(Topic ID: 330443)

Scott Danesi Game #3 Final Resistance! - Multimorphic 2023 (REVEAL TRAILER)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 834 posts
  • 165 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 days ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P3_BackboxUpgradeKit (resized).png
IMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpg
E105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1693267426061 (resized).jpg
687EDEC5-B5A6-4EE2-8E7D-459EFAADFDFC (resized).jpeg
7D2ED9ED-1531-4D60-AD0B-6BDF9E795937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpg
FiRe Pinbrew HD_R (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_232626236 (resized).jpg
There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 9 months ago

Wish more folks were reporting getting their final invoice or their module.. Pretty quiet in here. Siiigh.

#802 9 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I'm surprised there haven't been very many posts to help fellow fan-boys track production. Here is my contribution:
Last night I was invoiced for my Final Resistance Module (Order 3060). Shipment expected approximately 1 week after payment.
- Mark

I received my shipment notice this morning! (Although I think UPS won't pick it up until tomorrow.)

- Mark

#803 9 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I received my shipment notice this morning! (Although I think UPS won't pick it up until tomorrow.)
- Mark

Mark…

Do you mind rerouting this to my house?

#804 9 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Mark…
Do you mind rerouting this to my house?

Sorry, I wouldn't want the fictional F.R. crew to experience toll roads, it might break their spirit!

- Mark

#805 9 months ago

I received my shipping notice yesterday also.

#806 9 months ago

I got it today but it’s not sitting quite flat. The front is up and I was able to get it down to snap the holders but the main shootout wasn’t align. I played one game and it was fun when the ball came out. Reminds me a lot of TNA with the music and speed but didn’t seem as brutal. More to come after I get back home

CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpegCBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpegE105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpegE105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
#807 9 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got it today but it’s not sitting quite flat. The front is up and I was able to get it down to snap the holders but the main shootout wasn’t align. I played one game and it was fun when the ball came out. Reminds me a lot of TNA with the music and speed but didn’t seem as brutal. More to come after I get back home
[quoted image][quoted image]

How the hell did you get basically the first machine after Danesi!? That ship looks even better than I thought. It's a spiritual successor to TNA, so it should remind you of that game. Glad to hear it does

#808 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How the hell did you get basically the first machine after Danesi!? That ship looks even better than I thought. It's a spiritual successor to TNA, so it should remind you of that game. Glad to hear it does

I ordered within seconds so probably why I’m so early. I got it a little more honed it. It’s really fun. I like it better than TNA. Scott did a really good job and I like how it’s static for a playfield. It’s definitely taking things up a level

#809 9 months ago

Got it, and got it fast! (Invoiced & Paid the Evening of 9/6. Shipped 9/12. Received (in Michigan) the Evening of 9/15.)

The UPS Gods smiled on me and it arrived in great shape.

I installed it and everything worked perfectly, no adjustments needed.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. It again proves that Multimorphic can put out games for the P3 that have unique "personalities".

- Mark

BTW: I'm still not feeling the official acronym "WAMONH" for Weird Al, but I can really get behind Final Resistance's acronym of "FIRE"!

#810 9 months ago

Let's go!!

IMG_9565 (resized).jpgIMG_9565 (resized).jpg
#811 9 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Got it, and got it fast! (Invoiced & Paid the Evening of 9/6. Shipped 9/12. Received (in Michigan) the Evening of 9/15.)
The UPS Gods smiled on me and it arrived in great shape.
I installed it and everything worked perfectly, no adjustments needed.
So far, I'm really enjoying it. It again proves that Multimorphic can put out games for the P3 that have unique "personalities".
- Mark
BTW: I'm still not feeling the official acronym "WAMONH" for Weird Al, but I can really get behind Final Resistance's acronym of "FIRE"!

I’m hoping I’m right behind you. I paid on the 7th but haven’t gotten any shipping notice yet.

Fingers crossed I get the shipping notice and delivery next week.

2 months later
#813 7 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Did either of you guys make it to Bowen's talk on the game? I really wanted to, tried to plan things around it so I could make it, got caught up on other business there. I hope it was recorded.

It was, and the recording has now been posted on the Pintastic New England YouTube channel.

Thanks to Multimorphic for ensuring that Glimmerhold got their P3 (and FR module) in time for the show! We had another P3 in the Silverball Rumble tournament.
.................David Marston

1 week later
#814 6 months ago

Paid in full several months ago. Received the message regarding a production pause for an engineering review.

Any updates?

#815 6 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Paid in full several months ago. Received the message regarding a production pause for an engineering review.
Any updates?

Did you consider just emailing the company and asking???? They can likely give you an ETA.

#816 6 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Any updates?

Just looked up your order. Looks like you're in batch 5 and prepaid with your machine to take advantage of the bundle discount. The remaining batch 4 shipments should go out within the next 2 weeks, so I'd expect you'll receive your email soon!

And just to clarify, we didn't pause production. We paused new product development temporarily to enact some process and quality improvements. We'll send out an update when the review is complete.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#817 6 months ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Just looked up your order. Looks like you're in batch 5 and prepaid with your machine to take advantage of the bundle discount. The remaining batch 4 shipments should go out within the next 2 weeks, so I'd expect you'll receive your email soon!
And just to clarify, we didn't pause production. We paused new product development temporarily to enact some process and quality improvements. We'll send out an update when the review is complete.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Thanks for the response Gerry. Certainly not expecting a response from you on this forum. Nice surprise!

My post was not to complain, but just to give out some information about my order status, which I have posted in the past with other orders from other companies on other forum threads.

Thanks for sharing this info- certainly helpful to me and hopefully to others who have pending orders.

Look forward to the update.

Cheers!

1 month later
#818 5 months ago

Received email last week-expected scheduled delivery this Thursday, 11 Jan-hope to post some pics!

#819 5 months ago

God, I love this game.

#820 5 months ago

Last week I had a big NYE party with many life long friends (many of which love pinball and are very active in the hobby) and Final Resistance was a huge hit! Everyone said comments along the lines of "this game is awesome" and "this is the best P3 game I've played" etc.

#821 5 months ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Last week I had a big NYE party with many life long friends (many of which love pinball and are very active in the hobby) and Final Resistance was a huge hit! Everyone said comments along the lines of "this game is awesome" and "this is the best P3 game I've played" etc.

I really think FR is one of the best of ANY game released in 2023

#822 5 months ago

Does anyone know where in the preorder queue the production of FR is? I'm in batch 6 and was wondering when I will receive my game.

#823 5 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone know where in the preorder queue the production of FR is? I'm in batch 6 and was wondering when I will receive my game.

I was in batch 4 and received my game module mid December. I would just reach out to Sarah and ask her for an update. She's real good about that.

#824 5 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

If I recall correctly, each batch was about a month on the line. So February? But yeah send Sarah an email.

#825 5 months ago

Game delivered today- so nice to see two relatively small boxes at the door. No dolly or cart necessary!

Beautiful artwork and game. Had an unboxing event with a buddy with no issues.

Fun game- with great shots. Gotta turn up the sound! Great light show. Watched the Bowen demo which was a great help. Stellar code.

Just one problem- left flipper started getting weak (? Coil stop). Will investigate tomorrow.

IMG_6757 (resized).jpegIMG_6757 (resized).jpegIMG_6760 (resized).jpegIMG_6760 (resized).jpegIMG_6761 (resized).jpegIMG_6761 (resized).jpegIMG_6762 (resized).jpegIMG_6762 (resized).jpegIMG_6763 (resized).jpegIMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
#826 5 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Game delivered today- so nice to see two relatively small boxes at the door. No dolly or cart necessary!
Beautiful artwork and game. Had an unboxing event with a buddy with no issues.
Fun game- with great shots. Gotta turn up the sound! Great light show. Watched the Bowen demo which was a great help. Stellar code.
Just one problem- left flipper started getting weak (? Coil stop). Will investigate tomorrow.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man,that artwork looks really good. Sure wish I could get that speaker panel to fit

#827 5 months ago

After 24 hours-

Right flipper the problem- looked at the coil stop- dirty but not cupped or loose- cleaned it. Unable to remove the coil sleeve without somewhat major disassembly, so I cleaned it as best I could. Afterwards the flipper seemed fine for a couple of hours, but did have a couple of weird reactions near the end (flipper was up- ball hit it and flipper retracted)- will investigate further (hardware/coil?, flipper mech? Software?). Fortunately not a big problem but a little frustrating.

I installed the artwork without any problem- all except the plastics under the side habit trails (might do that today). Art and sounds are great- I recommend turning the sound up.

The game module- The hardware quality so far is great- only had one ball stuck underneath the sling rubbers of the spaceship. Sound, code, graphics all seemed well polished. Definitely has a TNA vibe, which is good. The spaceship is huge and is quite the mech. Definitely lighter than Weird Al.

Gameplay? Pretty straightforward. 9 modes/phases. Shots are very fair and missed ones will punish you. Typical tough P3 outlane drains- really have to be patient. I am still working on getting the code down with the powerups (very useful) and different phases. You can rip the very satisfying spinner, go for phases, go for powerups, multipliers, MB, etc. The factory default for spaceship MB is essentially no ball save (2 seconds)- initially VERY annoying, but then I learned to be patient and try some ball control (interesting concept). The lock and load 2 ball MB is a typical Scott D design- a little bit more of ball save…but not much.

Gameplay is fast- best to be patient, duh. Very polished- start phases with orbit shots (after your setup shots for powerups or just wait for the countdown). Can backhand all except orbits from static cradle. Very cool P3 ski pass (Bowen shows this on his video)- fun to work on. This game is challenging. Easy to understand and hard to master- sounds familiar.

Overall- excellent! Very polished, very fun, and extremely addictive. If you have a P3 this game is a must.

2 months later
#828 3 months ago

Hey all!

Set up my FiRe today and everything seems good... except the ball gets stuck between the rubbers on the shield occasionally and needs to get worked out by the ball save.

Is there any way anyone has come up with to avoid this?

Also if anyone has any tips how to set this game up for competition I am all ears! Thanks.

#829 3 months ago

@gunstarhero, answered the first question in the P3 club thread. If that doesn't do the trick, please email us at support.

Mocean has announced a fixed order option for battles is coming in a future update.

#830 3 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

@gunstarhero, answered the first question in the P3 club thread. If that doesn't do the trick, please email us at support.
Mocean has announced a fixed order option for battles is coming in a future update.

Yeah I know. Lol thanks again again.

1 month later
#831 54 days ago

How has this not been posted yet?

https://danesidesigns.com/products/scott-danesi-final-resistance-download

Added 51 days ago:

This is a digital download of the album "Final Resistance" written by Scott Danesi. This download includes FLAC and high bitrate MP3 files.
Price for download is 9.99usd.

#832 51 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man,that artwork looks really good. Sure wish I could get that speaker panel to fit

We just put up the full backbox update kit for anybody interested in updating an older P3.

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/accessories/backbox-update-kit/

- Gerry

P3_BackboxUpgradeKit (resized).pngP3_BackboxUpgradeKit (resized).png
#833 50 days ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

We just put up the full backbox update kit for anybody interested in updating an older P3.
https://www.multimorphic.com/store/accessories/backbox-update-kit/
- Gerry[quoted image]

LOL! OK ok! I saw it

#834 50 days ago

I'm going to be ordering the backbox upgrade in a few days to a week. Need to figure out how I'm gonna finance it in the short term.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Life

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
There are 834 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.