(Topic ID: 347054)

The Great Pinball Price Crash

By rvalkenburg

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7062.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Shadows (resized).jpeg
    raw (resized).png
    747 (resized).jpeg
    avaaddams (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240123_164512_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_8738 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240115_103629_Gmail (resized).jpg
    fgsrtewrt.gif
    IMG_6843.gif
    No One Cares (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.
    #1401 54 days ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

I honestly don't even care much about this topic but I have to point out that while you're calling other people morons and idiots, you are using STRANGER THINGS as your example. You know, the ONE pin that was selling for a crazy price anyways due to demand being far higher than supply. And then Stern reruns it and prices it brand new for far less than the prior market rate for used. Even if your broader observation is correct you lose all credibility by believing this obvious outlier proves your point.

This

#1402 54 days ago

Soooooo.

Anybody got Hoops, Bonebusters, Class of 1812s for 1.5k?

How about some 2k Judge Dredd, Demo Man, Draculas?

No?

Waiting patiently for the crash then I guess.

#1403 54 days ago

Prices seem to be holding steady and dealers are selling. I don’t think we are at a crash.

#1404 53 days ago
    Quoted from frisbez:

Soooooo.
    Anybody got Hoops, Bonebusters, Class of 1812s for 1.5k?
    How about some 2k Judge Dredd, Demo Man, Draculas?
    No?
    Waiting patiently for the crash then I guess.

Exactly! I don't see prices coming down, things sit longer but no sales.

#1405 53 days ago

With Stern blowing out pros for $6K, I don't think anyone can say it hasn't changed the market. I'm certainly not saying it's made pins as a whole cheaper, but rather it has very likely steered many people away from buying something else that's more expensive. Which one would also have to assume this is why you're seeing the marketplace a little slower/stagnated.
    The market as a whole is still very much strong and will likely remain that way until we have a recession which according to several "experts" is to happen this year. (Considering what a cluster F of an economy we have, I believe there's likely merit to it).

#1406 53 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Exactly! I don't see prices coming down, things sit longer but no sales.

Guess we will see who blinks first!

#1407 53 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

The market as a whole is still very much strong and will likely remain that way until we have a recession which according to several "experts" is to happen this year. (Considering what a cluster F of an economy we have, I believe there's likely merit to it).

The "experts" just keep calling for a recession every year. Eventually they will be right!

#1408 53 days ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

The "experts" just keep calling for a recession every year. Eventually they will be right!

This is what kills me. When there finally is one (all things eventually fall) they’ll be like, “told you so!!!” Five years later

#1409 53 days ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Like climate crisis ?

#1410 53 days ago

Crash, correction, whatever - the overall market is absolutely way down, +/- 20%, from its highs. Until there is some catalyst it will continue to weaken - then it will turn up and eventually exceed its previous highs. Wish I still had every house and pinball I ever owned.

#1411 53 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

With Stern blowing out pros for $6K, I don't think anyone can say it hasn't changed the market. I'm certainly not saying it's made pins as a whole cheaper, but rather it has very likely steered many people away from buying something else that's more expensive. Which one would also have to assume this is why you're seeing the marketplace a little slower/stagnated.

Lmao

We have a recession coming every year. There’s a whole thread dedicated to it.

#1412 53 days ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Like climate crisis ?

No, they just keep saying every 10 years we are dead. That didnt work, so now its a crisis! Laughable but yall are bent over a barrel anyway.

#1413 53 days ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Guess we will see who blinks first!

A foo premium just sold for 6,200 and another Foo premium sitting at 6,800 and not selling.

#1414 53 days ago
    Quoted from TeamUp:

A foo premium just sold for 6,200 and another Foo premium sitting at 6,800 and not selling.

Link? I can’t see one cheaper than 7600

#1415 53 days ago
    Quoted from TeamUp:

Game of the year too.

#1416 53 days ago

Believing Stern is blowing games out at 6k. lol Their greasing the wheels trying to move product. There is not a price cash at all. That 6k game hits 5k or 4500$ i call it start paying attention.

Stuff hit msrp +++ during Covid. Things are between msrp and some fluff. Stern is not loosing at msrp -. As for the vendors, selling, repair their going to take the lumps which is crap. Their building they store games has costs insurance,utilities and stupid taxes. Long as $400 toppers sell at 1k they may not suffer as bad.

#1417 52 days ago

People keep forgetting the noobs have no clue what the difference is between a Pro and a Premium until someone points it out... when trying to impress your friends, a Pro machine impresses the local non-pinhead riff raff just as handily as a Premium/LE. If you can live with vitual ball locks, less maintenance, and 2-3k cheaper price, then why not?

For me, just knowing the premium/LE exists makes me pony up the $9499 for my GZ Prem. the topper only stuff hasnt been worth the extra $$$ to me, so aftermarket toppers are my go to, but price crash?

Nah, Stern is just keeping the Pro balls rolling and people are getting hooked on the idea of Home Ownership... you break down the barriers to home ownership, space and cost- Well we hate smaller things (yes you just looked in your shorts and sighed), and so we hate shrinking pinball machines, so the only tool Stern has is reduce that price, so make it cheap as possible but make it play like a premium... pretty easy marching order, mostly.

#1419 52 days ago

Just jumped forward 10 pages. Has it happened yet? I’ll check back here again in a couple of months for the answer.

#1420 51 days ago

I'm more shocked that we haven't seen one pin company go under. There must truly be a market that extends way beyond the Pinside bubble. I've never seen a Metamorphic game in my life. Spooky and American are far and few between. JJP hasn't had a hit in years. Are home buyers gobbling these up? How are these companies staying afloat, much less thriving? Seems fishy to me.

#1421 51 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

How are these companies staying afloat, much less thriving? Seems fishy to me.

Obviously most of these companies are simply a front for certain criminal enterprises; most likely, human trafficking, drugs, or the "deep state."

#1422 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Obviously most of these companies are simply a front for certain criminal enterprises; most likely, human trafficking, drugs, or the "deep state."

Isn't Gary Stern famous for saying something along the lines of "Come on in, the water's cold" as it relates to new pin companies? Well, apparently the water was pretty warm for not one, but several companies to form and "come on in". Sure, pinball grew big time. But how does it support so many companies? It must've grown beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

#1423 51 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Isn't Gary Stern famous for saying something along the lines of "Come on in, the water's cold" as it relates to new pin companies? Well, apparently the water was pretty warm for not one, but several companies to form and "come on in". Sure, pinball grew big time. But how does it support so many companies? It must've grown beyond anyone's wildest imagination.

Yes it's a huge mystery.

Some of the companies are owned by insane billionaires who apparently don't mind losing money.

Spooky I believe survives off insane Wisconsin town tax breaks.

Some of them maybe have signed deals with Satan in blood.

It is crazy. We all keep waiting for SOMEBODY to go out of business but we've received no chum since Deep Root's spectacular demise.

#1424 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes it's a huge mystery.
    Some of the companies are owned by insane billionaires who apparently don't mind losing money.
    It is crazy. We all keep waiting for SOMEBODY to go out of business but we've received no chum since Deep Root's spectacular demise.

It's santa now... and most of us are on good terms.

#1425 51 days ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Link? I can’t see one cheaper than 7600

For future reference, sold means Archived. I guess I should of been more specific and added the link. My bad

#1426 51 days ago
    Quoted from TeamUp:

For future reference, sold means Archived. I guess I should of been more specific and added the link. My bad

those games both sold quickly (the 6200 Foo premium in literally 120 seconds) so again...not representative of the revenge tour crash Ron has doomsayeth.

#1427 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

those games both sold quickly (the 6200 Foo premium in literally 120 seconds) so again...not representative of the revenge tour crash Ron has doomsayeth.

Can't argue or deny the facts. Games all over are being sold way under what they were going for a year ago and the nore priced to sell games are just sitting on the market. Like mine.

#1428 51 days ago
    Quoted from TeamUp:

Can't argue or deny that facts. Games all over are being sold way under what they were going for a year ago.

True, facts cannot be argued nor denied.

We are making serious progress!

#1429 51 days ago

People way overbought FF though, and its been flooding the market since the 4-6 months since release window.

#1430 51 days ago
    Quoted from Whistles:

People way overbought FF though, and its been flooding the market since the 4-6 months since release window.

And yet, prices have stabilized/started to rise again.

There was a 2 week window where you could get Bond or FF pros for under $6k. That window has since closed.

Crash is over!

The only panic games right now are the bad ones nobody wants: venom and Mando.

#1431 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And yet, prices have stabilized/started to rise again.
    There was a 2 week window where you could get Bond or FF pros for under $6k. That window has since closed.
    Crash is over!
    The only panic games right now are the bad ones nobody wants: venom and Mando.

don't say that about my venom LE he's a good boy I swear

#1432 51 days ago

Are you folks implying that the supply and demand of individual machines affects their pricing and may not be an indicator of the whole market for used pinball machines? Just like everything else in the economy? Mind blown.

#1433 51 days ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Are you folks implying that the supply and demand of individual machines affects their pricing and may not be an indicator of the whole market for used pinball machines? Just like everything else in the economy? Mind blown.

Not at all! We are suggesting the bubble has burst, pinball prices have crashed, and Ron is coming to your home to hate buy your late model Sterns for "pennies on the dollar!"

SWEET REVENGE!

Just make sure your boards' serial #s match or he ain't interested!

#1434 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes it's a huge mystery.

Spooky doing just fine at 9k a game.

#1435 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Things half the country seemingly dont care about. What a bunch of odd ducks!

#1436 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True, facts cannot be argued nor denied.
    We are making serious progress!

But who decides what facts are? Open your eyes and do your own research! My 2nd cousin Topher has a podcast with tens of subscribers and he's about to reveal all of the evidence.

#1437 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Theyre all the same thing.

#1438 51 days ago
    Quoted from BubbaPin:

don't say that about my venom LE he's a good boy I swear

Venom "I'm evil, but you're the one who's BAD"

#1439 51 days ago

Don’t worry guys, the resale market is totally stable. Totally. IMG_7062.gifIMG_7062.gif

#1440 51 days ago

Ok, anyone else think FF rode the JD train to over hype and the hopes of cashing in on Steve Grohl's name and people kind of went brain activity flat line and just threw money at this? Kind of like the JD hype train at TPF when he won best homebrew for a uncompleted game? Anyone? Bueller? No?

#1441 51 days ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, anyone else think FF rode the JD train to over hype and the hopes of cashing in on Steve Grohl's name and people kind of went brain activity flat line and just threw money at this? Kind of like the JD hype train at TPF when he won best homebrew for a uncompleted game? Anyone? Bueller? No?

I'm gonna need this restated in English.

#1442 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm gonna need this restated in English.

hey CL, glad to see my english is too twisted for you... you can get the hang of it if you would just not take everything I write as being said through your clenched teeth of superiority.

#1443 51 days ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

hey CL, glad to see my english is too twisted for you... you can get the hang of it if you would just not take everything I write as being said through your clenched teeth of superiority.

Not sure what else other than the wizard mode of FF is going to give us. Interactive topper maybe. Look at the 90's. They were built and sent. A few new ROM's.

I've added pinsound and expressive lighting. 500+? I don't remember. BOM for stern to do that from the factory isn't worth it. Most people wouldn't care or know. Unless you were a pinhead and knew what you were looking at.

I also agree 99% with the earlier post of the people/kids that show up at our house would have NO clue if it was a premium or a pro. Let alone want to even play pinball.

I still love the 90's games though. They're not deep, prices aren't going down. Still Nostalgia for us. STTNG still gets played every time we fire the games up. PURE nostalgia. I have brand new games and a few old ones. Old ones always get played first. Quick, fast, exciting. New games can have some really long ball times. Not that i'm even close to a pro. No 3.5hr jaws event.

We are the people that are keeping the new machines coming and the new innovation. Not our kids. Pretty sure once we in the 40's guys are gone the game will either have to change completely or it will not survive.

It has happened many times in the past. Now that our GenX people can afford a 5-15k machine. Let alone justify it, has made the pinball market what it is today. There's no denying it.

my .02cents

#1444 51 days ago

Someone let me know when Elvira HOH blood red hits 6K.

#1445 51 days ago
    Quoted from nocreditdot:

Someone let me know when Elvira HOH blood red hits 6K.

Did Steve Grohl have anything to do with that game?!

#1446 51 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, they're the fast food tycoons that keep increasing the price of Wendy's to $15 for a lunch!

#1447 51 days ago
    Quoted from SDVmnt:

I also agree 99% with the earlier post of the people/kids that show up at our house would have NO clue if it was a premium or a pro.

I believe this was stated in the context of ‘trying to impress people with your pinball machines’. If that is your goal, you are ‘doing pinball’ all wrong, anyhow, but that is obviously just my opinion.

#1448 51 days ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

I believe this was stated in the context of ‘trying to impress people with your pinball machines’. If that is your goal, you are ‘doing pinball’ all wrong, anyhow, but that is obviously just my opinion.

I’m also lost on this trend in the discussion here. Do people buy LEs because they think other people will be impressed? Newsflash: normal people think you’re a dope for owning one at all.

#1449 51 days ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

LOL not even close. We have way more impressive things to impress people with than pinball. Not to be a dick but it is what it is. Just saying pinball in general isn't something that the younger generation has any interest in.

#1450 51 days ago
    Quoted from SDVmnt:

LOL not even close. We have way more impressive things to impress people with than pinball. Not to be a dick but it is what it is. Just saying pinball in general isn't something that the younger generation has any interest in. If that didn't come across in my post my bad.

There are 1,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-great-pinball-price-crash/page/29?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.