(Topic ID: 352398)

Stranger things (difference between 2019 and 2023 runs?)

By Moeman65

63 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by Moeman65
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 63 days ago

Is there any difference in the 2019 and the 2023 run of Stranger Things? Any features, modifications or technical upgrades? Interested in getting one but don't know which run is the best to get. I want to get the Premium model.

#2 63 days ago

No insider connect
Premium has differences. Not sure on the pro

#3 63 days ago

As posted by someone who just got one , shit clearcoat

#4 63 days ago

The TK lock has been updated on the 2023 run. There is code in the 1.11 (?) specifically for these changes. Not sure if someone with a 2019 run machine has the latest code, and those adjustments do anything. The Demogorgan was also modified I believe. New projector model as well on the 2023 run.

I owned a 2019 run, and have a 2023 now. I would recommend the 2023 by a wide margin. The updated done to the TK lock are night and day difference. That alone makes the difference for me. Good luck on your search.

#5 63 days ago
Quoted from jk2171:

The TK lock has been updated on the 2023 run. There is code in the 1.11 (?) specifically for these changes. Not sure if someone with a 2019 run machine has the latest code, and those adjustments do anything. The Demogorgan was also modified I believe. New projector model as well on the 2023 run.
I owned a 2019 run, and have a 2023 now. I would recommend the 2023 by a wide margin. The updated done to the TK lock are night and day difference. That alone makes the difference for me. Good luck on your search.

What is thr TK lock? Thank you for this info.

#6 63 days ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

What is thr TK lock? Thank you for this info.

TK lock is the mechanism at the top of the left ramp on the Premium, and LE. It locks the balls to the backboard until Telekinesis Multiball is achieved. On the Pro, the balls are virtually locked (stopped on the ramp by an up post, then released). On the new Premiums you can adjust the number of balls that are allowed to lock on the backboard which may help with the finicky third ball locking. I have my game set to lock 2 balls physically, then the 3rd is locked by the up post.

#7 63 days ago
Quoted from jk2171:

TK lock is the mechanism at the top of the left ramp on the Premium, and LE. It locks the balls to the backboard until Telekinesis Multiball is achieved. On the Pro, the balls are virtually locked (stopped on the ramp by an up post, then released). On the new Premiums you can adjust the number of balls that are allowed to lock on the backboard which may help with the finicky third ball locking. I have my game set to lock 2 balls physically, then the 3rd is locked by the up post.

Thank you so very much!!! I appreciate your time and input.

#8 62 days ago

Crap play fields on most new ones. Tk lock can only reliably lock two balls on most new machines. My tuned old machine will do three and a triangle every time as opposed to a chain on most occasions...the graphic placement of the hand is incorrect on new model based on "tk lock upgrade" (where they moved the tk lock arm closer in to take advantage of more kinetic energy from a moving ball) but didn't have the insight or desire to modify the backboard graphic for that move. Several reports of new 12v boards failing on new "upgraded projectors". Usual quality control issues at stern on new releases (projector tuning issues missing parts etc.) Drop target issues on new machines as opposed to old. New machines have issues with the insider connect position with the new uv kit that has no provision for the scanner (because the uv kit is based on the old machine before the scanner was fully implemented). All in all this game is a hodge podge of new and old and it's probably a wash in the end. Personally id find an older machine...but that's just me.

#9 62 days ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Crap play fields on most new ones. Tk lock can only reliably lock two balls on most new machines. My tuned old machine will do three and a triangle every time as opposed to a chain on most occasions...the graphic placement of the hand is incorrect on new model based on "tk lock upgrade" (where they moved the tk lock arm closer in to take advantage of more kinetic energy from a moving ball) but didn't have the insight or desire to modify the backboard graphic for that move. Several reports of new 12v boards failing on new "upgraded projectors". Usual quality control issues at stern on new releases (projector tuning issues missing parts etc.) Drop target issues on new machines as opposed to old. New machines have issues with the insider connect position with the new uv kit that has no provision for the scanner (because the uv kit is based on the old machine before the scanner was fully implemented). All in all this game is a hodge podge of new and old and it's probably a wash in the end. Personally id find an older machine...but that's just me.

Bump

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
South Burlington, VT
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.