IMG_5211 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2532 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5781 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5782 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 71.
#1151 9 months ago

Daily Bugle mystery scoop.

This shot is how you start the final wizard mode (Klyntar MB) too.

IMG_4139 (resized).jpegIMG_4139 (resized).jpeg

#1152 9 months ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Three different Venom ramp positions. Deep diving into these mechs now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does this pop up post hold a ball captive tgen you can knock it out the other side ?

IMG_7919 (resized).jpegIMG_7919 (resized).jpeg
#1153 9 months ago

It’s nice to see there’s still a lot of venom in the Venom thread.

#1154 9 months ago

#1155 9 months ago

Doppelganger sculpt with hanging targets
[quoted image]

Congrats on getting your dream theme Hadi. I know you were already sold but are you happy with what we've seen so far? Do you have any favorite (or least favorite) parts of the playfield?

#1156 9 months ago

Sneaky hideout gobble hole for your super secret skillshot and 4x bonus multiplier!

IMG_4140 (resized).jpegIMG_4140 (resized).jpeg
#1157 9 months ago

Sneaky hideout gobble hole for your super secret skillshot and 4x bonus multiplier!
[quoted image]

Nice find Hadi

#1158 9 months ago
Quoted from reffob:

Congrats on getting your dream theme Hadi. I know you were already sold but are you happy with what we've seen so far? Do you have any favorite (or least favorite) parts of the playfield?

Very happy. I do have things I would have done “differently” but I’ll be on tomorrow night on Flip N Out with Friends on YouTube at 9pm CST with Joel, George, and Mike to discuss them

#1159 9 months ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

90's era (ie BEFORE computer color) Venom was the Licensors direction - and one that I loved and think has a broader appeal (selfishly I think of the children)...
So, here's my suggestion... Don't change your balls or clean your playfield!!! Soon you will have your grit!
Also - I DARE you to find green on this playfield outside of Venom's drool & Lasher. (Green is a primary color I'm told)...
This game was a labor of love - I apologies to the folks who wanted desaturated color and lots of black. Never my intent to fail anyone here.
Ignore my stuff an just play the game the Dwight & Brian absolutely made very special! /end pinside peeking

I for one was a little worried that this game would look too dark and gritty. I'm soooo glad Stern didn't go that way. I'm not the biggest fan of BE's designs, but for me, your art 100% makes this game. If you could do the artwork for every game Stern puts out, I would be super happy with that. Keep up the great work!

#1160 9 months ago

We have pops!

IMG_4141 (resized).jpegIMG_4141 (resized).jpeg
#1161 9 months ago

Left and right locks for your (up to) 6 ball Mayhem MB.

IMG_4142 (resized).jpegIMG_4142 (resized).jpegIMG_4143 (resized).jpegIMG_4143 (resized).jpeg

#1162 9 months ago

Very happy. I do have things I would have done “differently” but I’ll be on tomorrow night on Flip N Out with Friends on YouTube at 9pm CST with Joel, George, and Mike to discuss them

Oh hell yeah can't wait to see you guys discuss this. Your enthusiasm for this one has been infectious I must say. Congrats again I think it looks great, I am a fan of Eddy's fans and this looks really fun.

#1163 9 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

This is literally the exact opposite of what I'm saying. If I buy a 10K game, I want MORE SUPPORT FOR IT, not less. That's what DLC is - more support for the thing you bought. Anyone who thinks that support is free, is either naive or entitled, or both. A whole new software suite for a 10K machine is probably gonna be $500-$1000. Heck, people are paying $1000 for shitty plastic and ONE mode. All I want is software, which is the most economical way to extend the life of a pinball machine.

Actually, it's persistent gaming experiences, like what Dwight and the team are doing with Venom, that will drive people to play again and again. When I lose 3 balls in deadpool, it's over. When I lose 3 balls in Venom, my game is over, but my experience points and progression is saved to my account, incentivizing me to continue playing.

I'm sorry, learning from the industry that made $183 billion last year is a bad idea?
Let me say it loud and clear for all y'all in the back
PINBALL IS A GAME, AND APPEALING TO MODERN GAMERS IS HOW THE HOBBY WILL GROW
Oppositely, ignoring the most popular gaming trends in the history of humanity (your idea) is EXACTLY how the hobby will die.

You drive a BMW? Pay monthly for your heated seats (probably in lieu of turn signals )

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/12/23204950/bmw-subscriptions-microtransactions-heated-seats-feature

#1164 9 months ago

Bell Tower target for Bell Tower Frenzy!

I love this addition.

IMG_4144 (resized).jpegIMG_4144 (resized).jpegIMG_4145 (resized).jpegIMG_4145 (resized).jpeg
#1165 9 months ago

Three different Venom ramp positions. Deep diving into these mechs now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Position 1 is the 180 shot, position 2 is a quick ball lock, where do we think position 3 goes?

#1166 9 months ago

Sorry I know you've probably been asked this a million times but if someone wanted to get into the Venom comic universe where would you suggest they start?

#1167 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The movies were PG-13 lol

At least there was some funny humor and swearing in the movies. Hoping for some good venom taunting call outs and banter towards the player.

#1168 9 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

This is literally the exact opposite of what I'm saying. If I buy a 10K game, I want MORE SUPPORT FOR IT, not less. That's what DLC is - more support for the thing you bought. Anyone who thinks that support is free, is either naive or entitled, or both. A whole new software suite for a 10K machine is probably gonna be $500-$1000. Heck, people are paying $1000 for shitty plastic and ONE mode. All I want is software, which is the most economical way to extend the life of a pinball machine.

I think a good example of this is Golden Tee. Owners pay $100's of dollars every year to keep their golf game updated with new courses to play.
Could I see this concept in a pin someday...?? Yes I can.

#1169 9 months ago
Quoted from reffob:

Sorry I know you've probably been asked this a million times but if someone wanted to get into the Venom comic universe where would you suggest they start?

Definitely the Marvel Unlimited digital subscription and Amazing Spider-Man #252 and "300" to get the introduction .

#1170 9 months ago
Quoted from reffob:

Secret wars comic book series, followed by asm# 300

#1171 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Position 1 is the 180 shot, position 2 is a quick ball lock, where do we think position 3 goes?

subway to the VUK? I also assume that's where the skill shot hole goes

#1172 9 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

I think a good example of this is Golden Tee. Owners pay $100's of dollars every year to keep their golf game updated with new courses to play.

But you can drastically update a video game as it’s just software. Hard to change the physical features/shots of a pinball machine, though it appears they’re trying

#1173 9 months ago

Doesn’t sound like the LEs are selling out instantly.

That’s not a bad thing, and in fact it’s more normal. I was able to buy both STLE and AFM LE months after they were released. Way pre Covid and less fomo back then.

#1174 9 months ago

Definitely the Marvel Unlimited digital subscription and Amazing Spider-Man #252 and "300" to get the introduction .

Quoted from Meadows22:

Secret wars comic book series, followed by asm# 300

Awesome thank you both!

#1175 9 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

For the love of god please don't allow it to venture into the Buck Hunter model of the cost of a liver for an unlocked, home edition vs a left kidney plus $$$ a month to play for the standard edition with all features unlocked.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1176 9 months ago

Scream is a VIDEO MODE.
Hell yeah!

Unless they promise it and then remove it at the very end without coding it, like Stranger Things.

But I trust Dwight to get it done. Dwight>>>>Lonnie.

Dwight's involvement also means a chance for an amazing Midnight Madness. Munsters was a sad game due to limits placed on Dwight by management, but it has the best Midnight Madness mode theme integration he ever achieved.

#1177 9 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Actually, it's persistent gaming experiences, like what Dwight and the team are doing with Venom, that will drive people to play again and again. When I lose 3 balls in deadpool, it's over. When I lose 3 balls in Venom, my game is over, but my experience points and progression is saved to my account, incentivizing me to continue playing.

I'm sorry, learning from the industry that made $183 billion last year is a bad idea?
Let me say it loud and clear for all y'all in the back
PINBALL IS A GAME, AND APPEALING TO MODERN GAMERS IS HOW THE HOBBY WILL GROW
Oppositely, ignoring the most popular gaming trends in the history of humanity (your idea) is EXACTLY how the hobby will die.

Anyone who thinks content = support is incorrect.

And if pinball needed to appeal to modern gamers then why have the last handful of themes been....Godzilla, Foo Fighters, Godfather, Rush, etc. Those don't seem like modern gaming themes. They're appealing to PEOPLE WITH MONEY. Hey look I can use capslock too, cool.

"Ignoring the most popular gaming trends" like what exactly? Tricking kids into spending extra money?

#1178 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Doesn’t sound like the LEs are selling out instantly.
That’s not a bad thing, and in fact it’s more normal. I was able to buy both STLE and AFM LE months after they were released.

Instant sellouts are finished at this price point. The final test was Foo Fighters. People thought they could make a quick buck and grabbed it, and you started seeing them back up on the market within weeks

I agree it’s not a bad thing

#1179 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

What's the lifespan of this mech?
[quoted image]

yeah I was wondering about that - can't imagine that circuit board will be like that at launch, couple of well placed airballs and its curtains for it.

#1180 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Instant sellouts are finished at this price point. The final test was Foo Fighters. People thought they could make a quick buck and grabbed it, and you started seeing them back up on the market within weeks

Anytime investors enter a hobby it hurts those that are in it for the fun and enjoyment. It's definitely a good thing.

#1181 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I think position 3 opens up the shot for a horseshoe (similar to what's on the Pro)
In position 2 is there a switch or sensor that allows the ball to be used like a captive ball or does it just hold the ball momentarily and drop it?

On the right side it looks like there is 2 positions.
I think position 1 allows the shot to be open for the horseshoe. Position 2 is the small ramp that deposits the ball into a hole I think. -which then gets kicked into the VUK and returned to the right flipper?

For the swing-out Spidey targets I assume on the Pro that those shots will just be simulated by the playfield shots behind them?

In comparing the Pro and Premium at least on the surface it looks like the biggest things the Pro is missing is the inverted ramp and the swinging targets. I'm not sure that the little pop up post or that little pop down ramp on the far right really improve the way the game plays besides slowing the game play down? I think the biggest thing the swing out targets add is just some extra chaos and randomness since the ball seems to deflect and move the ball off course. On the Pro I don't know if there are enough shots to cause any side to side motion in the game and my guess is that the Premium will have shorter ball times because there is more randomness. (which is a good thing).

#1182 9 months ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

Anytime investors enter a hobby it hurts those that are in it for the fun and enjoyment. It's definitely a good thing.

Wasn't totally investors though. The mentality many people had was "I'll buy it, and if I don't like it, I can easily sell it and make a profit". Many felt there was no risk in buying these expensive pins for a couple years and saw them as easy money. Make a little profit, buy the next thing, sell, buy, sell buy. Folks are gonna learn that it's not sustainable

#1183 9 months ago

Venom left target

IMG_4146 (resized).jpegIMG_4146 (resized).jpeg
#1184 9 months ago

Venom left target
[quoted image]

so much left!

#1185 9 months ago

Left ramp
Carnage VARI TARGET
Center ramp

IMG_4147 (resized).jpegIMG_4147 (resized).jpeg
#1186 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Look at CC remake LE and those were reasonably priced. I must’ve seen a dozen NIBs once they finally shipped, everyone doesn’t want the game they just want to make a few hundred profit.

#1187 9 months ago

Here’s the right horseshoe again behind the mystery scoop.

Also, I found Scream hiding to the left of the pops

IMG_4149 (resized).jpegIMG_4149 (resized).jpegIMG_4150 (resized).jpegIMG_4150 (resized).jpeg

#1188 9 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Sooooo... you can save progress and continue your game? Sounds cool on the surface but basically blows the three ball game off the table, like an infinite ball save.

I assume it will have a special high score table like the B/W buy-in games. Not much difference

#1189 9 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

I believe it's $10 / month or $100 for a yearly sub, which adds more courses, online play, customization options, etc. I'd pay a sub that added online vs. modes for Godzilla or more episodes for TMNT.

Quoted from mbl1116:

But you can drastically update a video game as it’s just software. Hard to change the physical features/shots of a pinball machine, though it appears they’re trying

I know what you're saying, but delete the software on your Jurassic Park premium and let me know what happens.

Pinball, especially in the last 10 years, has become a game driven by its software. There's no reason to shoot the truck in JP without software. Nothing moves the Trex without software. There's literally nothing to do without software. People can say all they want that it's a "ball and bat game", but unless you prefer EMs, you prefer complex software game rules with a heaping helping of physical pinball. Like, even the most die-hard people will get bored in 2 minutes if there is no REASON to shoot ramps and rip spinners. Software gives you that reason.

Quoted from Molon_Labe:

For the love of god please don't allow it to venture into the Buck Hunter model of the cost of a liver for an unlocked, home edition vs a left kidney plus $$$ a month to play for the standard edition.

I was just looking into this, and there are Big Buck Hunter Offline models for people who don't want that feature. Kinda like buying an ipad without the cellular option.

#1190 9 months ago

Here’s the right horseshoe again behind the mystery scoop.
Also, I found Scream hiding to the left of the pops
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there 1 or 2 pops ? Doesn’t look like room for 3 .

#1191 9 months ago

I’ve been waiting for an excuse to paint up a Venomised Wolverine, thank you Stern!

9226B11D-11FC-4E70-9653-B1097421FF05 (resized).jpeg9226B11D-11FC-4E70-9653-B1097421FF05 (resized).jpeg

#1192 9 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is there 1 or 2 pops ? Doesn’t look like room for 3 .

2 according to the feature matrix, someone mentioned it earlier.

#1193 9 months ago

Venom left target
[quoted image]

I wonder if that registers a DP snkt-style shot with the ramp?

#1194 9 months ago

Earn your unlocks and heroes here and gives the pin more replayability.

Every time you beat the final boss Knull, you can unlock one more host out of three; Hulk, Wolverine, and Captain America.

#1195 9 months ago

I wish I could create an owners’ club thread right now with all the lore and these pics.

I’m too amped.

#1196 9 months ago

Every time you beat the final boss Knull, you can unlock one more host out of three; Hulk, Wolverine, and Captain America.

It is a great idea, especially went the variable difficult/exp point system it makes completing the game regardless of how you accomplish it, worth doing over and over again, compared to what we have come to expect with a game ending or resetting after the final wizard mode.

Great idea Dwight, feels like the natural progression he's ben on from SW, TMNT to Mando.

#1197 9 months ago

If they lock this stuff behind beating the game's wizard, then it really seems pointless. It's gonna basically leave out majority of the playerbase when this is a feature that should be enticing to all players of all levels and interest. "hey keep playing, you unlock stuff"

#1198 9 months ago

Has the team play been done before ? I’ve only played TMNT at league .

IMG_7924 (resized).pngIMG_7924 (resized).png
#1199 9 months ago

If they lock this stuff behind beating the game's wizard, then it really seems pointless. It's gonna basically leave out majority of the playerbase when this is a feature that should be enticing to all players of all levels and interest. "hey keep playing, you unlock stuff"

Hopefully allowing you to save your progress over time will make it easier for everyone like any RPG where you can get “overleveled.”

#1200 9 months ago

I believe this is where “saving progression” could come into play, otherwise i agree

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 26.50
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 169.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 549.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 3,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 71.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-venom-hype-thread-symboits-welcome/page/24?hl=jwp72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.