(Topic ID: 6333)

Stern/Jersey Jack Employees who are Pinside Members???

By dnhayden

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF0057.jpg
    DSCF1475.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    DSCF1490.jpg
    Lights.JPG
    DSC03186.jpg
    DSCF1856.jpg
    DSCF1524.jpg
    2hills_05-04.jpg
    TinFoilHat_puton.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I wonder how many Jersey Jack/Stern employees are actually Pinside.com members and if they are open about it, or if they have to stay incognito and are just trying to get the latest pinball buzz. Just a thought.

#2 12 years ago

Pinball-Keefer is Keith Johnson from JJP. Other than that, I don't know of any members who are affiliated with either company. I think some may lurk, but not post. That's just speculation though...

#3 12 years ago

also, any job positions available???

#4 12 years ago

jarjar,Keefer is the only one I know of for sure,but you gotta bet/know others are here,as well as at all of the other sites.
    Guys,let yourself be known,all are welcome.

#5 12 years ago

I'm the executive director of playfield acquisitions for JJP. It's a fun job. I just have to make sure that I always have very hard wood!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from TJ141:

also, any job positions available???

Indeed. If they need any virtualization/SAN/DB administrators I'm game!

Quoted from v8torino:

jarjar,Keefer is the only one I know of for sure,but you gotta bet/know others are here,as well as at all of the other sites.

Yeah, I suspect some others hang around to keep tabs on things, but probably don't post at all. George Gomez if you're out there, feel free to post. We won't pester you with (too) many questions.

#7 12 years ago

gweem,Don't open that can of worms,or we will have to have Salma spank you !

#8 12 years ago

Of coarse they do its not only their business its their hobby also and since
    there are two pin companys producing pins they have see to what guys like us
    talk about the likes and the dislikes.That's how they stay one step ahead.

#9 12 years ago

I'm actually Gary Stern*

*(or not)

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'm actually Gary Stern*
    *(or not)

I knew it.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm the executive director of playfield acquisitions for JJP. It's a fun job. I just have to make sure that I always have very hard wood!

L M A O right now!

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'm actually Gary Stern*
    *(or not)

That actually explains a lot...with the amount of posts for the Marco gift card that is...

#13 12 years ago

Hmm, did anyone else notice this:

coasterguy

makes

gary ste u co

'u' is an upside down 'n' and 'c' and 'o' could easily form an 'r' together

Hmm...

So my hypothesis: Coasterguy is really Gary Stern

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

So my hypothesis: Coasterguy is really Gary Stern

I noticed that too!

#15 12 years ago

They probably have more lurkers than out in the open pinside frequent posters.

What better way to see how people really feel about your product than to lurk on
    message boards and take it all in without saying a single word.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I just have to make sure that I always have very hard wood!

Nice, you can even use a stage name here!

#17 12 years ago

But coaster guy has no Stern pins in his collection - you think hes that undercover he wont put a stern in the line up - thats really sneeky

fess up coasterguy, I mean Gary

#18 12 years ago

lol

TinFoilHat_puton.jpgTinFoilHat_puton.jpg

#19 12 years ago

I wish there was a way to actually get in touch with some of these guys without seeming like a stalker or fanboy. No really, we all have some pretty sweet Ideas and some wicked themes that really need to be made. Its just too bad it seems like most of the time no one is really listening to what fans/hobbiests/collectors want or deserve.

I know pins are built with revenue in mind, but it would be nice to maybe finally get a original theme out there, even if it low production. or just a special collectors edition. Hell it would still probably sell more than the Rolling stones or wheel of fortune. I actually think if done right, a original pin could bring in more than any themed pin. Originality is dead, and we need it back.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Its just too bad it seems like most of the time no one is really listening to what fans/hobbiests/collectors want or deserve.

I do not agree with that. I think JJP is listening and that is making Stern listen as well.

#21 12 years ago

I've contacted George Gomez a few times and he has kindly replied.
    What a nice guy!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

I know pins are built with revenue in mind, but it would be nice to maybe finally get a original theme out there, even if it low production. or just a special collectors edition. Hell it would still probably sell more than the Rolling Stones or Wheel of Fortune. I actually think if done right, a original pin could bring in more than any themed pin. Originality is dead, and we need it back. []

When BBB was re-built there were not many takers.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

When BBB was re-built there were not many takers.

If there was another rerun of BBB or even MM, at the $5000 price it was going for then, how many would jump on that now?

Quoted from absocountry2:

I do not agree with that. I think JJP is listening and that is making Stern listen as well.

I think they may be listening, as far as some newer themes go for popularity, but Stern definately has been lacking on the design (reusing Playfields) and artistic quality lately (specifically art, photoshop is NOT art). And JJ has yet to be seen, but it sounds like it will be there, and at least there is some new innovation there as well.

I don't mean to bash Stern, some of their games are good, even great. But looks wise they are almost all pretty terrible as of late. It disappoints me, because my point is, WE deserve better!

#24 12 years ago

Me LOVE

2hills_05-04.jpg2hills_05-04.jpg

#25 12 years ago

AND

DSCF1524.jpgDSCF1524.jpg DSCF1856.jpgDSCF1856.jpg DSC03186.jpgDSC03186.jpg

#26 12 years ago

I have been all over the country riding most of the best coasters ever built. Coasterguy

#27 12 years ago

We are amused that you like coasters but...give it to us straight...and you live in IL...come on!

#28 12 years ago

And

Lights.JPGLights.JPG DSCF1490.jpgDSCF1490.jpg IMG_0377.jpgIMG_0377.jpg

#29 12 years ago

Career Change?

#30 12 years ago

More

IMG_0386.jpgIMG_0386.jpg DSCF1475.jpgDSCF1475.jpg DSCF0057.jpgDSCF0057.jpg

#31 12 years ago

Ok I'm done.

#32 12 years ago

Are you saying you want a new Cyclone?

#33 12 years ago

I'm surprised you don't have a Rollercoaster Tycoon in the collection coaster. Although, I am not a huge fan of the game.

#34 12 years ago

Valley Fair, in MN. Very old Wood frame coaster. It was awesome. I think they still have it. It felt like it was going to fall apart everytime you were on it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sternjersey-jack-employees-who-are-pinside-members and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.