(Topic ID: 36936)

Shark Club Howell Michigan

By BagAJellyDonuts

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetzxi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

Counted the balls in there....
    Seven.
    I know I only put six in there. I guess at some point when I hadn't noticed, I had dislodged a stuck ball somewhere on the playfield that had been there for quite some time. Too many balls will cause the launch two ball problem.

Same thing happened to me with my Dredd recently.

Chris

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

Quick tip. My Dredd had trough optic issues one day. I visually checked and all looked good.Could not get #3 or #4 to trip though in the test menu as I loaded the balls into the trough one by one. I took the front trough board out I think it is receiver, can't remember, and examined real close. I actually needed my magnifying glass (or an ohm meter if I thought of it) to see a resistor termination broken. I mean it was real hard to see. So quick reheat with an iron and it was good to go. There is a resistor on that board for each ball spot. If you take the board out (which is real easy) make sure to check them all. The trough get hit alot obviously with balls falling into it. The shockload transfers directly into the metal guide and then into the boards that mount to it. Over time it is enough to crack solder connections. I may remount my boards on to some sponge rubber washers/spacers in order to reduce/eliminate the impact.
    Hope this helps someone. I would only buy the newer boards as a last resort.

Same issue here as well, it took me like two hours of messing around but I found the resistor lead that had broken off. I think mine was on the emitter side and it was the top trough.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetzxi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shark-club-howell-michigan?tu=jetzxi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.