(Topic ID: 102067)

The Peak of Pinball?

By KingNine

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2Snaps_3.gif
    2Snaps_7.gif
    2Snaps_5.gif
    2Snaps_4.gif
    2Snaps_2.gif
    2Snaps_1.gif
    1191_minecraft_posters_computronic.jpg
    minecraft-download-skinsminecraft-skins-download-free-minecraft-skinsdownload-minecrafts-eikdxxzz.jpg
    lego-sculpture-nathan-sawayas-adn.jpg
    minecraft.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PopBumperPete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

As much as I like seeing new games, this current resurgence will not last (5 years)

As for peaks, no
    70-80s, some single titles had bigger runs than yhe grand total of gamrs currenly being produced per year

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Some more than the total games made in the last five years.

I know, but 2015 will see a lot of new games hit the market

Interesting times

#35 9 years ago

I don't think it is a resurgenceof pinball
    I think it is part of the popularity of mancaves and home entertainment

Why go out , with all the hasels, when you can stay home, invite some friendsover and just enjoy yourself

#54 9 years ago

What arcades?
    What leagues?
    What pinball shows?
    There is only one pinball show in Australia per year
    I do visit oother pinball friends, but gatherings happen rarely

Quoted from phishrace:.
    The current small 'resurgence' is mostly from home buyers (collectors). For 70+ years in this country, pinball was a social activity. Now, playing alone in your basement and posting to pinside is considered social activity.
    If you feel so strongly that pinball hasn't peaked, what are you doing to continue the growth? Do you play on location regularly? Play in a league? Do you attend more than one show a year and bring games to the shows? Do you operate any games? You have a relatively large collection. Do you have company over regularly to play the games? Before you start questioning others opinions, you need to let us know what you're doing for the hobby.
    There isn't enough wealth in this country to continue the growth on the collector side. Not enough households that can afford $4500+ toys in the home. That surge is over. There is plenty of room for the hobby to grow among non-collectors. That's where the future of the hobby lies. So how are you going to help?

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Four years ago, there were no leagues, tournaments or shows in GA. It was fewer than 10 people that made all of those things come to pass. And before that, there were just a few of us who would open our houses to strangers. It's pretty remarkable how few people it takes to spark a revolution. Anyway, if we can make all of those things happen in Georgia, I know that you guys can make them happen in Australia.

Sadly where I live I know there are two other collectors like me
    I have not met either of them nor do they use either of the two Australianpinball forums

I did try to have a meet years ago, only oone guy turned up>

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I keep forgetting that Australia is a huge country. It would be like spreading the Georgia pin collector population over the entire US continent and expecting them to get together.

it does depend where you live
    Sydney does have events
    Adelaide people are a great bunch and very friendly
    I live an 1 1/2 hours from Melbourne, most people there keep to themselves, pinball politics is partly to blame
    but once you do get to know them they are also a good bunch of people

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PopBumperPete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-peak-of-pinball?tu=PopBumperPete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.