Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 341 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Road Rage (resized).jpg
    20180630_071337 (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    20190404_230020 (resized).png
    20190404_180829 (resized).jpg
    3a65885acb08a13287adcf30b15b5b94d99a8196 (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    126A6746-65CC-484F-945D-F12AF6AEF360 (resized).jpeg
    8E1C1E26-7566-4A4E-88DF-0AA068AD03E3 (resized).jpeg
    254657638789489458934782376 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3364 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3365 (resized).JPG
    srt8 (resized).jpg
    Buford T.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-13-08-60 (resized).png
    There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #302 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Just discovering the Valentine, I've been looking for a reliable one for a while, reliable as in that rings at the right time but doesn't ring all the time for no reasons. It's not cheap, but probably worth it.
    How good is it ?

It's no joke. I've had plenty of the higher end Passport's etc. but the Valentine 1 especially with the new technology is great. Buy the V1 connection and adjust your bands for your areas and avoid extra false's. You can even program out local false traps by GPS locations as well.

#303 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I have no problem with someone who wants to go slow. Just not in the passing lane. That is what the right hand lane is for. The left is not an "I want to casually drive at 56 MPH in this lane for about 13 miles or so." lane. Especially when they are perfectly matching the speed of the driver in the middle and right lane. They you get behind a rolling wall that effectively blocks off everyone who wants to get around the jerk on the left. I love how they sometimes ignore the horn or the high beams instead of just moving over to the right. I wish that I could build a realistic looking rocket launcher and stick it out the window aimed at their car to see if that would make them move over. Honk Honk! That's it. Look in your rear view mirror jackass. Do I have your attention now? Move the F*** over.

Agreed. On the other hand, if I'm doing 76 and passing a guy doing 72, and you speed up on my bumper because you're doing 90 and then start flashing your headlights or lay on the horn because you had to tap the brakes, I'm going to be annoyed. And will probably take my time finishing my pass, because fuck that. In other words, the passing lane is for passing and should be used as such, but if you assume the passing lane is the "I never have to slow down" lane, you're bound to be disappointed.

#304 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed. On the other hand, if I'm doing 76 and passing a guy doing 72, and you speed up on my bumper because you're doing 90 and then start flashing your headlights or lay on the horn because you had to tap the brakes, I'm going to be annoyed. And will probably take my time finishing my pass, because fuck that. In other words, the passing lane is for passing and should be used as such, but if you assume the passing lane is the "I never have to slow down" lane, you're bound to be disappointed.

Amen!!!

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed.

#306 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I totally agree with your statement. I could give a shit if you are going 1 mph over. Go for it. Take your time, just pass and move over in a reasonable amount of time. I also don't expect someone to jump in the first small gap to move over either...I don't.

It's worse for me when cars approach me coming up from the rear (usually me driving at 79 on cc, but passing on the left occasionally). I move over and then they match my speed in my blind spot. Without dropping cruise or accelerating I eventually get boxed in. It's easy to go fast with someone leading the way.

#307 5 years ago

Someone needs to build a good radar Jammer. Yes they are illegal but who cares.

#308 5 years ago

Waze. The only time it doesn't show me where a cop is is when I'm the first to see him. It's gold. We'll see how long that lasts, though...

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Waze. The only time it doesn't show me where a cop is is when I'm the first to see him. It's gold. We'll see how long that lasts, though...

Unfortunately WAZE handles the important part - navigation - terribly. Hope you like being told your exit is coming up as you speed right past it!

#310 5 years ago

Has anyone tried that ? : https://www.stealthveil.com/

They say it's a coat layer to put on the license plate and front lights, where the Lidar is sighted at, that will absorb the laser beam. Since it's passive and invisible, it should lower the odds to get caught for the FCC ban on jamming systems.

But that's a lot of "Should" so before spending 100$, I'm wondering if anyone tried it !

#311 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

They say it's a coat layer to put on the license plate and front lights, where the Lidar is sighted at, that will absorb the laser beam. Since it's passive and invisible, it should lower the odds to get caught for the FCC ban on jamming systems.
    But that's a lot of "Should" so before spending 100$, I'm wondering if anyone tried it !

ever try just not driving like an ass?

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Yep and I fell asleep and almost killed someone

(ps : It’s a joke, no need to double jump me)

#313 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

If it worked that well why wouldn't they just make stealth planes out of it instead of spending all that money on angles and creating new absorbent materials..... Obviously a little tongue and cheek but I am always leery of those coating type of things that claim miraculous results. It would be pretty incredible indeed if it could truly absorb 100% of a light beam.

#314 5 years ago

I guess congratulations are in order for exceeding the speed limit. Congratulations.

#315 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If it worked that well why wouldn't they just make stealth planes out of it instead of spending all that money on angles and creating new absorbent materials..... Obviously a little tongue and cheek but I am always leery of those coating type of things that claim miraculous results. It would be pretty incredible indeed if it could truly absorb 100% of a light beam.

I'm not saying these coatings work but infrared light is a whole lot different that an active radar signal.

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I doubt it absorbs 100% of the light beam, probably more a portion of it, maybe enough to be effective at a long range, probably less the close you get to the source. So it might help a bit for these long straight desert roads, but the hidden cop right after a curve will probably still cost you a bill.

#317 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Going over the speed limit is "driving like an ass" in your opinion?
    I would have to disagree, there are soooooo many other things that would qualify as driving like an ass

#318 5 years ago

I believe Iowa had 100 mph speed limits in the '50's and early '60's. This was before consumer tires and suspensions were so advanced.
    I don't think the Hawkeye State wanted people driving like asses.....

#320 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Going over the speed limit is "driving like an ass" in your opinion?
    I would have to disagree, there are soooooo many other things that would qualify as driving like an ass

On a public road, while wanting people who are going the legal speed are "in your way" yes.

#321 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

I doubt it absorbs 100% of the light beam, probably more a portion of it, maybe enough to be effective at a long range, probably less the close you get to the source. So it might help a bit for these long straight desert roads, but the hidden cop right after a curve will probably still cost you a bill.

I've read that bright lights can be effective at preventing a good read, but I don't think that's the case with the newest tech. Here's a pretty good read on the subject.

https://www.vortexradar.com/2017/11/police-laser/

2 weeks later
    #322 4 years ago

Pay up. That sucks

#323 4 years ago

Have you received your Super Speeder love letter yet? More important, has your insurance COmpaNy CONtacted you yet?

A thousand bucks unreported fine and $5-800 for a Lawyer would have been the better choice here.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

This guy gets it.

OP: Your move was moronic, and you got caught. Sucks to be you.

#325 4 years ago

Been driving that route for years. Anything around Tifton in GA is bad news. No more than 4 mph over the speed limit or they will get you pretty good. It's going to make you think a bit about speeding now, which is the point of the fine. It does suck.

My wife always gives me crap for the time I got a speeding ticket on the AutoBahn in Germany. How can you get a speeding ticket on a road without a speed limit! It appears that limitless speed is only in some areas and speed traps are still set up a couple miles outside of the drops in speed to give you time to slow down from going 120-140mph back down to 60mph.

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from Furio:

My wife always gives me crap for the time I got a speeding ticket on the AutoBahn in Germany.

Isn't that what wives are for - to keeping bringing up all of our past mistakes?
    And going more than thirty miles an hour over the posted imit should get the driver auto-banned.

#327 4 years ago

How do you get a ticket for speeding on the autobahn?

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Quoted from Furio:

How can you get a speeding ticket on a road without a speed limit! It appears that limitless speed is only in some areas and speed traps are still set up a couple miles outside of the drops in speed to give you time to slow down from going 120-140mph back down to 60mph.

#329 4 years ago

I try for the humor in equating the Autobahn with being auto-banned for speeding and I get down-voted for it.

Sorry guys. I'll work on my sense of humor and try harder next time.

#330 4 years ago

Construction areas for sure. I got one there in the late 80s and had to pay up on the spot.

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I try for the humor in equating the Autobahn with being auto-banned for speeding and I get down-voted for it.
    Sorry guys. I'll work on my sense of humor and try harder next time.

Ill go through and upvote your posts to make up for the down vote.

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I have a V1, but it was at Valentine getting serviced. It's my second actually (1st was stolen)

I just sold my V1 after owning several versions over the past 20 years, replaced it with a Uniden R7... pricey, but man what an upgrade from the V1. And I think you'll agree, after getting a ticket like this, that Radar detectors pay for themselves. At least mine have.

Between this and Waze, you should be well protected.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#333 4 years ago

What is Waze?

#334 4 years ago

Download the app. It's users contributing to advise of traffic conditions and radar sites. Works better than gps to get you to your destination fast.

#335 4 years ago

Not just Radar, Laser and police hising in general. Also red light cameras.

2 weeks later
    #336 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Not just Radar, Laser and police hising in general. Also red light cameras.

And hazards in and around the road, including potholes in the highway (didn't know that last one until I got a large pothole ahead alert coming back from GSPF last weekend). The police warnings in advance are gold. BUT, you pretty much HAVE to have your phone plugged in to use it as it will suck your battery dry FAST due to the constant network usage and 3D rendering of the road and points on the road.

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

And hazards in and around the road, including potholes in the highway (didn't know that last one until I got a large pothole ahead alert coming back from GSPF last weekend). The police warnings in advance are gold. BUT, you pretty much HAVE to have your phone plugged in to use it as it will suck your battery dry FAST due to the constant network usage and 3D rendering of the road and points on the road.

I just downloaded Waze based on the numerous recommendations and agree that I do prefer it to other maps apps I have used before. The alerts are nice and the only thing that is a little annoying is the ads when your vehicle stops. I've only been using it for about a week but I have been pleased so far (it actually made me buy a windshield mount for my car).

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

They have speed zones.

#339 4 years ago

So people will type in their phone while driving that they saw a pothole? Sounds safe.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

So people will type in their phone while driving that they saw a pothole? Sounds safe.

Voice commands are available. Like a Tesla.

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Everyone isn't driving alone. Plus, it's like two taps. All icons.

There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-i-got-a-1132-speeding-ticket-in-georgia/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.