• Latest reply 7 years ago by chadderack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1374 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Have any of you guys removed the center post on you SM. If you did is the a small over lay anyone makes to cover the hole hole

Nothing permanent just a quarter sized one.

I'm thinking of picking up a one owner original. This will be my second one. One of the reasons I sold the fist time was long time.

#2 7 years ago

I've seen small mylar circles or small plugs put in that spot. Don't have a link of where to get them though

#3 7 years ago

Pinballife has those. U can use one of their mylar magnet circles too. .25 each.

#4 7 years ago

I was hoping for something that matchs the pf

#5 7 years ago

No but considering my skills I need all the help I can get.

Good luck.

#6 7 years ago

I can use all the help I can get also, that's why I'm going to add 6 more additional posts to mine, when I bought an HUO LOTR a few years ago and got it home(never saw the machine before that and slid it from his SUV to my SUV) there were tie wraps across the outlanes, now that's what I call help.

#7 7 years ago

Center post removed + lightning flippers is the only way to play this pin IMO love it!

IMG_1374 (resized).JPGIMG_1374 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Center post removed + lightning flippers is the only way to play this pin IMO love it!

Pardon for posting this from an old thread.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Completely different games. I highly recommend you NOT add SM to your lineup unless your a huge fan of the movies, and I mean drop jaw - I pretend I'm centerflake and run around in my spidey underoos type of fan. The game is overrated; flow and rules are great - everything else, not so much. Great on location game, not so great in the living room.
/flameward on

this was 3 years ago, was curious what changed. obviously you don't have the movie version. Did the VE change enough for you to change your impression of the game?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Pardon for posting this from an old thread.

this was 3 years ago, was curious what changed. obviously you don't have the movie version. Did the VE change enough for you to change your impression of the game?

Lol yea as stated in my quote; flow and rules are great. At the time centerflank and I were popping jabs back and forth, but ultimately I could not stand the original theme. The sounds, call outs, animations, art, are just a miss for me. I had everything else about the game rated top notch. However, I did not like the long ball times either as they didn't fit the rules very well. Removing the center post and adding lightning flippers helped with that a lot. Add in the VE package, and the game is Much much better and feels more like Spider-Man and a comic based game instead of actors dressed up like super heroes.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lol yea as stated in my quote; flow and rules are great. At the time centerflank and I were popping jabs back and forth, but ultimately I could not stand the original theme. The sounds, call outs, animations, art, are just a miss for me. I had everything else about the game rated top notch. However, I did not like the long ball times either as they didn't fit the rules very well. Removing the center post and adding lightning flippers helped with that a lot. Add in the VE package, and the game is Much much better and feels more like Spider-Man and a comic based game instead of actors dressed up like super heroes.

Does the VE change the rules or just the names of the modes and the call outs?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does the VE change the rules or just the names of the modes and the call outs?

Rules are basically the same; collect modes/villains on the way to Battle Royale. If you collect everything you get Super Hero.

The mode names have changed; DMD dots/callouts have changed, but the shots are essentially the same in the new modes.

Some people hate the callouts--esp. the "narrator" who is supposed to be Jonah Jameson. I think he's funny... sometimes. Kind of annoying, but that's just his character. He's a sarcastic a-hole anyway

Just played a Black Suit SpiderMan yesterday and compared to my SMVE... I really like the way mine plays better. The BSSM was nice and pretty; but the light lock arrow didn't register very often; the playfield inserts were ghosting like crazy (LED's) and it did seem like you couldn't light more than one mode without collecting a villain. (Plus the flipper buttons on the BSSM were sticking :O)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sm-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.