Topic Stats

• 493 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

520-5318-00C Schematics.pdf (PDF preview)
    520-5321-00C Damage (resized).jpg
    20231219_014212 (resized).jpg
    520-5321-00C-Schematic-ELG-Node-Board.pdf (PDF preview)
    pasted_image (resized).png
    distri 48 (resized).png
    power distri (resized).png
    520-5321-00 Rev C Damage (resized).jpg
    520-5321-00C-Schematic-ELG-Node-Board (1).pdf (PDF preview)
    449c7152735c92a1d5955972e59e167599aec98f (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #147 Link to individual Stern PDFs of Spike schematics Posted by HighVoltage (5 years ago)

Post #171 PDF of the available schematics. Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Post #411 Fault and current measurements go to the microcontroller. Posted by mbwalker (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwredmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#464 8 months ago

So I've now had my first node board (nodefailure on my Aerosmith. 520-7017-72 node board. I have the the 48V LED on the board but not the 6V and the board does not boot. Removed all connectors but the bus cable and power (CN6) and result is the same. I've been poking around here and it seems a reasonably common failure mode but I haven't seen much troubleshooting guidance.

Looks like Stern has now replaced this with the 520-1057-40 board. Should I just go with the new board? Am reluctant to swap without understanding the problem. And I'm used to doing my own board repairs (at least on classic pre-spike stuff).

Any thoughts on specific troubleshoot steps for the 6V on the board? Or is anyone here repairing them? And am I going to need to invest in a hot air station to work on these boards? Just feeling a bit lost at the moment.

Randy

4 weeks later
    #470 7 months ago

To get Aerosmith back up and running while I try to repair the old node board (D9 was definitely shorted but replacing it alone did not resolve), I went ahead and purchased a new node board. I got the newer 520-1057-00 (Green) node board as replacement for the old 520-7017-72 (blue) board.

Supposed to be plug compatible but I I was surprised to find that the CN6 header is not keyed...all 5 pins are in place. Pin 2 is supposed to be the key pin. Maybe just overlooked in the manufacturing process? I can just cut the pin off of course, but was curious if anyone else had seen this? Just seemed odd to me.

Randy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rwredmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-schematics-coming-this-month?tu=rwredmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.