20231021_134249 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230907-160615 (resized).png
cn8 and 9 (resized).jpg
cn8 and 9 2 (resized).jpg
20230820_094642 (resized).jpg
IMG_7293 (resized).jpeg
20230813_172213 (resized).jpg
MPU004.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunshinepizza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1586 2 years ago

I recently got a Robocop backglass NOS (love it) and its without the red and blue plastics at the top corners. Anyone know where to find these? I have a backglass already (not as nice looking) with those plastics, but the plastics seem to be pretty well glued on. Not sure if I should try transferring them, carefullllyyy. I'd much rather find an alternative for the NOS glass. If replacement parts are hard to find for these, maybe there's even a way to use color gels instead? Would love to hear of any DIY solutions.

IMG_3850 (resized).jpgIMG_3850 (resized).jpg
#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yes, that was this ornament from Middle of Beyond.
https://middleofbeyond.com/products/rc-ed209-ornament
I have finally got around to working on mine after several months.
[quoted image]
I have it in place on the plastic.
[quoted image]
I cut the legs off completely. They are resin and pinned with a piece of wire. A Dremel with cutoff wheel cut right through.
[quoted image]
My next mod required some surgery to the machine gun pods.
[quoted image]
Then I drilled some big holes in both gun pods to make ready to add some larger LEDs to the pods.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
As you know, those little bitty red lights the DE installed do not do much. These will be a little brighter.
This is not the best vid. When I am done in couple of days I will make a better video.

I need to order one more LED for the other side. They will be bright but they will not blind me.

Since the replacement ED-209 is not hollow like the factory unit, I had to rotate the flasher and post it rearward toward the ramp.
[quoted image]
This required cutting some plastic away to make a notch.
[quoted image]

Love this!! So great to see it in action. I think I saw you post a pic of the ornament a while back. I'm hoping to upgrade my ED-209 as well, but with a different ED... I know height is an issue though.

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:Look carefully at those 2 plastics on your old Robocop back glass. I think they are just attached with some double back tape. A razor knife with a sharp blade should work OK to break them away.

Thanks for the tip! I'm out of town, but will take a closer look this week. Some of the paint wear on my current one is around those plastics, so I thought it maybe had something to do with the adhesion process and possibly how it was stored previously, with heat and all. Maybe it was manually added by someone who wasn't so careful. Not sure. I'll inspect it much closer now that I have the new backglass to consider. Also, the legless look totally works on the ED-209! And dscapo seems to be making it work at full height too. I don't think you can go too wrong either way.

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Stands at the same height as the arrow guide. Looks pretty good to me especially with the spotlite on it.
[quoted image]

Nice!! I think you and cottonm4 are both making it work, with legs and without. Liking the other mods too, with the pop caps and sticker. I was hoping to mess with those too.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Well, I do have a problem. Something, and ED-209 has been the only change, blew all my GI lights. I"m trying to figure out where the GI fuse is at so I can give it another try.

Somebody else bought one of these ornaments and said he had to trim the legs. But I played around with this one and these is room for it to live under the glass with some light trimming of the legs. It just does not look right (to me ) with the legs. None of these mods are to scale and it seems to high in the air with the legs on. What I suppose I can do is cut the feet and just a bit of the lower leg so the feet would be there, but what is sitting there now is so much better than that vaccuformed ED-209 the factory shipped out.
[quoted image]

Just noticing the Taurus mid air... nice touch.

1 week later
#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There is a small piece of double back tape on each side of the plastic. You can see the tape on both sides. However, there is another pice of dbl back tape on the bottom of the lens. You can barely see it if you squint. The ones on the sides can be had with a razor knife. One of the tapes on my red lens has let go after 40 years so I gave the lens a little pull and the other side came loose. But that piece in the bottom is holding tight. There is a risk of damaging the back glass so I stopped at this point.
It sounds like your original glass is roached and all you have to worry about is getting the plastic in one piece. I don't think you will have any problem.
[quoted image]

So mine doesn't want to play so nice. Appears to be glued on tight. I think the glue shifted when stored and took some graphics with it. I'm hoping someone may still want this glass for a fair price. But maybe not. It's a decent backglass otherwise... if you don't look too close. If not, maybe I can apply some heat and lift those red/blue plastics off. Not in any rush to try that though. Will have to think it over.

I hear you with the Taurus search! I had been looking too and saw some of those on Ebay. Thanks for the tip on that smaller one. I might grab it.

IMG_3933 (resized).jpgIMG_3933 (resized).jpgIMG_3936 (resized).jpgIMG_3936 (resized).jpgIMG_3939 (resized).jpgIMG_3939 (resized).jpgIMG_3940 (resized).jpgIMG_3940 (resized).jpgIMG_3942 (resized).jpgIMG_3942 (resized).jpgIMG_3943 (resized).jpgIMG_3943 (resized).jpgIMG_3947 (resized).JPGIMG_3947 (resized).JPG
#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Robocop all finished, cabinet was near mint for age, shame about pf has wear etc, but fitted blue super bands, cols yellow pros, cols door plaque custom reaction ed209 instead of middle pop cap(small leds refitted from old ed) reaction Robocop, custom acid barrel area with reaction melting man, invisi glass tbf, leds, custom shooter head, silver glitter sparkle paint, topper from ocean arcade machine prob more bits i forgot
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!! Looks awesome. Love the toxic waste! The original plastic definitely didn't do it justice on its own.

#1604 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Yours looks fine. It was going to block my Robocop car and no way I could make it look right so the legs had to come off.
[quoted image]

This is the ED I'm hoping to add. I'm going to try and sneak the wires under his arms, maybe with an extension piece, and keep the current gun lights. You may notice I'm also experimenting with other bumper caps, but these have too much overhang so I have to raise them. But that would also give me some real estate on the rim of the caps for other graphics possibly.

IMG_3975 (resized).jpgIMG_3975 (resized).jpg
#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Robocop all finished, cabinet was near mint for age, shame about pf has wear etc, but fitted blue super bands, cols yellow pros, cols door plaque custom reaction ed209 instead of middle pop cap(small leds refitted from old ed) reaction Robocop, custom acid barrel area with reaction melting man, invisi glass tbf, leds, custom shooter head, silver glitter sparkle paint, topper from ocean arcade machine prob more bits i forgot
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

And ED looks great too. I hadn't even thought to try putting him there.

1 month later
#1614 2 years ago

I'm trying to figure out the right diode to get as a replacement for my left flipper coil. Can anyone point me to it on Marco?

#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from sunshinepizza:

I'm trying to figure out the right diode to get as a replacement for my left flipper coil. Can anyone point me to it on Marco?

Think I got it, 1n4004

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunshinepizza.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robocop-club-if-you-own-one-or-use-to?tu=sunshinepizza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.