Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo-29.JPG
    photo-30.JPG
    photo-27.JPG
    shadow-03.jpg
    image-219.jpg
    superbands.jpg
    Superbands.jpg
    image-292.jpg
    image.jpg
    Xman.jpg
    image-970.jpg
    image.jpg
    th-2-496.jpeg
    image-114.jpg
    Superbands_on_CV.jpg
    super-band.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfanoz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just got a pair of candy red Super Bands for my T2. So far, I slipped and cut myself a bit but... totally worth it.

Really love how they handle. Wasn't too sure at first but they hug the ball pretty well and are a tiny bit more accurate it seems where you want to go than standard rubber. Anyone else want to put in their .02?

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not embarrassed to admit that I love being able to pick colors to match my machine without worrying that I'm picking something that doesn't bounce right just because I'm in love with purple/green whatever.

I prefer the brighter red in my T2. It pops out. It may not be a huge different between regular rubbers other than a better grip on the ball but I enjoy them. I'll definitely be getting another pair down the road when my flippers need to be redone.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm really surprised that I liked the clear ones...I didn't think I would - but the Super Band guy at Expo gave me some to try for free. I think they look really good on my CV...I think they'd go nice on BOP as well.
    Here's a pic I took when I was trying to decide:

Superbands_on_CV.jpg 115 KB

Those look extremely slick in that too. The clears. It fits with the game perfectly. I'm sure Master Poppadiuk would have gone with something similar back in the day.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

I disagree Neo. The industry has needed innovation in the games' elastomer products for some time now. Polyurethanes regularly replace rubber in virtually all industries thanks to its durability and predictable properties. Super-Bands do indeed "feel" different than rubber on a game. The rebound, on a lab bench in an ASTM test, is the same between 45 "A" red rubber and Super-Bands. Additionally, Super-Bands are far more consistent in these properties than any rubber available.
    The soft red or yellow rubbers play much different than the 65 "A" black rubbers that came standard on all of the DMD-era games. The green and other colored rubbers play drastically different from one another. Hardness ranges from 45 "A" - 65 "A" on flipper rubbers currently and the "grippiness" of them is very inconsistent and in fact changes greatly throughout the life of them. Saying that all rubber plays the same just isn't close to accurate. The only innovation in flipper rubbers in the past 20 or more years is lower cost as most are made in China and the quality is dubious at best.
    Many factors influence the difficulty of a pinball machine's set up. Flipper bands are one of the factors. The type of cleaner or wax on the playfield is a major factor. The sensitivity of the sling shots is also major, along with the outlane configuration. Game pitch, type of rubber rings, type of posts, software settings, etc. also influence the difficulty of any game.
    Super-Bands are being bought by operators at a brisk rate. The lower maintenance of them is appealing. There have been some on route in Pittsburgh for months with 8,000 plus plays with zero wear. The Marco games at Expo were pounded on for four days straight and didn't show a spot of wear.
    Home users like the color choices and many really like the play of them. The play is the same no matter what color you choose. Super-Bands have been featured in major tournaments already and will continue to be in the future. Feedback on this product has been quite positive.
    I'm not sure how this can qualify as a fad.

Gotta be really careful putting them on. Stretch them out a bit. I tried prying one over a bat, thumb slipped and sliced on the the ball lane area. Blood, sweat and tears for the love of the game.

#89 10 years ago

I'll be keeping an eye on mine, so far, so good. Theyre less than a week old. I would guess bad batch as well. I'm sure you could get a refund or new pair if you requested it.

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I prestreched them and they are still are a major pain.
    Will go eat some Wheaties and see if that helps... Seriously its the one aspect I hate about these is install, the play great or I would have dumped them.

As I said, you definitely have to pre-stretch them a bit. I had my apron off as I was fixing the gate in the ball trough area and sliced my thumb on the metal stretching it over the bat as my hand slipped. *cut thumbs up*
    The method mentioned to put them on the base of the bat and push forward with your thumbs is the best way to do it.

I love them though, so far, so good.

#149 10 years ago
    Quoted from DirtySouth:

I'm afraid I'm going to damage the playfield or bend the rod by doing what you describe.

Yeah, you never want to bend your rod. http://instantrimshot.com/

Seriously, I was nervous about this too but they are in there solid. And my flippers act fine.

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I was a tard and only purchased two each for HS2 and STTNG at Expo.....DOH! Just got the remaining two from PL (along with some other crap).

You can't NOT get other stuff while you're there. It's like going to Wal Mart for a few groceries and coming back with a new 42" HDTV with them.

#160 10 years ago

Will have to try that. That's a great idea and would probably save me from getting stitches.

#162 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The worst injury I ever had while working on a machine happened just like this. I had the apron off and was putting on a rubber, when my hand slipped. Put a pretty large gash in my hand.

Thank goodness I have a bit of native blood (thicker skin) or it could have been a lot worse.

#220 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Super-Bands are made by JCS Pinball, Cranberry Township, PA, USA......PAPA used them on some games this year at the 2013 World Championships. PAPA analyzes each game individually to decide on set-up and parts, rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.

Gotta be honest. Love having CoinTaker and these guys right in my backyard. Makes for super fast shipping (a day or so) as well.

4 weeks later
    #303 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Yes. It took Herculean strength with a rig clamped to a table to get them on ... but they're on:

image-219.jpg 264 KB

HAHAHAH It does take some muscle. I thought I was going to break the flipper bat putting them on my T2. But they look and function great!

#304 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

I have already put the minis on my Safecracker and they fit fine.
    Howie

A game I'd love to play. Heard so much about it, never seen one in person.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfanoz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-bands-thoughts?tu=Wolfanoz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.