Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 341 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Road Rage (resized).jpg
    20180630_071337 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20190404_230020 (resized).png
    20190404_180829 (resized).jpg
    3a65885acb08a13287adcf30b15b5b94d99a8196 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    126A6746-65CC-484F-945D-F12AF6AEF360 (resized).jpeg
    8E1C1E26-7566-4A4E-88DF-0AA068AD03E3 (resized).jpeg
    254657638789489458934782376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3364 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3365 (resized).JPG
    srt8 (resized).jpg
    Buford T.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-08-60 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 5 years ago

You were driving way too fast and putting other peoples lives in danger. How would you like it if your wife and kids would have been traveling that stretch of highway and two assholes go ripping past them at 100 plus mph? I think you got off easy, should have been reckless operation and you should have been arrested and had your car towed.

I am not trying to sound like a dick and i have done the exact same thing many times, but thats when i was young and stupid. I am now older and wiser and i realize the bad things that can happen in situations like that. Just be a man and pay the ticket and grow up while you're at it and think about other peoples lives. You could have killed a small child or someones family. Take your car to the drag strip and run the shit out of it there, not on public roads.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

My last ticket was in Oregon at 11pm on a 170 miles straight line, with me and myself on the road, I got clocked at 105 mph, there are cases were speed limits make no sense, and I do believe it should be up to the cop's judgment to decide if you are doing something wrong or not, and not be based on the commission he gets off of your ticket.

Well i can understand why a guy thinks its ok to drive 105mph also thinks that cops get commission on the tickets that they write. Are you f*cking serious dude, do you honestly believe that cops get commission?

Its never ok to drive 105mph and theres probably not a cop in this world that would let you go with just a warning. Hard to believe any adult can be that dumb but the world is full of Dummies so nothing surprises me anymore.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Plenty of law enforcement departments in the country are funded by speeding tickets. Some states divide it up with the local DA’s office and some even give a slice of the action to the judge’s courtroom.
    The user you quoted was speaking of this practice, not the cop personally getting a commission (that was a bit of hyperbole)...though, and I guess you need to sit down for this, that happens too...those camera tickets people get...some of that revenue goes to the private companies that lease the speeding cameras and not all to the state. That is the same as a private commission on a speeding ticket.

Sorry i do not believe it and he actually did say that the cops get commission whether it was hyperbole or not, and i personally don't think it was hyperbole either.

None of this really matters though. My only point is NOBODY should be driving over 100mph on public roads. You can defend it all you want but if some asshole comes down my street doing 100mph im chasing the son of a bitch down and its probably not going to end well for one of us. Same goes for anyone ANYWHERE that puts my family in danger, interstate, neighborhood, i dont give a F.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

You sound like a lovely guy, not sure there is much point to start a discussion there.

I am a lovely guy, i can be an asshole too. I use to race cars dude for many years so i know a little bit about driving fast. I also know how dangerous 100mph is.

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Wow. Last time I got a 20 over ticket I was told the max fine possible for speeding in AZ was $240. The catch is the cop has the choice to take you to jail or not on a 20 over ticket. That was a long time ago though. That’s an crazy high fine. Glad I don’t live or drive in Georgia.

Well when you're driving 100mph its no longer considered speeding, its considered stupid and reckless, especially when you are in a fit of rage with another driver.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

100mph with the right car (an audi a7 in my case) on a desert straight road with no one, no ditch, no walls and no ice is not dangerous.

Technically you are probably right, but then you have things like tires blowing out, something breaks on the car etc. The bottom line it you just shouldn't do it on public roads because sometimes unexpected things happen. The laws are also for your safety as well. You say 100 is ok, what if someone else says 200 is ok? Well we all know that is not ok. 100mph is just too fast and theres no reason to ever drive that fast unless you are the trucking company that is bringing my Munsters game.

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I agree with you and that is exactly where the Officer judgment should play an objective role. Is 100 decent, is the car in good condition, was there a threat to anyone etc...
    Which goes to my second point, the Officer cannot be objective because his payroll brings a bias.
    I’m also quite sure for this reason that going 90 or even 85 would have got me a speeding ticket too, I was his only client that night it really was a desert road.

If you knew me you would probably pee your pants laughing at my lecture because i used to be one of the craziest people you have ever seen behind the wheel if a car and on motorcycles but like i said thats when i was young. I think that's why im kind of hardcore about this because i dont want people doing the stuff that i did. I have no clue how i survived it all.

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveKnowsAll:

there is nothing inherently reckless in driving a modern car at 100 mph.

Absolutely i mean what could possibly go wrong if everyone on the interstate was driving 100mph? I see no danger in that at all.

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

You are right, nowhere in the world do people routinely drive at or over 100 MPH on the interstate.

You dont live in "the world", you live in the United States of America. We have laws here, follow them or move to Germany.

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from Beebl:

If everyone was going 100mph on the highway, paying 100% attention to driving and stopped texting, taking pictures, eating dinner or smoking i think it would be safer than they are right now. Computers doing the driving seems very likely to fix this problem and save lives.

You are 100% correct but unfortunately people will always be doing other things while driving. The texting is what pisses me off and i have no doubt that the dumbass that hit me on my motorcycle was texting. I would love to see some very harsh penalties for texting and driving. Its literally a much bigger problem than people drinking and driving right now.

Im also all for computers driving our cars. Its a much safer alternative than the dumbass people we have that are doing the driving thats for sure.

#247 5 years ago

Im not trying to argue Bob, im just saying that you have to have speed limits. Certain people driving certain cars 100mph is probably nothing, but then you have Joe Dumbass that wants to come down I-75 in his old Nova or whatever and kills a bunch of people. There are definitely many variables to consider but the laws have to apply to everyone equally.

Im not trying to be a dick or anything but im older now and realize the dangers. I have done more street racing than 99% of the people on this forum and ive done a lot of stupid shit in cars and on motorcycles. We don't think about the dangers when we are younger but now that im older i look back on the shit that i did and just shake my head and wonder how the hell i survived it.

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

This is common. I haven't told my kids 80% of the dumb stuff I did as a teen that should have gotten me killed or injured seriously. Don't want them getting any ideas...

I hear ya Vic....some things are best left untold lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-got-a-1132-speeding-ticket-in-georgia?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.