(Topic ID: 158176)

Sorcerer Left Sling locked on

By mof

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So, after my Sorcerer playfield swap last fall, I somehow earned a left sling that stays locked on. I just de-soldered the solenoid last fall, and played without it for 6 months... No biggie, but now I have time to face it, and fix it. It worked fine pre playfield swap.

I have a friend over and we are starting to troubleshoot.

Will post findings here.

Note: I have an *extra* playfield here I can use to help isolate.

-mof

schematics should be up here: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2242

#2 8 years ago

First question. Why are the wires exiting the slings Orange/color and Black?

When I review the switch matrix table they are green/color and white/color.

I see the *same thing* on my spare populated playfield.

thanks...
-mof

#3 8 years ago

Ok we figured that out -- the orange/color ones on the actual switches are special solenoid switches.

The green/color white/color wires are on the switch that closes AFTER the solenoid fires.

-mof

#5 8 years ago

When examining the boards, we could see that Q75 and Q74 2n4491 and Tip102 had been replaced. Guess it was time to do it again.

Replaced 'em and we are back in business.

Strangely -- they tested fine off the board.

-mof

#6 8 years ago

Is it locked on as soon as you turn the game on or only when you start a game? If it's the latter, I had the same issue and it turned out to be a bad logic chip (which was luckily socketed). If it's the former it has to be a short somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-left-sling-locked-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.