(Topic ID: 138920)

Replaced IDC connectors. How can i test??

By joekiss

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jadziedzic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

The playfield opto power feeds from J118 on the power driver board (although since J116-J118 are identical someone may have swapped positions in the past during a repair). It's not uncommon to have a 2-pin inline connector routed from the J118 connections that then feeds the playfield opto power; check real carefully near the bottom left corner of the power driver board to see if perhaps you have a connector unplugged.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from joekiss:

Ive swapped j116 and j118. they are the same. Same results.

You missed the point of what I said: "It's not uncommon to have a 2-pin inline connector routed from the J118 connection that then feeds the playfield opto power; check real carefully near the bottom left corner of the power driver board to see if perhaps you have a connector unplugged." Follow the wiring (black & gray-yellow) that leads from EACH of the THREE connectors that plug onto J116-J118 to be sure there's no 2-pin inline connector that was disconnected (NOT the 4-pin connector that connects to J116-J118).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jadziedzic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replaced-idc-connectors-how-can-i-test?tu=jadziedzic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.