Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 390 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lynchmob.jpg
    image-413.jpg
    thread-derailed.jpg
    spiral-design-animation.gif
    yelling.jpg
    grapesofwrathfondasteinbeck.jpg
    image-51.jpg
    1237102_10201985505987352_486957828_n.jpg
    image-231.jpg
    269523-i.jpg
    new.jpg
    dasbus4.png
    image-610.jpg
    crazy-2.jpg
    crazy-1.jpg
    pps-1.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Please explain like you would to a 5 year old.

type < code> your text </ code> but remove the spaces, which I had to put in to keep it from working.

Then you'll get a monospaced result, good for displaying code

The / in the second code tag tells Pinside that you're done, and to apply the HTML to whatever is between the two words in < > brackets. So you always type the first one with plain brackets, and the second, final one with a slash in the brackets.

For italics you can do the same thing, but instead of < code> write < em> which is short for emphasis.

That gives you italics

For the strikethrough you use < strike> tags.

#352 9 years ago

Thanks! I get it!

#353 9 years ago

Every Ted post from here on out is going to be filled with randomly bolded words along with animated gifs. We've created a monster!

spiral-design-animation.gifspiral-design-animation.gif

#354 9 years ago

Now with the BOLD thingy...maybe I'll give up gifs!

#355 9 years ago

I have an animated gif that is guaranteed to end any thread. While it is "family friendly" and "safe for work" it would probably get me banned or at least reprimanded.

View at your own risk.

http://jss-enterprises.com/transfer/endlessfun.gif

#356 9 years ago

Ban him! Baaaaaaan him!!

#357 9 years ago

Please show pinmike how to boldface. His posts will be even better.

#358 9 years ago

This thread is Awesome

#359 9 years ago

Just found this thread - sorry to detour back to what it was all about from the beginning, but here's what I don't get, which mostly stems from Rick's post...

Rick says old deal is no longer valid. Okay. Gene made a deal a while ago, there is no record of this because Gene. PR told Rick what the agreement was.

At this point, from what I can tell, Rick asked for sales data before he would disclose any sort of terms with PR. PR wanted to hear the terms before they figured out what to do.

To me, and I run a more or less "hobby" business too but have made deals like this, PR has no need to furnish Rick with any sales data. He said that the agreement was no longer valid. Why would be be trying to collect on an agreement that was no longer valid?

Until Rick tells me what the cost is going to be, how in the hell can I guess how much I'm going to sell? If PR comes back and says that they will sell them for $100 (making let's say $20 per unit) and Rick says that he needs $25 per unit, then you just reset the whole thing. It seems easy enough to say that PPS is expecting $XX per unit, XX% of total sales, or $XX as a flat fee and then allowing PR to go back and rerun the numbers to determine what makes sense.

Beyond that, only three comments:

Anyone saying that because Gene didn't have the rights to sell certain items that were produced, it's an illegal contract so you can't expect product is sort of right... but then you should be able to get a refund. Otherwise, why wouldn't I tell everyone to pre-order, say, some new copy of Ghostbusters from me that is way awesomer than all the current releases for $5, and then after I get a whole ton of money I'll say, "Sorry! I don't have the license! Illegal contract! Thanks for your money!"

Per the usual, vid1900 really knows his stuff.

I have nothing against any party in this. I had fine dealings with Gene. I haven't purchased anything between PR or PPS yet. I just don't see this as such a huge deal.

Sadly, I am getting a Williams EM within the next couple weeks that is going to need some work

#360 9 years ago

cigars are nice when bold

#361 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I have laughed at some of your comments until I couldn't laugh anymore! I was right with you!
    I'm SLOW learning all this E=mc2/HTML stuff! But I'll be damned if I give up glad to learn more, if no one makes fun of me!

#362 9 years ago

YAHOO! IT WORKS!!!

#363 9 years ago

thread-derailed.jpgthread-derailed.jpg

#364 9 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

?!?! australian made 302 cleveland block ?!?!?
    you do realise that "Cleveland" and "Windsor" are representative of the manufacturing cities (cleveland, oh and windsor, ontario) where Ford produced said engines, correct?

Yes. They also made Windsor motors in Cleveland, but a Cleveland water pump wont fit on them.

#365 9 years ago

SOMEONE had to derail this Thread!

#366 9 years ago

Did this work?

#367 9 years ago

yes it did !

#368 9 years ago

depends if it was meant to be able to play the piano or not?

#369 9 years ago

How about this?

#370 9 years ago

this too

#371 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

depends if it was meant to be able to play the piano or not?

just the guitar

#372 9 years ago

Good grief, guys.

This is why we can't have nice things.

#373 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

SOMEONE had to derail this Thread!

image-413.jpgimage-413.jpg

#374 9 years ago

Think of it like this.... in the Monty Python and the Holy Grail movie

#375 9 years ago

HTML sucks

#376 9 years ago

Hey kids... I'm really glad that you've moved on from ranting at companies to playing with HTML and getting along for now. But due to the sheer amount of reports I'm getting from people upset that you're having fun being off track, can we please chillax on the thread hijacking and get back to discussing pinball company business practices again?

Feel free to start an HTML thread though, so I can learn creative ways to yell at respond to people in the future.

#377 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Hey kids... I'm really glad that you've moved on from ranting at companies to playing with HTML and getting along for now. But due to the sheer amount of reports I'm getting from people upset that you're having fun being off track, can we please chillax on the thread hijacking and get back to discussing pinball company business practices again?
    Feel free to start an HTML thread though, so I can learn creative ways to yell at respond to people in the future.

Moderators suck are nice people

#378 9 years ago

This is some pretty funny stuff right here....MUCH better than the Must Read...

#379 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

can we please chillax on the thread hijacking and get back to discussing pinball company business practices again?

Ok, lets get back to being the lynch mob against Rick without hearing the details of both sides for another 350 posts

ps: did everyone see how I snuck a bold in that

lynchmob.jpglynchmob.jpg

#380 9 years ago

That's prettyfunny

#381 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

modern five year olds are born knowing this stuff already.

#383 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/html-must-read#post-1933149

#384 9 years ago

Good job Rob. If I wasnt actually doing work at work today I was going to make a thread.

I never said start restart the lynch mob. Although you should have seen my original post before I edited myself. Lol. I personally think this thread could have been closed a long long time ago.

#385 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I personally think this thread could have been closed a long long time ago.

Long long long time ago

#386 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I personally think this thread could have been closed a long long time ago.

Ya think. Everything sort of fell off the rails, when the discussion turned to what kind of car they used. I know I am no angel. But that should of done it.

#387 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

But due to the sheer amount of reports I'm getting from people upset that you're having fun being off track,

Can't believe people bother you with that !?

#388 9 years ago

This is crazy how serious thread became so stupid.

#389 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

modern five year olds are born knowing this stuff already.

Well now if we had them posting for us, we wouldn't be having all these problems.

LTG : )™

#390 9 years ago

I know it's incredibly hard to believe, but the mods don't actually read every post or even every thread. Probably has something to do with this:
    Forum activity
    There were 92 new topics and 2,269 posts in the past 24 hours.

We do however read the reports on a continual basis, and rely on you all to be our eyes and ears around here to let us know what needs to be looked at/fixed/edited/closed. Unless the boys have cleared some out that I'm not aware of, much very much may be the case, there have been exactly zero reports sent in about pages 1-6. But then you all went off topic. Tsk tsk tsk. So, reports were sent in, I read them, and I showed up here and was all snarky and trying out my new HTML skills.

But it looks like everyone is in agreement that we're all said and done here. If there's actual pinball business to discuss, it probably needs a fresh thread at this point anyway. And there's already a HTML thread for you to play in. So y'all go play nice, and I'm shutting this sucker down.

There are 390 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rescue-must-read/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.