(Topic ID: 203997)

Replacing SRC's 1-5 on System 11A (F14 Tomcat)

By BroMike

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SRC_Damage (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I have some alkaline damage to a couple of the SRC's above the batteries on my F14. I've searched around and found out that SRC's aren't readily available but I can use regular SR's and just cut off pin 10. Everything I've read though, says to use a 1K resistor (most of the threads I've ready have people replacing SRC6 which is a 1K resistor), but SRC's 1-5 are 4.7K ohm. I haven't found anything referencing replacing these with a 4.7K ohm resistor but that's what I'm leaning towards. Can anyone confirm if I should use 1K or 4.7K ohm resistors?

The article on pinball rehab mentions SRC's 1-9 can be replaced with SR's but says to use 1K resistors, I think this is where my source of confusion is coming from:

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/board-rework-test/233-replacement-electronic-components

Thanks,
Mike

SRC_Damage (resized).jpgSRC_Damage (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Why not use the same as you are removing? Page 58 of the manual list them as 4.7K ohms. The manual has always worked for me.

#3 6 years ago

I think this is a typo on Terry's part and if you let him know he will change this for sure.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Why not use the same as you are removing? Page 58 of the manual list them as 4.7K ohms. The manual has always worked for me.

Thanks Grumpy! That's what I was thinking but wanted to give myself a sanity check.

#5 6 years ago

Slightly on subject, can anyone tell me why we're suppoed to install a 10 pin 9 resistor network with the last pin cut off? Wouldn't a 9 pin 8 resistor network of the same value work just as well?

#6 6 years ago

I think this is a leftover due to the original Clay article that said to use the 10-pin version with the 10th pin cut. Not sure he knew there were 9-pin versions available at that time.
Yes, it would be better to just use the 9 pin resistor network.
For example -- Bourns part number 4609X-101-472
(which I happen to have selling at 10 cents each)
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=121

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-srcs-1-5-on-system-11a-f14-tomcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.