• X-MEN LE 10 votes
    3%

(322 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

macho.jpg
819357929379bd142b8d6704d14e1a77.jpg
thunderdome.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man, how do you choose between TRON, AC/DC and LOTR?

EZ, you choose LOTR!

Tron people? Really Tron? Really? REALLY TRON??

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

I went with Tron. I really like LOTR too, but the long ball times on it is what made me go with Tron.

Long ball times only suck on a pin without anything cool to do. Theres always something cool to do in LoTR and really, until you get to Valinor, you're gonna need every extra second of ball time you can. Even SM has Lotsa cool modes to finish and longer ball times certainly dont hurt. People complain about BSM happening so much, but I wonder how may of those people are routinely getting the SJPs.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Acdc smacks Tron and Lotr in the face with flow, leds, speed and lockbar button. Plus bright Led Display. Anyone voting otherwise has not played acdc.

Two extra flippers on a lower playfield < an extra flipper on top. ACDC more flow than SM? I've played both (not enough acdc yet, thats for sure) and don't see that. ACDC can't match the upper flipper ramp shot after a left orbit shot on SM. The timing of that shot separates the men from the boys.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

LOTR still stands the tests of time, tried and true. SM isn't getting that much love as people say. I have a feeling only a handful like that game, but they are the most vocal about it, so it appears more popular than it really is. I think SM is less than impressive.

Have people choose their top three, weighting the scores,and I'll bet SM and LOTR top that list. I can't vote for both, so gave it o LOTR....could've gone SM, but LOTR is the greatest of them all, not just Stern.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Wow does AC/DC look good, my LOTR next to it looks like a crusty EM game

ACDC is the inked up chick at the strip club that makes you feel like a man $20 at a time. Its fun as hell, but its not true and its maybe even a little desperate.

LOTR is the girl you marry, have kids with, and grow old with. Happily.

#109 11 years ago

And pulling away. Cream rises to the top. Not that I'd want a Cream pin....

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

more like rising sludge. can't see why people like this game. different strokes/different folks i guess

For someone with a decent collection your negativity towards this game is strange. Why do you so aggressively dis such a commonly beloved and celebrated game? Not to mention the one winning the poll? Just like swimming against the tide or what? I don't know why people aggressively dis any pin, but unless LoTR fell on your grandmother and killed her it seems like a very benign and unworthy target.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

It's ironic, because your comments are aggressive. I don't throw temper tantrums if people disagree with me. I could care less. If you don't like a game, so what. Look at the title. It says VOTE. Everyone throws their 2 cents in the hat.
I voted, doesn't mean everyone is going to agree. I just don't understand why people like lotr, that's all. I consider it up there with Avatar. I was surprised it ranked higher than sterns recent releases. Seems like people can't shut up about sm, tron, and acdc and then lotr takes the lead???? Where have the lotr fans been hiding?
I'll probably never see what other people see in lotr. It's gotta be driven by movie fans or something. I'm not one of them, so I must be in the minority.

Do you understand the meaning of the term aggressive? Laugh. Out. Loud. Your other comments are totally reasonable. And interesting. Just throwing out a dis is....is....meh.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I disagree with him too as I *love* LOTR, but I don't really see him being "aggressive" in stating his opinion that he doesn't like the pin. Hell, he even said "different strokes/different folks" at the end of his post.
People really don't need to be so sensitive when someone else doesn't like a pin that they love.

Dude, he called it a "rising sludge". It's a derogatory comment...and therefore aggressive in my not so humble opinion. Anything designed to get a reaction - like a derogatory commment - shouldn't surprise when it...gets a reaction. Sensitivity has nothing to do with it....but who's actually the sensitive one here anyway?

#130 11 years ago

Aggressive was poor description. But there's an element of aggressiveness in any put down. And one can be very negative without being insulting. So I'm not sure what the word is.

But who cares? Not important. I regret weighing in. Pointless and a waste of time. I love Pinball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
€ 7.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 25.00
$ 18.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-stern-thunderdome?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.