PXL_20240317_171841241 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240317_173648261 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240317_150216361 (resized).jpg
45572C74-F46F-4417-AF24-91D2789C5F72.gif
A482AC9C-8149-4DF8-ABEC-C65980F0B5EB (resized).jpeg
082343F3-923F-487D-A697-80480A98D0D8 (resized).jpeg
5DC66053-A772-44A1-92C6-3FB06D9DE07D.gif
IMG_6882 (resized).jpeg
There are 739 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 59 days ago

I watched the movie for the first time last night. Now all the jokes and play field choices make sense haha

#652 59 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Yeah was the same for me. So glad I didn’t get one. LE’s are hitting the $7k range now. Watched TPF stream and just wasn’t blown away to spend $12k for an LE. Looney Tunes though is one I am excited about.
But not doing NIB. Congrats to those getting TPB. Wife and I love the theme but didn’t fall in love with the game unfortunately.

hopefully you can play one and then see what you think. I never get a good feel for a game from a stream, hands on and knowing some rules help so much. I've gone from hating a game, mando, to actually thinking it's okay because of learning more.

#653 59 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hopefully you can play one and then see what you think. I never get a good feel for a game from a stream, hands on and knowing some rules help so much. I've gone from hating a game, mando, to actually thinking it's okay because of learning more.

Yeah you’re right. I always try to try before I buy. Only game I ordered without trying or seeing a gameplay stream was Halloween. We still love it. Just the initial cost for an LE is a lot to spend if you aren’t thrilled about it.

For me Looney Tunes has a lot of shots and just looks more fun. But won’t buy NIB.

#654 59 days ago

Man really wanted one but the price point is ridiculous. Looks less fun than weird all but costs 150% more. Can get well cared for used Sterns for that much... Bought a P3 not just for WAMONH but for modularity but if this price is the norm, then guess I'm jsut going to have to give up the dream.

#655 59 days ago
Quoted from tronlover:

Man really wanted one but the price point is ridiculous. Looks less fun than weird all but costs 150% more. Can get well cared for used Sterns for that much... Bought a P3 not just for WAMONH but for modularity but if this price is the norm, then guess I'm jsut going to have to give up the dream.

$3,750 is 150% more than $3,500?

#656 59 days ago

$3500 to $3750 = 150% more ??

5DC66053-A772-44A1-92C6-3FB06D9DE07D.gif5DC66053-A772-44A1-92C6-3FB06D9DE07D.gif
#657 59 days ago

Weird Al was $3k when it came out so I see what they are saying, still not a 150% but definitely an increase.

#658 59 days ago
Quoted from tronlover:

From a pure math perspective, The Princess Bride's standard game kit price of $3750 is 7% higher than WAMONH's current price of $3500 and 25% higher than WAMONH's launch price of $3000 two years ago. In those 2 years, supplier prices have increased significantly and labor costs have skyrocketed, and while I know you don't care about our COGS directly, I'm sure you can appreciate that they have a material impact on how we have to price things. Factor in the development expenses to create any pinball game, whether it sells as a Multimorphic game kit or a standalone machine by any other manufacturer, and I can't see any logical argument against our game kits being the best new game value in the industry by far.

For those who don't already own a P3 and need to also buy the base machine, the standard edition Princess Bride deal at $11,500 is priced similarly to many other standalone machines but comes with a lot more features. The dynamic and interactive playfield display, wall/scoop assembly, infinity ball trough, and engineered modularity, to name a few, are key differentiators that we use to enhance the playing and owning experience. That you can then add other games for $3500 or less (and under $200 for software add-on games) is just icing on the cake.

All that said, we all know pinball is expensive and a few thousand dollars is a lot of money. We certainly hope everybody feels like we're providing good value for that money. We also hope people see value in all of the features we've added over the years, oftentimes for free. We're truly committed to continuing to add value to ALL P3 owners' ownership experience, even many years after the sale. I think we're unique in the industry in that regard.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#659 58 days ago

Just discovered MM thanks to TPB and I have to say I think the whole concept is really cool and different. Love the modularity and interactive screen. The IPs that would go great with this system are endless. Likely gonna pick up TPB and Heist.

I got two questions that maybe Gerry can chime in on:

1) Any plans to add Savage into the game? I think it would be funny if his audio about not more kissing played when you skip the kissing cutscene. Also everytime I watch the movie I always have fun seeing all his 80s toys lying around behind him.

2) Any plans for magnetic art blades for games?

#660 58 days ago

Just watched the gameplay stream. Congrats to Gerry and everyone at MM. Theme integration looks truly amazing. I'm still not sold on the overall reliability of the platform, so I'm not a buyer yet, but if you're a fan of this movie I can't imagine doing a better job bringing it to pinball. Looks they had access to ALL the IP assets. Live all the callouts, especially Wallace Shawn's. He is so great in TPB.

#661 58 days ago
Quoted from Rob55:

Any plans to add Savage into the game?

He's in there. There are a number of callouts from him as well as Peter Falk.

#662 58 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyHomeBrew:

Just watched the gameplay stream. Congrats to Gerry and everyone at MM. Theme integration looks truly amazing. I'm still not sold on the overall reliability of the platform, so I'm not a buyer yet…

I am technically and mechanically inept (I know, I should probably find another hobby, but I love playing). MM support is second to none. They patiently and cheerfully help me troubleshoot whenever something comes up.

It’s part of the value prospect that is sometimes overlooked.

Hope you can find one to play!

#663 58 days ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

I am technically and mechanically inept (I know, I should probably find another hobby, but I love playing). MM support is second to none. They patiently and cheerfully help me troubleshoot whenever something comes up.
It’s part of the value prospect that is sometimes overlooked.

We appreciate the nod. Customer support is a priority for us. It's the reason we brought in Nick Baldridge, and it's the reason we get our engineering staff (TJ, Michael, me, and occasionally others) involved quickly when necessary.

That said, minimizing your need to contact support is an even higher priority. As JJP's Jack used to say, "If it's not broken, it's not pinball." We'll certainly never eliminate every potential issue - mechanical things wear out over time. However, we recently announced a list of select free parts that we'll be sending every P3 owner as spares for items that some folks have seen fail prematurely. New machines rolling off the line now already have the improved parts installed (gold-rated ATX supply, updated EOS boards/flags, flipper/slingshot pivot brackets, and aluminum upper flipper bats, etc). The retrofit packages will start going out in just a couple more months, when the larger batch of improved parts arrive. We've actively sent people individual parts upon failure reports.

As mentioned a few posts above, we have the best per-game value in the industry, and I believe we also have the best warranty. One of our driving goals is to also have the most reliable machine in the industry.

Buy with confidence. We've got your back.

- Gerry

#664 58 days ago

#665 58 days ago
Quoted from Rob55:

1) Any plans to add Savage into the game? I think it would be funny if his audio about not more kissing played when you skip the kissing cutscene. Also everytime I watch the movie I always have fun seeing all his 80s toys lying around behind him.

As others mentioned, he's in there! I think all kid and grandpa quotes happen outside of normal play, like before launch and after drain. It stays thematically consistent with the kid and grandpa reading the book and not being *in* the book.

Quoted from Rob55:

2) Any plans for magnetic art blades for games?

Do you specifically mean on the inner cabinet walls? Well, we just designed in magnetic front cabinet artwork. I won't commit to inner blades yet, but maybe some day!

- Gerry

#666 58 days ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

For those who don't already own a P3 and need to also buy the base machine, the standard edition Princess Bride deal at $11,500 is priced similarly to many other standalone machines but comes with a lot more features. The dynamic and interactive playfield display, wall/scoop assembly, infinity ball trough, and engineered modularity, to name a few, are key differentiators that we use to enhance the playing and owning experience. That you can then add other games for $3500 or less (and under $200 for software add-on games) is just icing on the cake.
- Gerry

You can add the larger LCD screen in the backbox and the LEDs behind the speaker grills as additional features of the base P3 machine compared to Stern.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable can comment on the quality of the sound system? It sounds pretty good to me.

#667 58 days ago
Quoted from clempo:

You can add the larger LCD screen in the backbox and the LEDs behind the speaker grills as additional features of the base P3 machine compared to Stern.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable can comment on the quality of the sound system? It sounds pretty good to me.

Already has a screen as huge as JJP.
Plays everything on the playfield for people watching.
Probably another thing people arnt understanding about MM .Need to go back to basic of explaining how packed these P3 are for the price.
082343F3-923F-487D-A697-80480A98D0D8 (resized).jpeg082343F3-923F-487D-A697-80480A98D0D8 (resized).jpegA482AC9C-8149-4DF8-ABEC-C65980F0B5EB (resized).jpegA482AC9C-8149-4DF8-ABEC-C65980F0B5EB (resized).jpeg

45572C74-F46F-4417-AF24-91D2789C5F72.gif45572C74-F46F-4417-AF24-91D2789C5F72.gif
#668 58 days ago

I’m going to love not having to look up at the bg.

#669 58 days ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I’m going to love not having to look up at the bg.

Yes, excited to have the TPB clips on the playfield. When playing Wonka, I rarely get time to look up at the bg when a ball is in play and miss all the clips or scoring.

I love the P3 has scoring and status down on the playfield.

#670 58 days ago

Do you specifically mean on the inner cabinet walls? Well, we just designed in magnetic front cabinet artwork. I won't commit to inner blades yet, but maybe some day!
- Gerry

Yep, that is what I meant. Great to hear possibility in the future. Thanks!

#671 57 days ago

As others mentioned, he's in there! I think all kid and grandpa quotes happen outside of normal play, like before launch and after drain. It stays thematically consistent with the kid and grandpa reading the book and not being *in* the book.

I just wanted to say that is very clever way to incorporate that aspect of the move into the pinball adaption

#672 57 days ago

This is a very entertaining Celebrity charity Home version of princess bride.Starts with real Adult Fred Savage in bed.

#673 57 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This is a very entertaining Celebrity charity Home version of princess bride.Starts with real Adult Fred Savage in bed.

That was very good. Especially the end. Nice surprise.

#674 56 days ago

My wife and I got a kick out of all the celebrities! And some of them really nailed the characters! What a great way to refresh yourself on the classic lines that will surely be in the game

#675 52 days ago

TPF is just around the corner. After that, we'll be attending MGC!

Full announcement text:

We've long been telling everybody why the P3 is such a special machine. It's everything that's great about pinball, plus a few really exciting and differentiating features, highlighted by dynamic and interactive lower playfield artwork and swappable playfield modules. We've previously announced our upcoming appearance at the Texas Pinball Festival. Soon after that, we'll be visiting Milwaukee, WI to attend the Midwest Gaming Classic, where we'll have a few machines and a bunch of our game kits to swap in, including The Princess Bride, Final Resistance, Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity, and Heist.

Some of the P3s at TPF and all of the P3s at MGC will be new-in-box machines. If anybody's interested in purchasing one and taking it home at the end of the show, or if you already have one on order and want to take one of the show machines home instead, feel free to email us to discuss show pricing and logistics. The only exception is The Princess Bride game kits we'll have are pre-production units that we need to keep. So if a Princess Bride game kit is part of your order, we'll ship a production playfield to you later, based on the build queue at the time of your purchase.

We're looking forward to seeing everybody!

- Gerry

#676 46 days ago

Finished with the code will be using at TPF, looking forward to showing off the game there. I'll be hanging around the booth a lot as I want to watch you all play so as I will learn a lot. I'll be happy to answer any questions about rules or anything else, so please ask. I look like my avatar, but my beard is a bit more grey.

#677 46 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Finished with the code will be using at TPF,

Glad to see you back in the game !

LTG : )

#678 46 days ago

See you Friday!

#679 45 days ago

Can’t wait to see and hear more!!!!

#680 43 days ago

Well, there are a lot of great games at TPF but so far Princess Bride is far and above the hit of the show for me. Only played P3 at TPF over the years - and I did like Final Resistance last year - but this is a whole new level. The modes are so freaking cool and the look and feel is amazing. Everything worked seamlessly - they have really done a good job of integrating all the assets with gameplay. It has typical P3 vibe where shots are a long way off but there are a lot of shots. They have done so much with code - you can pick multi ball or timed ball on modes, the left handed sword fight, the mode where you can't trap etc. And of course climbing the cliffs is really fun. This game is the first time where I can see multiple buttons enhancing the game. It's hard to get used to but I could see it really working well for this at home - with some practice. The only thing I thought that was even partially negative was the theme "Storybook Love" plays a lot and it's kinda slow for pinball. Dialogue is plentiful and easy to hear even at TPF, the back box lcd shows the films clips and animation beautifully and the playfield screen is clear and immersive. Obviously - if you have a P3 you buy this - if not, might start thinking about clearing some space to get one.

#681 43 days ago
Quoted from Threetreys:

Well, there are a lot of great games at TPF but so far Princess Bride is far and above the hit of the show for me. Only played P3 at TPF over the years - and I did like Final Resistance last year - but this is a whole new level. The modes are so freaking cool and the look and feel is amazing. Everything worked seamlessly - they have really done a good job of integrating all the assets with gameplay. It has typical P3 vibe where shots are a long way off but there are a lot of shots. They have done so much with code - you can pick multi ball or timed ball on modes, the left handed sword fight, the mode where you can't trap etc. And of course climbing the cliffs is really fun. This game is the first time where I can see multiple buttons enhancing the game. It's hard to get used to but I could see it really working well for this at home - with some practice. The only thing I thought that was even partially negative was the theme "Storybook Love" plays a lot and it's kinda slow for pinball. Dialogue is plentiful and easy to hear even at TPF, the back box lcd shows the films clips and animation beautifully and the playfield screen is clear and immersive. Obviously - if you have a P3 you buy this - if not, might start thinking about clearing some space to get one.

This is great to hear as I ordered one as my wife loves the theme but I haven’t played a p3. It looks great so we are looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing.

#682 43 days ago
Quoted from jnicesch:

This is great to hear as I ordered one as my wife loves the theme but I haven’t played a p3. It looks great so we are looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing.

Don’t forget to grab dungeon door defender with your princes bride module!

Awesome to hear, I like having a mix of games. The long story kind (Lotr) and then short playing mean games, tna/FR etc so it’s great to hear about tpb being a story and I think my kids will enjoy playing and watching someone play.

#683 43 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Don’t forget to grab dungeon door defender with your princes bride module!

Isn't DDD only compatible with the Heist module?

#685 43 days ago

All true! DDD is also on the floor of TPF (running on Heist) next to the three Princess Bride machines.

To the right as you are facing the Princess Bride machines, there are five other P3s. In that line up (left to right) are: Cannon Lagoon, Cosmic Cart Racing running Ranger in the Ruins (I think), Heist running Dungeon Door Defender, Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity, and Final Resistance.

#686 43 days ago

There is also a dedicated Drained machine on the left, a second WAMONH, and a second Final Resistance, a Lexy Lightspeed, and a second Heist!

Small plug: I'm running a contest for the highest number of vampires slain on Drained during TPF. Take a photo of your score (last two digits are vampires slain) and send to me any way you can to be entered!

#688 43 days ago

So glad to see that DDD will play on TPB!

I played enough TPB yesterday to be glad I bought it, but can't abide the lines. Played a lot of Lexy Lightspeed & will end up getting that too, someday. Really liked it.

#690 41 days ago

Played the game at TPF. Very impressed !!

#691 41 days ago

Looking forward to ports of ddd by @mocean.
Currently don't have heist, so any other PF module would be an insta buy for me.

#692 41 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Looking forward to ports of ddd by @mocean.
Currently don't have heist, so any other PF module would be an insta buy for me.

As I told Stephen a while back, I had zero plans to port DDD to another playfield, as the experience on Heist was perfect in my mind. At that time I hadn't considered another playfield would come along that so perfectly fit the theme of DDD. The Princess Bride playfield is beautiful. To paraphrase Josh, how could I not have Dungeon Door Defender on this playfield!? I have no plans to port it to anything else. Happy to talk more about this in the DDD thread, but really I don't want to derail any further and want to leave this thread for Princess Bride talk. That game is the total package. It's epic.

#693 41 days ago

Thank you to everybody who came out to the show this weekend and played The Princess Bride and the rest of the 13 P3s in the Multimorphic booth. I loved hearing your stories about The Princess Bride being your favorite movie, watching it dozens of times every year, and even dressing up as Dredd Pirate Roberts and Buttercup for Halloween!

We make these games for you to enjoy, and it's hard to express how rewarding it is to see all of you playing the games, smiling, and explaining to your friends and family why the P3 is so special. The Princess Bride is unlike any other game on the P3. Final Resistance is unlike any other game on the P3. Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity is unlike any other game on the P3. We made a lot of choices when designing the system to ensure we could immerse you into the story of each game, and we're beyond thrilled to see so many of you finding joy in these games.

- Gerry

PXL_20240317_150216361 (resized).jpgPXL_20240317_150216361 (resized).jpgPXL_20240317_171841241 (resized).jpgPXL_20240317_171841241 (resized).jpgPXL_20240317_173648261 (resized).jpgPXL_20240317_173648261 (resized).jpg
#694 41 days ago

For those who were able to play TPB at TPF, what were your favorite modes/moments from the game?

I'm partial to the cliff mech myself

#695 40 days ago
Quoted from tjw998:

For those who were able to play TPB at TPF, what were your favorite modes/moments from the game?

I loved playing left and right handed in the sword duel. All the modes were really fun.

I have to say, TPB was tied with Pulp Fiction as my favorite game at the show. I had a P3 on order years ago but canceled it as my wife “didn’t like how the flippers felt”. She’s agreed she’d get over that issue now (really, I don’t think it would take long to get use to the flippers being a little wider), so we are on the fence to get a P3 now (we were not planning to buy any more machines this year…but are considering it now).

I think P3 is going to move a lot of these units.

#696 40 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

we were not planning to buy any more machines this year….

We were at that point too. Shit happens. 2024 was supposed to be the NO NIB year, considering last year we got 9 (of which 7 were P3 modules). So here we were just a few weeks into 2024 and 3 NIBs ordered (1 received so far). UGGGGGH. Couldn't pass on TPB though. Dream theme, especially on the P3!

#697 40 days ago

Any others play it? I was hoping to see a lot of pics or posts. I’m excited for it and love reading the buzz about it

#698 40 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Any others play it? I was hoping to see a lot of pics or posts. I’m excited for it and love reading the buzz about it

I played it at TPF and I hated it. I actually played all the P3 games at TPF and I loved the Weird Al game. Controlling the 5 flippers with 4 buttons was a challenge but Weird Al was a better game than Princess Bride.

#699 40 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I loved playing left and right handed in the sword duel. All the modes were really fun.

We were all paying particular attention to how well the game communicated the one-handed play to the player. Looked to me like everybody picked it up instantly. It was really fun to watch.

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I played it at TPF and I hated it. I actually played all the P3 games at TPF and I loved the Weird Al game. Controlling the 5 flippers with 4 buttons was a challenge but Weird Al was a better game than Princess Bride.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy TPB. Glad to hear you enjoyed WAMONH! While we wish everybody loved every game, that's the beauty of a platform that allows such a wide array of playing experiences. Hopefully we capture the magic for you in many other games!

- Gerry

#700 40 days ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Weird Al I have and enjoy it. Its setup to where my bottom 4 are one button for right and left and the top is another. Much easier for me and my family and then it feels just like the standard pins we play. I’m hoping they don’t force people to play with all the buttons. It’s been a big debate here on the chat

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 739 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-princess-bride-hype-thread-hype-of-unusual-size-this-is-true-love/page/14?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.