kidding, kidding! I really really want this to be good, but every new set photo I see only lowers my hopes.

1 week later
#53 75 days ago

BIG NEWS FROM JEFF BRIDGES!

https://theplaylist.net/tron-ares-jeff-bridges-reveals-hell-appear-in-third-film-says-old-man-season-2-is-done-shooting-20240429/

"I’m heading off this Saturday to play a part in the third installment of the ‘Tron’ story; I’m excited about that,” he revealed on the Film Comment podcast. “It’s wild. Jared Leto is the star of this third one, and I’m really anxious to work with him, and I’ve admired his work.”

“[I’m really excited] to see what the technology is going to be all about [this time],” Bridges added, a recurring theme throughout the interview.

Bridges appeared in “Tron: Legacy,” directed by Joseph Kosinski, and said while the technology was constantly changing, he didn’t know what to expect. He also noted that he didn’t love how his de-aging looked in that movie.

“When I did ‘Tron 2,’ ‘Tron Legacy,’ we had to put all these dots on our face and all these kinds of things,” Bridges explained of the motion capture technology used at the time. “And that’s [probably] all passé. I had to see myself as a young guy or as another character, but the same guy, but it was gonna be digitally created. I think it was [de-aging], but I didn’t like the way I looked in it; I felt like I looked more like Bill Maher than myself; it was kind of bizarre [laughs].”

While he hasn’t been apprised about the new tech, Bridges said “Tron: Ares” filmmaker Joachim Rønning (“Kon Tiki,” “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil”) would potentially use a lot less CGI and, instead, more practical sets.

“I’m anxious to see what the technology and what it will be. I hear there’s even less A.I. stuff in this. It’s going to be more a practical set, and they’re beautiful; there are beautiful sets that I’ve seen.”

#54 75 days ago

Awesome news. Sounds like a small role, a cameo of sorts. But good to have him. Wish other members were also instructed.

#55 75 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Awesome news. Sounds like a small role, a cameo of sorts. But good to have him. Wish other members were also instructed.

166016.gif166016.gif
#56 75 days ago

(flop is actually 01100110011011000110111101110000)

#57 74 days ago

The man himself reading his Tron: Ares copy of the script! To the Grid again, and back!

Screenshot_20240430_015706.jpgScreenshot_20240430_015706.jpg
1 week later
#58 68 days ago

Vancouver movie shoot is a wrap-up! Some images with blurred content shared by the director. The production is moving along to CGI I figure. I'm still not convinced where this thing is headed, but I'm willing to wait!

GM6r7KUWQAA0NKu (resized).jpegGM6r7KUWQAA0NKu (resized).jpegtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-6ib9c0wnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-6ib9c0wnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-b4xwolwnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-b4xwolwnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-d3q456wnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-d3q456wnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-sla4ipwnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-sla4ipwnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-uha21mwnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-uha21mwnsuyc1 (resized).jpg

tron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-ufl5v0wnsuyc1 (resized).jpgtron-ares-director-joachim-rønning-has-posted-some-behind-v0-ufl5v0wnsuyc1 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20240506_155446 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240506_155446 (resized).jpg
#59 61 days ago

Tron original theatrical trailer (1982)

Tron: Legacy theatrical trailer (2010)

Up next, Tron: Ares theatrical trailer (2025)
It will then be 43 years The Grid has been opened, Programs!

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.