Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,550 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

f065c571-4d48-42b0-bb09-3c0eba12b3f0_e45adf5f6bc0c5c2a30a39868f44eab6 (resized).jpg
    19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Question for other operators. I was just notified by my landlord that the 'mall' will be entirely closed as part of the state ordered shut-down. In such circumstances, should the landlord expect to continue to receive rent payments from their tenants/merchants during the time the mall is closed?

This is not a question other operators can answer. It’s a question that should be in your rental contract or your landlord can answer.

Common sense says if you’re not permitted to use the facilities for their intended purpose you shouldn’t have to pay for them but we’re in uncharted territory for many contracts. If you can’t come to an agreement with your landlord consulting your attorney is next.

1 week later
    #388 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

All had tested positive for the coronavirus and had gone into cardiac arrest. All eventually died.

No good solutions. Do you want millions to die sooner than they otherwise would or tens of millions living in poverty for the next generation or two?

#435 4 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

15% of all patients need to be hospitalized.

To be clear, are you considering every case to be a patient or only those that go to a medical professional?

#440 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I went from closed for 10 days, before that was over increased to almost 7 weeks. And don't know if that will be increased.

I’ll be surprised if it’s less than a year before bars and restaurants are allowed to open again.

1 week later
    #467 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

3 Days of Darkness

It’s nonsense in the same vein that every astrologer puts out. Vague enough they’ll claim hits on stuff that’s close and say the other stuff hasn’t happened yet but it will. Just need a few more sessions and it will become clear.

Look up unfalsifiable proposition.

The time to believe something is AFTER sufficient evidence is presented. Every grifter in the world tries to convince their marks otherwise.

#494 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

Applied for SBA, nothing. Trying to apply for PPP with big bank and strung along, big fail. All other small banks in area only taking apps from existing customers. Moving to small bank after stuff gets back to normal. Not approved for any grants through state. Big frustrating fail overall.

Let your politicians know. The banks will be telling them everything is fine. Feedback from the people they work for has value.

1 week later
    #531 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

require every guest to wash their hands ... UPON EXITING...

You can ask guests to do something before leaving but you can't enforce it. You can't imprison them and your remedy of refusing service is moot on the way out. Blacklist them? Are you identifying every patron so you know who to ban? Facial recognition maybe?

Might as well just close the place at that point, there won't be enough patrons willing to subject themselves to that level of scrutiny.

#536 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

House rules. Take it or leave it.
    Americans don’t like being told what to do, but compromise means occasionally taking one for the team.
    If it’s for the greater good, that’s how we roll.
    People want assurances of their safety.
    Which is more important? Protecting our guests with a little extra hassle, or upholding someone’s right to remain filthy and endanger themselves and others?
    If the latter is someone’s persuasion, we don’t need their business right now.
    House rules. Take it or leave it.

I understand your proposed rule. When I’m on the way out and leave without washing what exactly can you do?
    Ban from future visits? How will you track who to ban?
    Your proposal reminds me of the exit guardians at Wal-Mart that I walk past with a “No thanks” while some others stand in line for inspection.

#552 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

upright plastic partition between game’s quality as distancing? Kind of like the stores and post office use now?

I’m envisioning a sort of open alcove in front of every game. The lexan barriers could maybe attach to something like the 8020 racks people have built for mobile streaming rigs.

#555 4 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

We can’t survive at 50% occupancy.

Most venues will have to deal with this. It really means a whole new evaluation of your business plan. It's simply not possible to get the same amount of revenue from fewer people. Almost every revenue number will change. Places that were viable at the old normal may not be viable at the new normal. Will the bankers, landlords, and other creditors be willing to renegotiate without government intervention?

The economic fallout will be far reaching. Equipment vendors that used to recoup the cost in three years may not survive if it now takes five years.

#576 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I was told there is no way and conventional methods of eviction would commence once I am 10 days late.

Your local politicians may be of some use. The Morgantown courts are closed until April 30th and probably won't be prioritizing evictions right away. https://www.morgantownwv.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=413

#615 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tickerguy:

Odds are very good there will NEVER be a vaccine.
    Odds are also very good that immunity wanes.

Why? This is a coronavirus. If you don't understand why the above two statements are, with a very high degree of certainty, true then you need to do some actual scientific research on these viruses.

Please cite your source for this because it doesn't match what the scientists working on vaccines appear to be aware of.
    https://time.com/5790545/first-covid-19-vaccine/
    https://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-exactly-where-were-at-with-vaccines-and-treatments-for-covid-19

#643 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Most people don't make decisions on where they spend their time because it's cheap, they make the decision because it's fun.

Almost everyone considers the value proposition when determining where to spend their entertainment dollars. I stopped playing at Pinballz Arcade when they raised the price of pins by 33%.

If I can afford three hours a week at venue A or eight hours a week at venue B, I’m going to venue B more often.

#662 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

concerns me more here is less IFPA tournaments (though I know that is important to some people and get it). I worry more about our pinball leagues

A league can be IFPA sanctioned too. It's just a tournament that takes several sessions. Players earn WPPRs at any sanctioned event.

The IFPA people will put some thought into it and come up with appropriate changes.

#704 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

vertical plastic sheeting trend is awful. It traps airflow ...

The answer will be certified air filtration and high fresh airflow.

Part of the point is minimizing airflow between people. How best to do that while removing any airborne virus that is hanging around is a problem many facility engineers will be working on. For a while, every solution they come up with will be obsolete due to new information about how covid-19 acts.

The public perception will be most valuable in the short term. Just convince people YOUR solution is adequate. With that in mind maybe some consistent messaging via chamber of commerce or press releases might be beneficial.

1 week later
    #771 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Masks and respirators with vents (exhaust ports) do nothing to filter exhaled air.

While true, I’ve yet to see anyone wearing a mask with a seal good enough to filter exhaled air. Even a full-blown military issue gas mask doesn’t filter the exhaust.

Maybe an underserved market for an enterprising capitalist.

#773 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

a mask does nothing right? The virus is so much smaller than the holes in the mask

You misunderstand the purpose of the mask. It's to filter DROPLETS that may contain the virus.

Here is a scientific study from 2013 that suggests even simple surgical masks are helpful.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3591312/

#784 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

When indoors, establishing negative air pressure is more important than everyone wearing a mask.

Do you have the data on that Nic? You're the only person I've heard mention it.

#794 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Only anecdotal evidence from cases of proven transmission, but in every case stagnant shared air was the culprit.
    The Chinese restaurant, the two choir groups, the sports arenas... what did they have in common? Lots of rebreathing.
    It doesn’t seem like rocket science to draw this conclusion. Especially with the skepticism of mask usage riding so high. Truth be told, common masks don’t filter virus particles and only slow the spread of COVID... not stop it.
    Fresh airflow is the big broom. We should use it.
    I hate operating in the dark. Our administration and media should be doing a lot more to help us with mitigation strategies instead of pointing out casualties and wishful thinking about going back to normal.

Recent NY Times article seems to support your idea. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/15/us/coronavirus-what-to-do-outside.html

Public perception will be key. How best to convince people it's safe to come out again. List of precautions your establishment has taken posted at the entrance maybe? Multi-pronged marketing campaign utilizing press releases, local TV reporting at various locations, politicians describing local guidelines?

1 month later
    #922 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

blowing it around (in my opinion) simply distributes the contamination

Distributing it over a larger area will also lower the density. So you would have to touch more surface to get the same viral load.

I’ve seen no data on NicoVolta ’s approach but I’m with him on the general idea.

#942 3 years ago

I stopped by Pinballz about 8 pm Friday night. There were about ten people there. Normal I would guess is about a hundred. I stopped to say hello to a couple people and left after a few minutes.

Until a low cost vaccine is available I’m staying home as much as possible.

1 month later
    #1055 3 years ago
    Quoted from PBFan:

the lack of a cohesive message with clear direction (in the US) is not helping to create the perception of a safe environment overall.

Definitive information on what is “safe” does not yet exist. This coronavirus is new to humans. Best practices are currently a moving target. And even if a provider has best practices the public at large hasn’t been convinced they work, nor are they able to make an accurate assessment of the risk profile.

Science takes time to provide accurate information. It’s coming, but I don’t expect a return to past societal norms. There will be a new normal and no one yet knows what that will look like.

2 weeks later
    #1101 3 years ago

I wonder if illuminating the air filter on the air conditioners with UV light might kill any covid that got trapped in the filter?

#1133 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

HVAC system that just recirculates the air

HVAC systems around here have filters. Those do the same thing a mask is supposed to do- filter out particulate from air that passes through it.

1 month later
    #1227 3 years ago

Safe is subjective. I think anywhere with adequate ventilation and distance is safe enough.

Around here the restaurants have put up plexiglass barriers between booths so smaller chance of large droplets getting on you. The aerosols are still a problem without properly directed airflow.

7 months later
    1 month later
    #1489 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Not in Israel. Or Sweden, Iceland and a dozen other small Countries where a high percentage of the population is inoculated

Source please.

2 weeks later
    #1518 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I refuse to use drinking fountains. On the rare occasion when I did, I could pretty much always came away from it with a cold or sore throat later in the day or the next day. Yecch.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have no problem with a garden hose. 50 people all haven't licked it before I got there.

I think you're doing drinking fountains wrong. No licking is necessary to obtain the water. I'm sure the fountain appreciates your extra effort though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-temporarily-closed-my-arcade-thread-?tu=yeoldpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.