• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

st_t.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Is there enough Kirk in this machine?

I heard there are call outs from Scotty and Bones but no Spock or Kirk...

Is this true? And as a huge fanatic of the original series does it carry enough substance and theme to carry?

I looked at the playfield and saw some great art including Yeoman (wink wink...) but was wondering if this carries enough?

#2 10 years ago

The play field is really nice. But you will be disappointed in the callouts. I can't recall exactly what callouts it has, but I do recall that there isn't many. Artwork was done well and that's it in my book.

#3 10 years ago

Does the gameplay compare to TFTC? I own that machine and love the depth.

#4 10 years ago

95% scotty. A few others here and there. I have one, like it--but not real deep. Transporter is way cool though

#5 10 years ago

It is nearly all Scotty with a few Bones call-outs, there is a "live long and prosper" but I believe the voice is a Data East employee. The playfield and translite artwork is exceptional, there are images of the Gorn, Captain Pike, Evil Spock from Mirror, Mirror, etc. It definitely isn't a deep machine, I would say TFTC is quite a bit deeper. The transporter and rope light are both cool.

Brad

#6 10 years ago

And my rope light actually works! Plus, i have some cool ship add on mods in mine, and LEDs

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The playfield and translite artwork is exceptional, there are images of the Gorn, Captain Pike, Evil Spock from Mirror, Mirror, etc

You had me at Gorn....

Hmm.... need more opinions from Trek fans.

#8 10 years ago

I did make one modification to my machine, I met Mr. William Shatner this weekend and had him sign the translite (see below).

Brad

st_t.jpgst_t.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Nowhere near as good as TFTC. I think it's a great game to look at and the transporter is cool. It's fun to go over the playfield and pick out characters from classic episodes. There are no Kirk or Spock call outs and after awhile, with limited space, the gameplay just wasn't where it needed to be for us to keep it. As a Star Trek fan, I do think it's fun, and if I had more room I would have kept it, FWIW.

#10 10 years ago

Ghost,
That makes a ton of sense. So it sounds like a house guest for a while at best.

#11 10 years ago

Jellikit,

I am jealous. Kirk rules no matter if he's commanding a starship, or sitting in a diner with a devil headed fortune teller, or freaking on a plane, ready to take down a gremlin.

#12 10 years ago

Yes, Nick of Time and Nightmare at 20,000 feet, both two classic Twilight Zone episodes! We saw his one-man show (Shatner's World, we just live in it) earlier this year and it was very entertaining. The ST25 machine is a good machine, but as has been noted it works best in a larger collection.

Brad

#13 10 years ago

Hey Brad,

How large of a collection would you say? As you see I know my Shatnerism's so i am wondering how far my love for the show would go with it's relative shallowness?

#14 10 years ago

Now that is a good question, I only have 4 machines now with a few others to soon be added. I would say in part it would depend on how good and determined a player you (or those in your house who will be playing) are. As I am not one that can readily get to Alien Invasion in TSPP or such, so machines with limited depth might not bother me as much as others. All of that being said, I would think in a collection of 6 or more machines an owner wouldn't question it being there. I know it is relative and everyone has their own opinions, but that is probably where I would start.

Brad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 11.00
Playfield - Decals
RGP Models

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-25th-anniversarykirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.