6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by insanityfalls
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Just got back from the Shark Club in Howell Michigan.

Today they had a pay one price, play all you want event.

I must say, if this is the future of pinball collecting, gathering, whatever, I'm all for it.

These guys put on a great event. Great place to play, friendly staff. Well worth visiting if you are in the area.

#2 6 years ago

Yeah I had to work so I couldn't make it.

Great set up and selection there....although some of the bling on the games is even too much for me.

#3 6 years ago

food was great and the company was even better. did I mention the pinball collection?

#4 6 years ago

I need to get sum eh dat! (Get to the Shark Club that is).

#5 6 years ago

Just got back too. I must've played 30 games of funhouse until I finally hit grand champ on it.

Met some cool people, ate some food, drank some beer, drove 7 hours round trip on a last minute decision.

Well worth the trip!

#6 6 years ago

Got there Wednsday he moved in a bunch of new games earlier in the week so we got :)most of em running except for ones we couldnt get parts for in time, Most all the machines ran well over the day mostly some minor problems on a few machines but we got them back up and running quickly.
    Had a cool turnout and and Mike might be doing events like this more often for pinball.

#7 6 years ago

It was a lot of fun. The guy who owns the place used to own Blasters in Brighton back in the 90's. They're definitely quickly becoming the biggest pinball place in the Midwest. I don't even know how they're going to fit all the stuff that they have. There's even more stuff they have coming soon.

They pretty much have every classic you can name of outside of a few like Creature from the Black Lagoon or High Speed II. The first High Speed is fun anyways and it has slowly become one of my favorite machines. Played that one more than any other machine there. Would have played Judge Dredd more, but it wasn't working most of the time due to it launching out two balls at once. I remember the Indiana Jones machine did that a while ago. I think it might have been at the tournament last month.

#8 6 years ago

The Shark club just got a bunch of the machines in this week dredd was there 48 hours I think and the optics for the ball trogh need replacing. I know I have 10 at home of mikes to resxtore and it appears I will have a centaur and possibly another machine to take back with me on the way home tommorrow lol.

Embryon is new I ripped it apart friday shopped it out and got it running good I was happy to see it ran nice all day my spac invadersx i build played like a champ all day.
    All and all besides some stupid little things like random flipper spring breaking most everything ran pretty good except the new machines we didnt have a chance to get up and running in time.
    4 new machines got dropped off durin the show he now has a bk2k, totan, and few other new machines that arrived in the last couple days.

#9 6 years ago

My Dredd launched two balls for a very funny reason. Would be worth investigating for whoever maintains the Shark Clubs Machines.

My machine was working fine when I installed it, but a few days later, it was launching two balls at a time.

I took the optics off, cleaned them well, and put them back on - same result.
    I was flabbergasted.

Then I looked at the ball through. Gee, that looks awful full. Counted the balls in there....

Seven.

I know I only put six in there. I guess at some point when I hadn't noticed, I had dislodged a stuck ball somewhere on the playfield that had been there for quite some time. Too many balls will cause the launch two ball problem.

In case it helps anyone.

#10 6 years ago

Counted the balls in there....
    Seven.
    I know I only put six in there. I guess at some point when I hadn't noticed, I had dislodged a stuck ball somewhere on the playfield that had been there for quite some time. Too many balls will cause the launch two ball problem.

Same thing happened to me with my Dredd recently.

Chris

#11 6 years ago

From what i understand it is a design problem the optic boards need to be upgraded and or something needs to be changed with the big disk on top it gets balls stuck.
    They know about it but the machine has only been there like 2 days they will be getting it sorted soon wish i could stay here to play with it myself.
    I guess the connectors on the optic board is part of the issue as well I unstuck it a few times but with other machines needing my attention at the time I just shut it off and moved on a crowded play area is not realy the right time or place to start tearing the machine apart.
    I didnt even realy get much of a chance to play that much between putting credits in the machines that couldnt free play and hurrying to get machines that went down working again so people could play em during the event.
    But honestly I realy hate the fact this place is so far away from my home Ide like to be there more if it was closer.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from fromthepinside:

The guy who owns the place used to own Blasters in Brighton back in the 90's.

Blasters is where I first learned how to play pinball.

#13 6 years ago

This place looks better then the phof, which is a joke imho. Can't wait to get there.

#14 6 years ago

Quick tip. My Dredd had trough optic issues one day. I visually checked and all looked good. Could not get #3 or #4 to trip though in the test menu as I loaded the balls into the trough one by one. I took the front trough board out I think it is receiver, can't remember, and examined real close. I actually needed my magnifying glass (or an ohm meter if I thought of it) to see a resistor termination broken. I mean it was real hard to see. So quick reheat with an iron and it was good to go. There is a resistor on that board for each ball spot. If you take the board out (which is real easy) make sure to check them all. The trough get hit alot obviously with balls falling into it. The shockload transfers directly into the metal guide and then into the boards that mount to it. Over time it is enough to crack solder connections. I may remount my boards on to some sponge rubber washers/spacers in order to reduce/eliminate the impact.

Hope this helps someone. I would only buy the newer boards as a last resort.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

Blasters is where I spent my youth and learned how to play pinball.
    I've been to the Shark a few times, awesome place. I would only suggest that they have a list to match what beer goes best with what pinball machine. Kinda like a food and wine match list.

I also went to Blasters when I was young as well. Was a tad too young to really appreciate pinball at that time and really didn't get into it until recently. I've talked with the guy who works on the machines and the owner's son on a fair amount of occasions. They definitely know their stuff and the machines are usually back on pretty quickly unless it's Charlie's Angels, which is terrible anyways.

#16 6 years ago

Great place. Had fun with the newer Stern machines and the Williams & Ballys of the 90s. Would go again for sure.

#17 6 years ago

yeah definitely despite it being a packed house. The other players were courteous and it was my first time playing many of those games.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

Quick tip. My Dredd had trough optic issues one day. I visually checked and all looked good.Could not get #3 or #4 to trip though in the test menu as I loaded the balls into the trough one by one. I took the front trough board out I think it is receiver, can't remember, and examined real close. I actually needed my magnifying glass (or an ohm meter if I thought of it) to see a resistor termination broken. I mean it was real hard to see. So quick reheat with an iron and it was good to go. There is a resistor on that board for each ball spot. If you take the board out (which is real easy) make sure to check them all. The trough get hit alot obviously with balls falling into it. The shockload transfers directly into the metal guide and then into the boards that mount to it. Over time it is enough to crack solder connections. I may remount my boards on to some sponge rubber washers/spacers in order to reduce/eliminate the impact.
    Hope this helps someone. I would only buy the newer boards as a last resort.

Same issue here as well, it took me like two hours of messing around but I found the resistor lead that had broken off. I think mine was on the emitter side and it was the top trough.

2 months later
    #19 6 years ago

Decided to stop here after a 6 hour drive since MPE ends at midnight. Still plenty of great pins on the floor!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 35.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 64.95
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 6.00
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside