• X-MEN LE 10 votes
    3%

(322 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

macho.jpg
819357929379bd142b8d6704d14e1a77.jpg
thunderdome.jpg

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

That is the ultimate question... & much like the 'Chicken & the Egg' question, there is no right answer...

A little montmorillonite clay, riboenzymes, and protocells, and you are on your way! Oops, wrong thread.

Seriously TSPP, LoTR, and TRON? How can one go wrong as they are all great!

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Just too boring....

That's why I play mine before bed every night. No more sleeping pills for me!

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Just too boring....

You never got to Jericho then?

Er, I haven't either yet......

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Acdc smacks Tron and Lotr in the face with flow, leds, speed and lockbar button. Plus bright Led Display. Anyone voting otherwise has not played acdc.

Incorrect. I have played AC/DC, and have voted otherwise.

I think with more play, LOTR may move up, but as of now

TRON LE
LOTR
AC/DC

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You never got to Jericho then?
Er, I haven't either yet......

Yeah aint hard... Just not enough shots in the game... Similar to acdc actually.... 1 loop, 2 ramps, 3 jets and a centre shot and a few drops.

#106 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah aint hard... Just not enough shots in the game... Similar to acdc actually.... 1 loop, 2 ramps, 3 jets and a centre shot and a few drops.

Crap, I got ripped off. Stern put stand-ups instead of drops in mine.

#107 11 years ago

Love the idea of picking only one. Wish Thundersome would invite top three or four pins with only one winner of course.

#109 11 years ago

And pulling away. Cream rises to the top. Not that I'd want a Cream pin....

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And pulling away. Cream rises to the top. Not that I'd want a Cream pin....

more like rising sludge. can't see why people like this game. different strokes/different folks i guess

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from crank:

Crap, I got ripped off. Stern put stand-ups instead of drops in mine.

Lol yeah sorry gave them to much credit for "going all out"... ROFL just goes to show how much I have played the game. The standups give it that nice cheap feel.... Reckon they do that quite well..

#112 11 years ago

At what point do we consider this round closed and move on to round two?

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

more like rising sludge. can't see why people like this game. different strokes/different folks i guess

For someone with a decent collection your negativity towards this game is strange. Why do you so aggressively dis such a commonly beloved and celebrated game? Not to mention the one winning the poll? Just like swimming against the tide or what? I don't know why people aggressively dis any pin, but unless LoTR fell on your grandmother and killed her it seems like a very benign and unworthy target.

#114 11 years ago

On top of LOTR being a fun and complex game, the fact that the movies were so epic really boosts it. The Gimli super jackpot callout makes me giddy when Im zinging the balls around!

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

IM.
So far, best Stern as it is just so addictive.
Enjoy, Tron, XM and ACDC but IM tops at the moment.

IM is great if you like outline drains and brutal shots.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

IM is great if you like outline drains and brutal shots.

Holy crap, the irony is rich with this post considering you own and love AC/DC!

#117 11 years ago

For someone with a decent collection your negativity towards this game is strange. Why do you so aggressively dis such a commonly beloved and celebrated game? Not to mention the one winning the poll? Just like swimming against the tide or what? I don't know why people aggressively dis any pin, but unless LoTR fell on your grandmother and killed her it seems like a very benign and unworthy target.

I disagree with him too as I *love* LOTR, but I don't really see him being "aggressive" in stating his opinion that he doesn't like the pin. Hell, he even said "different strokes/different folks" at the end of his post.

People really don't need to be so sensitive when someone else doesn't like a pin that they love. The hobby is extremely subjective. Start a thread titled "MM is the best pin ever" (and it is ranked number 1 here at Pinside) and watch all the people that will post how extremely overrated it is, that they "don't get it", or that it is "meh". You can do it for any pin, and there will always be people who have an opposing opinion. It's really not a big deal, and in fact, should be expected.

#118 11 years ago

I don't know why people aggressively dis any pin, but unless LoTR fell on your grandmother and killed her it seems like a very benign and unworthy target.

It's ironic, because your comments are aggressive. I don't throw temper tantrums if people disagree with me. I could care less. If you don't like a game, so what. Look at the title. It says VOTE. Everyone throws their 2 cents in the hat.

I voted, doesn't mean everyone is going to agree. I just don't understand why people like lotr, that's all. I consider it up there with avatar. I was surprised it ranked higher than sterns recent releases. Seems like people can't shut up about sm, tron, and acdc and then lotr takes the lead???? Where have the lotr fans been hiding?

I'll probably never see what other people see in lotr. It's gotta be driven by movie fans or something. I'm not one of them, so I must be in the minority.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

It's ironic, because you're comments are aggressive. I don't throw temper tantrums if people disagree with me. I could care less. If you don't like a game, so what. Look at the title. It says VOTE. Everyone throws their 2 cents in the hat.
I voted, doesn't mean everyone is going to agree. I just don't understand why people like lotr, that's all. I consider it up there with Avatar. I was surprised it ranked higher than sterns recent releases. Seems like people can't shut up about sm, tron, and acdc and then lotr takes the lead???? Where have the lotr fans been hiding?
I'll probably never see what other people see in lotr. It's gotta be driven by movie fans or something. I'm not one of them, so I must be in the minority.

I gave your post a thumbs up for the first half.

Personally, I like LOTR because it is so deep, has so much to do, excellent rules, and the theme and call outs are excellent. Its like a journey, especially with the long ball times. Love destroying the ring. If you don't enjoy the movies/theme, I can understand why you might not like the pin.

#120 11 years ago

Tron LE. Man, what a winner. Livin' to love this game. Pinball Crack!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#121 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

2 loops actually, it can be made from either flipper so it is two different shots and add 2 magnets and a pf kickback.
I hear that you hate fast games and only like the stop start snoozefests.
I bet it is way too fast and too hard for you.

#122 11 years ago

ac/dc. its a pinball party. i don't need to go on a journey (lotr). tron doesn't have the excitement that ac/dc brings to the table. even if you have bad games on ac/dc..you're still rockin' and rollin'

#123 11 years ago

Fact is they are all good Sterns. After Acdc, I'm think of going more Stern in my collection. Including IM.

Why? Reliability, durability and tech support.

Next weekend thunder dome? Bally v Williams v stern?

#124 11 years ago

I voted Tron because it was on the list.

I think RBION is their best game though. Tron a fantastic game though.

EDIT: I'd prob go ACDC just a C-hair over IM for my least favorite. Hmmm...tough call.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

It's ironic, because your comments are aggressive. I don't throw temper tantrums if people disagree with me. I could care less. If you don't like a game, so what. Look at the title. It says VOTE. Everyone throws their 2 cents in the hat.
I voted, doesn't mean everyone is going to agree. I just don't understand why people like lotr, that's all. I consider it up there with Avatar. I was surprised it ranked higher than sterns recent releases. Seems like people can't shut up about sm, tron, and acdc and then lotr takes the lead???? Where have the lotr fans been hiding?

Do you understand the meaning of the term aggressive? Laugh. Out. Loud. Your other comments are totally reasonable. And interesting. Just throwing out a dis is....is....meh.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I disagree with him too as I *love* LOTR, but I don't really see him being "aggressive" in stating his opinion that he doesn't like the pin. Hell, he even said "different strokes/different folks" at the end of his post.
People really don't need to be so sensitive when someone else doesn't like a pin that they love.

Dude, he called it a "rising sludge". It's a derogatory comment...and therefore aggressive in my not so humble opinion. Anything designed to get a reaction - like a derogatory commment - shouldn't surprise when it...gets a reaction. Sensitivity has nothing to do with it....but who's actually the sensitive one here anyway?

#128 11 years ago

just because it's negative doesn't mean it's aggressive. Now the way I describe Xfiles or shit tales, that might be considered aggressive.

EXAMPLE: Shit tales is a shitty game with shitty theme, shitty music and not suited to wipe my ass with it.

That might be viewed as aggressive.

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That might be viewed as aggressive.

Borderline

#130 11 years ago

Aggressive was poor description. But there's an element of aggressiveness in any put down. And one can be very negative without being insulting. So I'm not sure what the word is.

But who cares? Not important. I regret weighing in. Pointless and a waste of time. I love Pinball!

#131 11 years ago
#132 11 years ago

Can I split my vote? 1/2 for AC/DC & 1/2 for Tron LE. Tough choices on this poll.
No way IM is best. Sorry Batman.

#133 11 years ago

Must be great to have AC/DC and LOTR side by side...Wish I could afford it.
In a "fast-and-furious" mood? Go for the former!
In a "let's take a spiritual journey" mood?...Praise the Lord!

#134 11 years ago

So are you guys ready to call this and move to a final 4?

#135 11 years ago

final 4 my ass, there is only one clear winner, the tried and true.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Where have the lotr fans been hiding?

Sorry, I've been at work and trying to track down parts to finish working on Rollergames, Time Machine, and Space Shuttle. =\

Where would you like me to start gushing?

#137 11 years ago

Not a big surprise that LOTR won against all these other top Sterns.

#138 11 years ago

AC/DC! I think it's one of if not the best pin ever made.

#139 11 years ago

Pinside Thunderdome!
2 Pins enter, 1 pin leaves!

#140 11 years ago

vote in the final 4 thread

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.50
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-stern-thunderdome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.