(Topic ID: 108456)

Star Trek differences between LE vs. Premium??

By Beez

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

004.JPG
006.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

The difference is the Premium is actually limited, and the LE isn't.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Does the premium have the apron lights? I don't see it mentioned in that chart, but I didn't look that close either...

Yeah, same apron as the LE. Only "playfield" things it doesn't have are the side lights on the inside of the cab.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I saw that Translate and decal kit ... you are right ... amazing.

Thanks man. I'm about to order some more prints for the waiting list people. I'll probably have a few extra from that if you get the game and decide you want it.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Not sure what you mean by that. Stern has undoubtedly made more than 799 Premiums.

I actually highly doubt that. I don't obviously know, simply guessing, but I'd be very surprised to hear it was even close to that.

#25 9 years ago

I've never seen a mirrored translite, does such a beast even exist? I guess with the mirrored ink that's being used now it could be done as a spot color ...

#32 9 years ago

I'm basing my guess on more than Pinside.

There's a reason TWD didn't have a Premium, no Premium since AC/DC has had good sales. That's a fact straight from Stern. I don't obviously have numbers, but 800 Premiums? I say not even close.

#37 9 years ago

I could never go to a Pro after having my Premium, I love the upgrades way too much. Are they "worth" it? Eh, probably not. You can't really say it has $x more in features with a straight face. But it's personally worth it to me, it makes me love the machine way more.

Nothing at all wrong with the Pro! Plays just fine. But when I play one now it feels plain and decontented in comparison.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I don't care for the "Swooshy" look of the Enterprise. It looks amateurish.
I also think the cabinet graphics are superior on the Premium because it's an iconic scene from the movie, with the massive Vengeance bearing down on the Enterprise. Sums up the major feature of the pin perfectly.
Of course, it's just my opinion, but a Premium with Aurich's custom translite is aesthetically the best.
I can also see some modders making the side armor for Premiums someday. The code is shared between the two, so no reason why something similar to Stern's can't be created.

I like the LE backglass, if I had bought an LE I wouldn't have been motivated to do my own. Plus mirroring always rules.

I just wanted the ship, and not headshots. Now I don't have a single actor on my Premium, and that's cool with me.

I do think though that the new JJ Enterprise is tough to do, there's a lot of angles it doesn't look that great from. It's really narrow and long and a little awkward. That's why I decided to do mine like you were looking up at it from the underside, like it was straining up against the storm of asteroids. Gives it a little more weight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-differences-between-le-vs-premium?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.