You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
A-Team.jpg
car-ramrod-rod-farva-super-troopers.jpg
14594_Omega_Centauri_NASA_ESA.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the LE looks awesome but in terms of gameplay for the price I would pick the pro with my budget. While I love the lights on the outside of STLE, the interior, and head I care more about the toys on the playfield. With that said I just can't see spending $3k+ for the LE gameplay features. Even with the premium I still can't see spending $2k for the interactive parts such as the moving ship, VUK, and kickback.
Seems like ACDC Premium / LE and Metallica Premium / LE had a lot more toys then there associated pro models.

Honestly, I don't consider the ship to be "interactive" at all. Like Sparky on MET, the ship on AFM, etc., it does not interact with the ball at all and adds nothing to the gameplay. It's just window dressing.

Quoted from frolic:

Stern is definitely giving a lot of value in recent Pro models. hats off to them.

I see it a different way. The Pros are not really a lot of value these days; it's just that the LEs are ridiculously overpriced for just a few inexpensive mechanical features and some colored trim and fancier lights (also inexpensive). Compare current Pro models to the 'regular' Stern games of just a few years ago, like SM, LOTR, WPT, POTC, etc., and see how much LESS is put on the playfield these days.

Is anyone else disappointed with the highly-touted "starfield projector"? Or are the majority of pinball collectors that easily distracted by bright blinky things?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It looks cool in a darkened room, that's for sure.
Red Giant stars for everyone.
I'm sure the modders will be installing blue lasers in no time at all, giving all the star colors representation.

14594_Omega_Centauri_NASA_ESA.jp... 197 KB

Y'know, a blue laser would look cooler and more like typical stars, and dots would look far better than the red lines in STLE. The "starfield projector" looks more like a cheap laser pointer with a rotating disco-ball attachment. (Oh wait, that is pretty much what it is! ) Seriously, it may have been a good concept, but execution was incredibly weak. I see the "starfield" and don't think of stars (no, they don't look like stars at all), but rather a monochrome disco ball effect.

[Waiting for RobT to Thumbs Down this post, just because he does that to most posts I make here regardless of content. ]

#73 10 years ago

Nevermind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/played-stle-today-at-marvins?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.