Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20231009_142503.jpg
    IMG_20230713_214616.jpg
    IMG_20230713_212033.jpg
    IMG_20230713_184925.jpg
    IMG_20230713_190359.jpg
    IMG_20230415_185009.jpg
    IMG_20230415_183856.jpg
    IMG_20230415_183552.jpg
    IMG_20230402_113135.jpg
    IMG_20221027_131932.jpg
    IMG_20221025_163310.jpg
    IMG_20221023_151258.jpg
    IMG_20221022_182112.jpg
    IMG_20221012_214040.jpg
    IMG_20221012_214534.jpg
    IMG_20221010_190411.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 3 years ago

Surely there are cheaper and easier ways to produce black anodized pinballs.

Glad your puppy is ok.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

My 15lbs, 1 year old miniature schnauzer caught a mouse last week from beside my garage. I caught her playing with the corpse so I took from her and disposed of it over the fence into a forested area.
    She’s a good pup.
    In France they use schnauzers to dig for truffles. Mine digs for peanuts that the neighbours feed to the squirrels, hidden all over my yard. She’s getting closer to catching a squirrel too.

I have two retired racing greyhounds.
    Now keep in mind that these dogs were trained to chase rabbits from a very early age. Both of my dogs were class A race dogs and both ran over 200 races each before they were retired and we adopted them.

We’re on 5 acres and it’s rather rural here with deer, rabbits, quail etc.
    Shortly after we adopted them 4 or so years ago I let them out in the morning and went to get my morning coffee.
    A few minutes later my wife came up to me and says “Hopper is chewing on something furry”. So, I grabbed my coffee and went outside to look. Sure enough, he had caught himself a rabbit.
    My wife said “take it away from him before he eats it. I replied “I can’t do that”. She said why not? I said “listen, this guy has raced his entire life and ran in 100s of races trying to catch a rabbit”. You can’t just take it away from him when he spent his entire life leading up to this moment. Who knows what kind of message that would send him or the Psychological repercussions.
    He was soooooo proud of himself and I let him bask in his glory for a bit while I pet him telling him what a great dog he is.
    After about 10 or so minutes of that I took him inside, gave him a bunch of treats and laid down on the floor with him petting him telling him what a good dog he is.

About a half hour later I went outside and chucked the rabbit over the fence for the coyotes. He went out there about 20 minutes later looking for it and was bummed he couldn’t find it. I wound up taking the day off work and hung out with him the rest of the day.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

That story warmed my heart!

That was definitely a huge bonding moment with him. He’s really fast as you can imagine being a retired race dog.
    He likes to chase after doves taking off in the yard. At least once he caught one mid flight.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Loved that story thanks for sharing. Took me back as a long time friend of mine had a rescue greyhound and asked me to watch him. Wonderful dog. On departure she warned what ever you do, do NOT open the front yard gate!! Me thinking, come on, what is he a velosa raptor or something?? Long story short he darted out of that yard at 100 miles an hour and it took me several hours to catch him! Wow they are fast!!!!

Yep, they are trained to run when you open up a gate. They can get up to 45mpr in three strides and are way down the road before you have time to think.
    Rule number 1 at our house is not to let the dogs out if the gates are open. Everyone who comes over for the first time gets explained this.

9 months later
    #140 2 years ago

What a great looking dog.
    So glad this worked out and he doing well.

1 year later
    #174 1 year ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You can't crush them or twist them; you'll squirt the juices back into the dog.
    You have to cut a tapered V into piece of stiff plastic.
    I used the lid from some food.
    Slide the V until it engages the very base of the tick. Then apply steady upward pressure until the head comes out from under the skin.
    The head came out intact, legs scrambling around.
    Not for the squeamish, lol:
    [quoted image]
    Murderhornet did not even feel it. I sat on the toilet, and he just looked up adoringly through the entire process.

We use a match.
    If you light a match and then blow it out really quickly and touch it to the tick while the match is still hot the tick will back itself out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-pinball-from-puppy?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.