Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 389 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by ibis
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6034.jpeg
    IMG_6054.jpeg
    IMG_6055.jpeg
    IMG_4887 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4888 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5137 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5130 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5128 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5124 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5123 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 214917 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 215032 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 5 months ago

You should be seeing the whirlwind rails today.

#302 5 months ago

Looking for a set of stargazer rails. Anyone send a set in yet and what about the rumors it’s the same rails on a bunch of the stern games?

#303 5 months ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

You should be seeing the whirlwind rails today.

Like clockwork! YES! Whirlwind are in the house! I plan to start cutting them for Dave on Monday. I'll PM the others in this thread that were wanting a set of WW as well. They will be $70 + shipping.

Quoted from Tallon:

Looking for a set of stargazer rails. Anyone send a set in yet and what about the rumors it’s the same rails on a bunch of the stern games?

Seems like Stargazer and Quicksilver are very hard to get. Im not sure about how similar Stern rails are to each other. Ive got 9Ball and Meteor and they are nothing close to being the same. If I can get a donor set of either Id be happy to start making them!

#304 5 months ago

Three sets of Whirlwind and one set of Flash ready for finish!

IMG_4697 (resized).jpgIMG_4697 (resized).jpgIMG_4698 (resized).jpgIMG_4698 (resized).jpg
    #305 5 months ago

A generous collector is sending me Scared Stiff rails AND the backboard! Ill keep the AD updated on the availability and pricing once I get them in the shop!

#306 5 months ago

Had a request for a cool color called Real Orange to go with a sweet Whirlwind restoration! I think they look pretty damn cool!!

IMG_4722 (resized).jpgIMG_4722 (resized).jpgIMG_4723 (resized).jpgIMG_4723 (resized).jpgIMG_4724 (resized).jpgIMG_4724 (resized).jpgIMG_4725 (resized).jpgIMG_4725 (resized).jpg
    #307 5 months ago

WH2O dimples were all spot on

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-wh2o-scratch-build/page/5#post-7868666

Thank you @Ibis! Your work is top notch

#308 5 months ago

Thats awesome! Glad your build is going well and Im proud to have contributed!

1 week later
    #309 5 months ago

Latest update, a set of Last Action Hero rails will be coming soon! Thanks Dave for the donation! Ill keep the AD updated once I get them in the shop.

#310 5 months ago

Would love a set for the original Bally Eight Ball.

#311 5 months ago

Would love a Flash Gordon set. If I had a set I would certainly donate them!

#312 5 months ago

Ive had several requests for Flash Gordon, just need one donor set! Same goes for Eight Ball, would love to have both in the library!

#313 5 months ago

Is Stern Nugent in the library?

#314 5 months ago

Someone toss me $25 to cover the shipping and I'll pry* the rails off my wall hanger Flash Gordon playfield (along with some Harlem Globetrotters and Fireball II rails that I was already going to donate).

*God I hate those damn Bally staples!

#315 5 months ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

Someone toss me $25 to cover the shipping and I'll pry* the rails off my wall hanger Flash Gordon playfield (along with some Harlem Globetrotters and Fireball II rails that I was already going to donate).
    *God I hate those damn Bally staples!

I'll send you $25! Just let me know how you want it sent.

#316 5 months ago
    Quoted from Johnnybee:

Is Stern Nugent in the library?

Unfortunately no, I do not have that title in the library.

#317 4 months ago

I wonder if anyone can identify the game these rails go into? They were sent to me a long time ago, I made set thinking they were Harlem Globe Trotters and they were not! Would like to identify them not only to add to the library but to make them useful lol!

IMG_4784 (resized).jpgIMG_4784 (resized).jpgIMG_4786 (resized).jpgIMG_4786 (resized).jpgIMG_4787 (resized).jpgIMG_4787 (resized).jpg
    #318 4 months ago

I know it was the 80s but Flash Gordon went hard on some rails. This set is huge! Coming your way soon ibis (with a h/t to @rack-em-up)

IMG_3804 (resized).jpegIMG_3804 (resized).jpeg
    #319 4 months ago

I know it was the 80s but Flash Gordon went hard on some rails. This set is huge! Coming your way soon ibis (with a h/t to rack-em-up)
    [quoted image]

Fantastic! Put me on the list for a set of Flash Gordon rails!

#320 4 months ago

LAH rails should be there Saturday.

#321 4 months ago

I know it was the 80s but Flash Gordon went hard on some rails. This set is huge! Coming your way soon ibis (with a h/t to rack-em-up)
    [quoted image]

Wow thats a huge set! I'll need to figure out how to make the two extra tall pieces, maybe dowels? Thank you for the set! Do you need a set of these? Just making sure this isn't just a donation......thanks!

rack-em-up send me your name, email address, home address, color for the rails and Ill ge you on the list!

Dave, I should be home, I'll make sure I get them as soon as they hit the door! I will start them Monday. May take a tad longer to send back, I have a very busy schedule later in the week.

#322 4 months ago

I don’t need a set. I don’t have a Flash Gordon but I did have a wall hanger playfield just sitting around. Happy to help.

#323 4 months ago

I don’t need a set. I don’t have a Flash Gordon but I did have a wall hanger playfield just sitting around. Happy to help.

Thats awesome of you, thank you so much!!! I'll post pics when they are done, going to take some thinking on how to make the two tall pieces.

#324 4 months ago

Trying to find a tube or box big enough to fit that monster set from Flash Gordon, Fireball II (also do not need, just stripped off a horror show of a parts playfield), and Harlem Globetrotters (which I DO need).

#325 4 months ago

Some sets are too big for my 2" tubes as well. I have taped two tubes together but try not too because it increases costs and shipping cost too. Ive built a few boxes too but that is not my favorite thing to do because I fear the rails getting broken. Include a note with all your info :Full Name, Home Address, Emal Address and color for the Harlem rails so I dont make any mistakes lol!

#326 4 months ago

I found a box from a set of side rails. Should fit them all but haven’t actually tried yet. Can’t ship em til early next week anyways.

#327 4 months ago

I found a box from a set of side rails. Should fit them all but haven’t actually tried yet. Can’t ship em til early next week anyways.

That should be perfect, Ill probably reuse it to send the Flash Gordon rails to rack-em-up

Dave, still no LAH rails, I would expect them to arrive tomorrow. I have a set of LAH, Space Shuttle and a TAF backboard to make this week. I have a lot of business travel and overnights this week so I may be a little later than normal on getting these made and mailed out. I'll do my best to have them done and shipped as soon as possible!

#328 4 months ago

Looks like it should be tomorrow now. Left Jacksonville last night.

#329 4 months ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Looks like it should be tomorrow now. Left Jacksonville last night.

I imagine anything shipped this time of year can be slow!

#330 4 months ago

Last Action Hero has been added to the library! *thank you Dave!

Coming in later this week is Fireball II, Harlem Globe Trotters and Flash Gordon, I have conformation they are on their way! I already have orders for Flash Gordon and Harlem and plan on cutting them Monday so if anyone needs a set for any title now is the time to get into the cue!

Still waiting on Williams Black Knight to arrive, I know I have two people waiting on that title, so thank you for your patience!

#331 4 months ago

Ive added rails to the library!

Fireball 2 - $80
    Last Action Hero - $70
    Harlem Globetrotters - $75
    Flash Gordon - $100

Flash Gordon is something Im going to need to figure out, it's 7 total pieces and two pieces have a step-up section that adds height to the total piece. Since I get my stock milled at 1 1/8 which is standard thickness for pinball rails, I'll need to use a mechanical joint to make this transition. Plus Ive never done this before which complicates things lol! Family Guy has a similar piece but no one has ordered that yet. This one may take a little more time to do so thank you for your patience!

1 week later
    #332 4 months ago

Two sets of Harlem Globetrotters headed out today! Also have a set of EBD going to NY!IMG_4839 (resized).jpgIMG_4839 (resized).jpgIMG_4838 (resized).jpgIMG_4838 (resized).jpg

I also think I have a work around for this difficult set of Flash Gordon rails. They have two unique pieces and I think they should be strong once installed. I used a dowel to make the mechanical joint on both pieces. I'm going to ask the installer to give me some feedback on the one piece that looks like two ends are put together. I have a second version on this piece I can try if this joint isn't strong enough. I could also use a pocket hole screw, I have a jig for pocket holes, but I think there is a better way.

I will have the third coat of lacquer on today and Ill take another pic of the final product to show what it looks like. IMG_4836 (resized).jpgIMG_4836 (resized).jpgIMG_4837 (resized).jpgIMG_4837 (resized).jpg

#333 4 months ago

I'd take a set of Mata Hari rails if available?

#334 4 months ago
    Quoted from Nikrox2:

I'd take a set of Mata Hari rails if available?

I DO have Mata Hari in the rail library! I plan on starting my next round of cutting a week from today. What I need from you to get you on the list is:

Full name
    Home addy
    Email addy
    Color for the rails (I assume acrylic red with clear lacquer)
    Dimples for plastics or NO dimples?

If you have any other questions just let me know!

1 week later
    #335 3 months ago

I received a set of Flash Gordon rails a couple days ago and I knew instantly that I had made a good decision ordering them from ibis! They arrived quickly and very nicely packaged. As you can see by looking at the pictures I've attached they are very well done and the finish is impeccable! It will be awhile until I attach them to my playfield as I have quite few things I'd like to do to first. A few pictures related to my FG playfied are attached.

Thanks again Leon
    Great job!

IMG_3455 (resized).jpgIMG_3455 (resized).jpgIMG_3456 (resized).jpgIMG_3456 (resized).jpgIMG_3458 (resized).jpgIMG_3458 (resized).jpgIMG_3461 (resized).jpgIMG_3461 (resized).jpgIMG_3466 (resized).jpgIMG_3466 (resized).jpg
    #336 3 months ago

Totally stoked to see the final product!! Thank you for the kind words, they were a challenge to build but I LOVE a challenge!

#337 3 months ago

So almost a year ago, I got your lost world rails… might have been the first set. They are finally installed with a NOS playfield I got ahold of, and had clear coated. It’s amazing to say the least. Great product, I used your paragon rails instantly when I bought these, but I’ve been putting this build off, until it could get the time and attention it needs with all new parts.

IMG_7129 (resized).jpegIMG_7129 (resized).jpeg

#338 3 months ago

WOW that looks awesome!! I think you are correct, one of the first sets I made. Since then Ive truly perfected my craft of applying lacquer and my process of cutting and shaping the wood has become second hand to me too. The hardest thing was getting the tapered flutes right on those older Bally games that accept the thick wire to make the top arch. I made some mistakes for sure trying to replicate those but now I have that down to a science as well.

So far I have had absolute ZERO issue dealing with any of you and that has been a blessing all in its own. THANK YOU for your patience the past year and giving me the opportunity to make these for you all, it's truly a pleasure! I love seeing them installed in your games!

1 week later
    #339 3 months ago

Just finished installing your rails on my Flash Gordon. Very enjoyable task. Every one of the seven pieces comprising the rail set was perfectly sized and impeccably finished. I used painters tape and Quick Grip clamps to position and clamp the rails to the playfield while drilling and driving screws.

I used 1 1/4 inch #6 stainless Phillips flat head screws for the most part. I used a few 1 1/2 inch #6 stainless Phillips pan head screws. (purchased screws from Bolt Depot) I drilled pilot holes with a 7/64" bit and put a little bar soap on all screws before driving them home.

Thanks again and thanks to play_pinball for donating FG rails to your library.

IMG_3509 (resized).jpgIMG_3509 (resized).jpg
    #340 3 months ago

That is awesome!! Im glad your swap is coming along and Im also glad to hear how well the rails performed for you! It's good timing too, Im making another set of them in a few days for someone else!! I was concerned about making that step-up section and how they would do in a real-world mounting situation. Sounds like they were sturdy and did great!

I have used Bolt Depot for years, they are my go-to for all hardware unless Im running out I need some hardware immediately. I do wish they carried some of the harder to find screws though. Some of the older Bally and Stern games use screws in 2 5/8 size for plastic posts and you either have to stay at the 1/2 or go up to the 3/4 size.

And 7/64 is the perfect size drill size, it's what I use to pre-drill the rails I install myself. Did you sneak in my shop and steal my secrets? LOL!

1 week later
    #341 3 months ago

Just a heads up.....Dolly Parton will be in the library shortly! Im starting a set of them next week by measurement only, not a hard set to copy from. If everything works out I'll add them on the list!

#342 3 months ago

Assume a set a of a MM OG rails could be made if sent your way?

#343 3 months ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Assume a set a of a MM OG rails could be made if sent your way?

YES! Always happy to add a new set to the library! Thank you Dave!

#344 88 days ago

Dolly Parton added to the list! I dont have many pinks on board but we can figure out colors or copy the paint your using on your cabinet. Ill post pics of the set Im making now when they are painted!

#345 82 days ago

WOW these came out beautiful!! Dolly Parton colored in Shock Pink and looking slick!!!

IMG_4945 (resized).jpgIMG_4945 (resized).jpgIMG_4944 (resized).jpgIMG_4944 (resized).jpgIMG_4946 (resized).jpgIMG_4946 (resized).jpg

Also doing my own Meteor restore, the electric blue looks awesome on this title!!
    IMG_4934 (resized).jpgIMG_4934 (resized).jpgIMG_4935 (resized).jpgIMG_4935 (resized).jpgIMG_4936 (resized).jpgIMG_4936 (resized).jpgIMG_4937 (resized).jpgIMG_4937 (resized).jpgIMG_4938 (resized).jpgIMG_4938 (resized).jpg

#346 77 days ago

Just a heads up, I have a bunch of travel for the next three weeks so my response time and turnaround time is going to be very slow! I have a set of Flash Gordon rails to start but I leave today through Friday so I already told this customer it will be about two weeks before I can finish them and ship them to him. Just letting everyone know that my usual turn around time is not possible, so you all can plan your projects accordingly. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Leon

#347 77 days ago
    Quoted from ibis:

Just a heads up, I have a bunch of travel for the next three weeks so my response time and turnaround time is going to be very slow! I have a set of Flash Gordon rails to start but I leave today through Friday so I already told this customer it will be about two weeks before I can finish them and ship them to him. Just letting everyone know that my usual turn around time is not possible, so you all can plan your projects accordingly. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Leon

Thank you!

Have you gotten Medieval Madness rails in, yet? Who do we need to coerce

#348 77 days ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Thank you!
    Have you gotten Medieval Madness rails in, yet? Who do we need to coerce

We were waiting on STI. On my way to work to pick up machine where I had it shipped while away…

#349 75 days ago

Dave is sending me MM rails soon. Keep an eye out.......

#350 75 days ago
    Quoted from ibis:

Dave is sending me MM rails soon. Keep an eye out.......

Can’t wait! Is it just the rails, or is it the backboard, too?

Do you happen to have Indiana Jones (Williams)?

There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rails-reproduction-rails/page/7?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.