• Latest reply 6 years ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170731_181528624 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170729_122218238 (resized).jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

There were 2 at Allentown this year for $3900 in May. Obviously not HUO but in still sub 4
There was just a sale of a routed LOTR local for $3000 less than a month ago
Damn Pinside Tax is getting expansive these days

Not really - the "tax" is for a super nice condition game. That's how most collectibles go...

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

...and that is in a pinball saturated area of the country. Like I said earlier, if you are in a pinball starved area of the country, you may see one every 3 months within a 10 hour one-way drive, and it won't stay up for sale long.....

I dunno how you find anything without a 6+ hour drive anywhere in AL... I check craigslist out that far and there's never anything there. :p

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I dunno how you find anything without a 6+ hour drive anywhere in AL... I check craigslist out that far and there's never anything there. :p

Amen Brother, Amen.........

#54 6 years ago

Well all I can say is that even at 6300 LOTR is well worth it (Assuming it's in great condition). The countless hours I have poured into this pin is crazy. It is still one of the most popular ones I have with friends and family. The rule set is awesome and code top notch. I think it is a pin that everyone should own at least once.... just not mine because I'm never selling

#55 6 years ago

Wow I bought one with a flawless Playfield cabinet and back box for 5650 and that includes a shop job and shipping from Rockland pinball. Without shipping was 5300. Sounds like a deal. I didn't think they were going for 6000?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Wow I bought one with a flawless Playfield cabinet and back box for 5650 and that includes a shop job and shipping from Rockland pinball.

Rob had some FANTASTIC deals. Definitely miss seeing his stuff pop up here. MUCH better for my wallet though

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I'm never selling

Never say never...

And never marry someone that incessantly mocks the Frodo callout at the start of every game. That's why I sold it.

#58 6 years ago

Location seems to play a huge factor. I'm thinking in West Coast prices which seem to be significantly higher than Midwest. Supply and demand. I could ship, but then I'd have to either roll the dice on a game without looking at it or factor in a few plane tickets.

#59 6 years ago

Interesting topic, there do seem to be a range of prices on LOTR.

Here's an immaculate sounding HUO listed at $5850 that's been up for two weeks:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-superb-stern-lord-of-the-rings

And here's a clean but routed LOTR at $5950:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lord-of-the-rings-32

Of course this may just reflects a west-coast or more local pinball premium (the routed game's in Oregon).

#60 6 years ago

Here's a machine that's fairly similar to the first one in your post, sold after 4 days for $6500 (color DMD is the biggest difference I saw):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/44436

I see some shopped ones sold for low $5s after about 3 weeks, probably the best comparison.

So at a guess, $6500-$6800 for a believable HUO, and maybe $5300-$5700 or so for routed out here.

Side note: Please please please do a shooter lane pic in any listings! As a prospective buyer, I'm looking at shooter lane, gimli hole, balrog playfield damage, and ring ramp damage. Closeups of these are super helpful. Anything else I should be looking for?

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

There were 2 at Allentown this year for $3900 in May. Obviously not HUO but in still sub 4
There was just a sale of a routed LOTR local for $3000 less than a month ago
Damn Pinside Tax is getting expansive these days

I live in the wrong neck of the woods....

Can't find games to buy and can't sell games for months. Usually I have to drive my games 2+ hours to sell.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from AbeVigoda:

Here's a machine that's fairly similar to the first one in your post, sold after 4 days for $6500 (color DMD is the biggest difference I saw):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/44436

Well ColorDMD is a $400 mod (and one that most people actually value highly) so that explains most of the price difference. So maybe ~$5900 is about right for a near-perfect HUO specimen.

(TBH the higher these sell for the happier I am, as I'd love Stern to have enough incentive to run a Vault version with better quality sound and print resolution).

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

And never marry someone that incessantly mocks the Frodo callout at the start of every game. That's why I sold it.

But they may not know the way.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Rob had some FANTASTIC deals. Definitely miss seeing his stuff pop up here. MUCH better for my wallet though

Where or what happened to Rob and rockland pinball? Sorry off topic but had been thinking same thing.
Update=Just looked him up. Sadly he has deactivated account, voluntarily pinside says.

#65 6 years ago

He got 'Pinsided' and left.

He's still selling games..just not here

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Where or what happened to Rob and rockland pinball? Sorry off topic but had been thinking same thing.
Update=Just looked him up. Sadly he has deactivated account, voluntarily pinside says.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

But they may not know the way.

*slap*

1 week later
#67 6 years ago

Alright guys, I'm testing the waters and consensus of this thread by selling my clean, modded, HUO LOTR.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/53336

Take a look at the shooter lane and you'll see it's had an easy life. I opened at $6300 OBO.

Note that I removed the ColorDMD to save the buyer some cash. Was that a mistake?

#68 6 years ago

Its really a function of condition. If you can find a HUO LOTR in great condition its worth $6-6500+ all day long (LOTR LE's are more). The challenge is finding one that hasn't been routed or hasn't been maintained properly. The price goes up from there depending on the upgrades to the machine. I always give a lot of value to the color dmd (makes a big difference), glass, LED's, shaker, Cliffy's and plastic protectors....these upgrades alone can cost you over $1300 + all the time it takes to make the upgrades (which u never get back). There are three core reasons why it makes sense to find one in great shape....condition, condition, condition (look at the shooter lane)....if u find one much cheaper ($4-$5K range) you will find yourself in the $6-$7K+ range very quickly after u upgrade the machine, and address all the things that are probably wrong with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 25.00
€ 7.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-lotr-2/page/2?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.