(Topic ID: 217226)

Star Wars Pro is ranked at 157? GoT Pro is 113?

By Jgel

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago

It's simple enough. Both SW and GoT have non-standard layouts without many toys and innovative rulesets that diverge from what most players initially expect. Anyone who goes to an arcade and plays one a few times expecting the rules to work the same way other games do is going to have a bad time, and combined with a very popular theme, are going to be angry and go home to post a bad review on pinside.

Quoted from frunch:

While that may act as a somewhat useful filter, i tend to think people who own games likely do so *because* they like them. I don't know how much objectivity you'll find in such a case. Some games probably are better suited for a home environment, though. If the rule sets are that confusing or vague, i can see why more casual players (or less experienced ones) could walk away unimpressed.

A lot of people who own the games will later sell them if they don't like them, so I don't think it would be as skewed as you expect (though it would be some). Even just a 'did you play this in public in in a home' question could bear very different reviews, but at the same time if someone is looking at the top 100 looking at a game to buy, then reviews from people who played a game once at a show aren't going to be very applicable to them. Being able to filter one way or another (owns/owned vs didn't own) would be interesting to compare to say the least.

Quoted from Jgel:

decided to check where it is on the list... 157? I can't believe that the Pinside members placed this game out of the top 150? Game of Thrones Pro is at 113?

EDIT:

wait, where are you seeing this? SW is ranked 25 and GOT 38?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

Not sure where things are getting confusing. Please look at the rankings for Star Wars Pro and Game of Thrones Pro and let me know where they fall when you look at them? I believe I mentioned PRO 3 or 4 times in my initial post. Maybe caps lock would help. THIS IS ABOUT THE RANKINGS ON THE PRO MODEL.

The only rating on the pro model's page is the group rating. Your ratings don't appear anywhere that I can find.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

IF you look at the top 100, the Pro and LE/Premium are grouped together with the rank based on the higher score which is always the LE/Premium. If you click on the “<show game group” below the main title, you should see the breakout of the Pro and LE/Premium.

Yes, but no positions?

1 week later
#54 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No! Love them as a team. SR speed with Dwight’s crazy rules.
Also TWD is AMAZING but most of the modes are just hit this shot over and over which is the same shot that started the mode. Boring, but somehow that doesn’t take away from how amazing it is.

+1 to that. I love how Dwight's modes make you actually learn the shots and sequences needed to complete them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-is-ranked-at-157-got-is-113?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.