• Latest reply 11 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

548111512v7_350x350_Front_Color-BlackW.jpg
546676535v9_350x350_Front_Color-BlackW.jpg
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#102 12 years ago

Just want everyone to know there is nothing to worry about!!!!!!!!!

I have a guy that brings containers of jukeboxes from the US into the Netherlands from the Chicagoland Jukebox show in April and November and he has never had any issues at all. My friend who has the containers just sent a container over to the Netherlands , with four NIB pinball machines, Jukeboxes, neon signs, coke machines everything for his 50's shop. We actually just shipped a bally Prototype pinball machine to my customer in the Netherlands in his container.

I understand the concern but there is nothing to worry about. Shipping will be a lot cheaper with the container then sending it air freight. Saving is 8 to 9 hundred dollars.

My friend business is www.benniesfifties.com. Please do not hesitate to donate, its for a good cause and I will make sure everything runs smoothly with the shipping.

#103 12 years ago

Better info?

#104 12 years ago

If this is true then GAP should start advertising to the UK/European market! How do you circumvent the 50Hz lockout on modern Stern machines? I'd certainly consider importing a NIB at US prices if it was guaranteed to work on a 50Hz power supply, as would many other UK collectors.

#105 12 years ago

Everything is worked out for the specific event. Any sidebar questions should be aimed at GAP from yourself in pinside mail. Not in here. Thank you.

#106 12 years ago

v8torino with the donation tonight! Thanks

#107 12 years ago

It took me a while to get my head round helping buy someone else a pin... there are much more worthy causes you may think, but lets face it, this site is great, and it's all down to Robin, so I'm in! And if you want to donate to a more worthy cause, you can do that too...

Good initiative coasterguy... will be interesting to see if this get's pulled off!!

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

How do you circumvent the 50Hz lockout on modern Stern machines?

I think JLM's query is still valid to this thread, is GAP sure the modern pins he ships get past the 50Hz block? It would be a shame if Robin did get a pin and found he couldn't play it...

P.S. JJP don't have this frequency sniffing stuff, so WOZ would be a safer bet, unless GAP are 100% on somehow getting round this for Sterns...

#109 12 years ago

Will do, I was only trying to help as many people in the States are unaware of the difficulties in importing pins into Europe.

I'll be making a donation come payday assuming this is still going.

#110 12 years ago

Thank you Pinballslave for your donation today. Thanks Justlikeme for your concerns as well. Have a good day guys!

#111 12 years ago

Did my part to show love for Pinside. Step up people! Let's do this!

One suggestion: Edit the first post with the PayPal email to send money to so people don't have to search it out.

#112 12 years ago

Thanks I just did that.
Let's hear it for Rascal For a nice donation this morning

#113 12 years ago

Thanks Mark for another donation!

#114 12 years ago

As if I needed anymore reasons to love this community... what a fantastic group of passionate individuals, big ups on getting this underway coasterguy and GAP! Hopefully I'll be able to contribute. Very inspiring to see folks so grateful for an awesome site that they want to reward someone that puts in a lot of hard work.

#115 12 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

We had an overnight anonymous donation as well from another pinhead. Thanks!

#116 12 years ago

Give it up for teachp8 and nutshell79!
Mo'money Mo'money!

#117 12 years ago

I know some snail mails should be doing as well!

#118 12 years ago

I sent you mine today via paypal coasterguy, i left you a PM as well.

#119 12 years ago

Leigh with the awesome donation! Thanks!

#120 12 years ago

We are approaching $1500 folks. That is a great 3 day start. Please help me keep up the momentum.

#121 12 years ago

End of this month i can participate in this financially, will it be to late?

#123 12 years ago

Thanks Scottslash for a donation this morning!

#124 12 years ago

Thanks to MG for our first to arrive snail mail donation this morning.
John

#125 12 years ago

Sorry guys, $20 is all I can afford. I am a broke college kid. I hope I helped. Thanks to all of you great guys who went above and beyond!

#126 12 years ago

96stang with the donation! Thank you!

#127 12 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Sorry guys, $20 is all I can afford.

No apology needed! $20 to some budgets is $2000 to another. Your donation is appreciated and we understand that at this time in your life that is a big donation. Life is funny though, you just may get paid back 100 x for your generosity some day...

#128 12 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Sorry guys, $20 is all I can afford.

I'm guessing if everyone donated 'all they could afford' then we'd be able to buy a NIB pin for everyone on this group

#129 12 years ago

What is the target price?

#130 12 years ago

Just sent a donation Coasterguy, thanks for starting this.

#131 12 years ago

Thanks Gusphan for your Donation this morning!

#132 12 years ago
Quoted from jrrdw:

What is the target price?

Target price is for a NIB Transformers by the first week of November. That is why we need to get this done ASAP so GAP can get the machine on a already booked shipping container heading towards ROBINLAND

#133 12 years ago

Maybe there's something simple Robin can do for confirmed contributors to this project... like turn our heart Red or add another heart. Another little incentive for people to donate.

#134 12 years ago

That's fine with me. Some have said they would remain anonymous.

#135 12 years ago

Thanks KH for you recent donation!

#136 12 years ago

Thanks Gweempose for you SECOND Donation!

#137 12 years ago

Thanks DrAzzy for your donation

#138 12 years ago

Thanks vster23 for your Donation today!

#139 12 years ago

John,
Can you give us an exact cut-off date for us to make the goal? Maybe an artificial deadline so that YOU can have time to get this done. We just don't want to miss the boat . . . literally!!!!
Mike

#140 12 years ago

How about All donations delivered by Dinner time on October 23rd. So I can get the funds to gap that week. We have along way to go but we are close to 2g's

#141 12 years ago

Thankin' holy pickle for his donation tonight!

#142 12 years ago

Thanks MK for your donation this morning!

#143 12 years ago

Come on gang.... S L O W ..... Today! Please help make this happen for Robin. He will LOVE it!

#144 12 years ago

I mentioned this in private to Coasterguy but let me put this out there, if there is a way to email blast all the contributors, maybe a day or two before the "end", I think some of us might be able to kick in a little more to get it over the top. I don't check up on this thread every day so getting a heads up would be good. Any way to do that?

#145 12 years ago

I can email donors as I save every single paypal email from payment. Not sure if Robin can help with this. I would love to email ALL pinsiders....ALL

#146 12 years ago

I would say go ahead and do it a day or two in advance.
Whether you can get all PS emails is another question. I can't see Robin doing that, too self serving looking.

#147 12 years ago

Agreed. I just gotta hope that more than 30 something pinsiders would like to help. Their has to be more that are willing.

#148 12 years ago

If anyone was wondering I have not donated just yet. All along I had planned to wait and see what is needed toward the end to make my contribution. So far the 32 donors do NOT include myself just yet. I also know a few are going to come snail mail style still.

#149 12 years ago

Everyone! let's thank "bradsusername" for sending us a nice donation for Robin tonight!

Thanks B!

#150 12 years ago

Thanks to Guymontag451 for his donation this morning!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-pin-2-robin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.