Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hoby1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I've read a lot about the similarities between these two pins. I own STLE but have never seen or played a Spidey. For those of you with both pins, are they too similar to consider adding SM to my lineup?

#2 5 years ago

It's slow in comparison

#3 5 years ago

Completely different games. I highly recommend you NOT add SM to your lineup unless your a huge fan of the movies, and I mean drop jaw - I pretend I'm centerflake and run around in my spidey underoos type of fan. The game is overrated; flow and rules are great - everything else, not so much. Great on location game, not so great in the living room.

My 2cents

/flameward on

#4 5 years ago

I actually dont like Spiderman.. Over hyped and boring, so id recommend ST

#5 5 years ago

wow - a spiderman bashing thead.
hold one..... I need to go pop some popcorn.

I sold my spiderman as I couldn't stand the theme and callouts anymore and now own a STLE.
THey really don't play much alike, really. STLE is much much faster.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The game is overrated; flow and rules are great

Hmmm Seems like 2 pretty important things right there.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hmmm Seems like 2 pretty important things right there.

Yup! But it's the overall package that comes into play in a huo environment for me. Theme, call outs, dmd, art...some of the worst ever of the dmd era...IMO

#8 5 years ago

I owned Spiderman at one time and I do miss the pin, but after getting STLE the feeling is gone! LOL ST is faster and more flashier. I never was a big fan of the pixeled movie grahics on the DMD screen (which Spidey has), and the layout of ST does kinda remind me of SM. Spidey did have one more toy that ST (Doc Ock), but the cool warp ramp on ST fills the void. However, ST gets the vote for me. Having both owned NIB at one time, I just had a "happier" feeling opening, playing, and admiring the ST pin than any other pin I purchased NIB before. WOZ was a close second.

#9 5 years ago

I own them both,they do not play the same to me.
I must be the only one on here that likes spidey though

#10 5 years ago

WOW! SM is a great pin that is why I bought one and it is my favorite!!I have not played ST yet and it could be even better,if that is possible.

#11 5 years ago

I have both, I can see the similarities for sure, but they don't come through in gameplay or feel while playing.

-Wes

#12 5 years ago

Have both and plan on keeping both! You could find similarities in many pins. Completely different experience due to themes. My SM was one of the last to be released, LEDs throughout , speaker kit , Mirror blades, ect. Providing
as close to the newest visual look as possible. STLE is more appealing, my wife actually likes it over all of my pins.

#13 5 years ago

Just sold SM for the express purpose of buying ST premium. I LOVE SM and hated doing it. But I think ST will give me everything SM did and more.

#14 5 years ago

Still kicking around selling my HUO SM to buy an STLE.
Uuuuuuh.... what to do?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside