Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_2050.JPG
Star Trek.jpg
train-wreck.jpg
REDNECK.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 10 years ago

ST LE is definitely a cool machine.

I think the shots may become a little tiresome for me in home ownership over the years, because of how easy they all are to backhand, but that appears to be that current recipe for popular title: straightforward generic layout, Left/right ramps and loops all backhandable and easy shots, money shot up the middle, lots of bling lighting, dream nerd/music theme. I suppose they will stick to this formula until it runs dry.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

so how does an LCD make this pin any funner? This is a pinball machine not a video game...

It would just fit with the theme so much better than a 20 year old display.

You know how everything in Star Trek is so futuristic, sharp, clean and modern? A high-def color lcd display with cut scenes and animated images would've been awesome. Instead it's a vastly outdated dot display... not exactly state of the art and certainly not futuristic.

I like the DMDs fine, and I totally get the old "you don't play the display" thing. But I really appreciate the need for more modern display devices. In many themes, like ACDC/Metallica, the display being dots matters very little. With a brand new special effects heavy movie license, however? A color display would've fit the theme and the game so much better. Alas it was not to be.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Santeh:

I understand. For a noob like me, being able to actually be successful in a backhand shot is a godsend and actually makes me feel like I am not an "F" level pinball player <--- Yes, it is fun that a pin makes me a delusionally decent pinball player for a short time.

The layout is very noob-friendly. That's not to say it's easy, because you still have the main multiball qualifying on targets, and all the stuff up the middle, which requires dead ball control. But the main shots themselves, the ramps and spinner loop, are all easily backhanded. Just an observation on the possibility of the main 'hook' shots of the game being very easy may lessen the staying power of the machine down the road... only time will tell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stle-home-run?tu=mechslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.