Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,522 posts
  • 255 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    7FE4CBEA-7690-41A8-B236-48E4A0FCC6B9 (resized).jpeg
    maginot (resized).jpg
    coway6 (resized).jpg
    coway5 (resized).jpg
    coway4 (resized).jpg
    coway3 (resized).jpg
    coway2 (resized).jpg
    coway1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1298 3 (resized).jpg
    Untitled 43 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1196 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1074 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1282 3 (resized).jpg

There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
    #1501 64 days ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I guess I'm too 'old school' and cheap. [quoted image]

I refuse to use drinking fountains. On the rare occasion when I did, I could pretty much always came away from it with a cold or sore throat later in the day or the next day. Yecch.

#1502 64 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Try searching for glass bottled spring water.

Simply nothing better than glass as a container.
    I no longer like aluminum, too many residuals from the manufacturing process.

Sorry, PLASTICS HAVE TO GO.

#1503 64 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Simply nothing better than glass as a container.
    I no longer like aluminum, too many residuals from the manufacturing process.
    Sorry, PLASTICS HAVE TO GO.

I prefer glass for most beverages if possible. Less likely for the container's materials to leech into the drink.

That's why you can't let cheap plastic water bottles sit for too long. The plastic starts contaminating water after a while and makes it taste gross.

Decent reusable plastic bottles are usually fine for a few years, though.

The downside to glass is that it's usually bulkier, heavier, and more expensive.

#1504 64 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The downside to glass is that it's usually bulkier, heavier, and more expensive.

The efficient system used for drink bottles in the 60's is the standard. Buy a Coke in the bottle, return the empty, get 2 cents.
    Return crates in front of gas stations, really everywhere.
    Incentives to collect and return.
    Bottle washing automation that (mostly) ensured a clean drink.
    I really hate plastics, of all kinds though I recognize the benefits in some cases (Medical).

#1505 64 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Unless one with a mouse or something slipped through the inspectors.

LTG : )

#1506 64 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The efficient system used for drink bottles in the 60's is the standard. Buy a Coke in the bottle, return the empty, get 2 cents.
    Return crates in front of gas stations, really everywhere.
    Incentives to collect and return.
    I really hate plastics, of all kinds though I recognize the benefits in some cases (Medical).

It is great except for all the fuel it takes to carry heavy glass back and forth.

The best delivery system is the pipes already in every building. Packaged water in any container is stupid.

#1507 64 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I refuse to use drinking fountains. On the rare occasion when I did, I could pretty much always came away from it with a cold or sore throat later in the day or the next day. Yecch.

Heck, I still drink out of the garden hose straight from a well. After 60 + years, I must have built up a good immune system!

#1508 63 days ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Get one of these and sell logoed refillable bottles/yeti thingies.
    And don't forget the cold cuts!
    [quoted image]

Before I recently retired, they remodeled the facility and stuck in something similar so people could fill up water containers with 'clean and filtered' water. And of course....never bothered to change the filter for ages even after the 'change filter' light was lit. That filter was probably a cesspool! Straight out of the tap is fine by me.

#1509 63 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Unless one with a mouse or something slipped through the inspectors.

“Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.”

#1510 63 days ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

“Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.”

No, for real. At my Father's arcade every once in a great while we'd find something in a bottle. Usually Mountain Dew, it was easiest to see when loading the pop machine. This would be mid to late 1960's.

I had one with a plastic straw in it I saved. No idea where it ended up. When I lost the house a lot of stuff disappeared.

Those days we didn't think of suing.

#1511 63 days ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Heck, I still drink out of the garden hose straight from a well. After 60 + years, I must have built up a good immune system!

I have no problem with a garden hose. 50 people all haven't licked it before I got there.

#1512 63 days ago
    Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Great flick! They don’t make em like they used to.....

#1513 63 days ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Packaged water in any container is stupid.

I find them useful when traveling.

When you're done, you just toss it and don't have to keep carrying it around.

Some places won't let you in with containers/bottles/drinks, so tossing out a plastic bottle isn't going to be any great loss (unlike a refillable bottle).

Otherwise, no, I don't use plastic bottles on a day-to-day basis. I filter my own tap water.

#1514 63 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have no problem with a garden hose. 50 people all haven't licked it before I got there.

There's all the contaminate from being just brought out of the ground, not being sanitized, no chlorine. A hose that's been setting around for months, setting out in the open? We all seem to survive drinking from an occasional water fountain and eventually die from other issues. Drinking from a water fountain (or hose in my case) is not a real worry w/me.

But no issues about you being worried about other people and water fountains, completely understand your comment. Just not a concern on my end, we all have different priorities in life.

#1515 63 days ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

There's all the contaminate from being just brought out of the ground, not being sanitized. A hose that's been setting around for months, setting out in the open.

Well sure--I don't think I've used a garden hose in that situation. Usually it's been a hose that's already been watering the garden or cooling people off all summer, so it's already had quite a bit of water flowing through it.

#1516 63 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well sure--I don't think I've used a garden hose in that situation. Usually it's been a hose that's already been watering the garden or cooling people off all summer, so it's already had quite a bit of water flowing through it.

I live out in the boonies. There's probably cow pee and fertilizer to a certain extent coming out of the hose that I drink from! Flowers seem to like it tho!

#1517 63 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

As someone who traveled by air several times a month for 30+ years, I've used drinking fountains in office buildings, factories and airports thousands of times. Never a problem and I saved thousands of dollars. Even while on an expense account, I treated the money as if it were my own.

#1518 63 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think you're doing drinking fountains wrong. No licking is necessary to obtain the water. I'm sure the fountain appreciates your extra effort though.

#1519 63 days ago

I believe the environmental impact between aluminum and glass leans toward aluminum as the [slightly] more efficient option.

However our startup model required us to shy away from glassware, a water refill station was considered. I harbored fears of cross contamination with a refill station, either from splash back or from the lip of a cup contacting a cross-touch surface. Perhaps unfounded, and perhaps cross contamination can be eliminated by devices such as FloWater and the like.

Until we are able to invest in glassware service, I’m fine slanging Death.

#1520 63 days ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I think you're doing drinking fountains wrong. No licking is necessary to obtain the water. I'm sure the fountain appreciates your extra effort though.

LOL

Of course I know that.

I've seen more than a few people put their whole mouth on the faucet. Yuck.

#1521 61 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've seen more than a few people put their whole mouth on the faucet. Yuck.

Mostly kids, who have the most germs.

2 weeks later
    #1522 43 days ago

We’ve seen a slowdown in attendance (school season) and a noticeable increase in mask wearing. But still trickling in a good number of guests on most days.

Our ventilation system is still chugging away which is a relief, but we are remaining defensive. If this isn’t Delta peak, we’re pretty close to it and expecting to remain as such until at least mid-October.

Upgraded the fridge. Fun new custom marquee. Also moved the Arnold Palmers to the $2 shelf up top. Mannequins have appeared.

19C29A43-E7DC-4936-A608-01E5A7E8BAC5 (resized).jpeg

There are 1522 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside