Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 388 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by ibis
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6034.jpeg
    IMG_6054.jpeg
    IMG_6055.jpeg
    IMG_4887 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4888 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5137 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5130 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5129 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5128 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5127 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5124 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5123 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 214917 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-07 215032 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider play_pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#36 1 year ago

Classic sterns are easy. There’s no notches or anything. Technically I think there’s a rounded edge on the shooter lane inner rail but when I built mine, I didn’t bother because it doesn’t interfere with the ball and is covered by a plastic.

Right side – 31-3/4”
    Left side – 38”
    Shooter lane – 19”
    Back = Length of playfield

I could use set of pink (or unfinished) Dolly Parton rails though.

#40 1 year ago

Yep, those are the lengths for Star Gazer. My Dolly comment was a bit of an aside.

#43 1 year ago

Most (all?) of the Ballys I’ve owned have that tapered flute routed in them for the rail, which looks like you’ve got setup per your previous post. I haven’t come across anything fancy on a classic Stern.

This is NOT a dig at Taylor but I did order some (very nice) rails from him for my first scratch build; a Quicksilver. They were dimpled and pre-drilled. I kinda wish they weren’t because there’s always going to be a margin of error. I ended up having to move a couple holes as a result. Not much but still. Those Stern rails so basic, I didn’t have much of a hard time aligning everything when I made my own rails for my Star Gazer or second QS build.

It’s that tapered routing I don’t know how to do that’s preventing me from re-doing my Dolly rails myself. I don’t have the pf pulled apart right now and don’t have any extras to offer as donors. Glad you’re starting to offer these for us again and look forward to your library growing!

#48 1 year ago

It hasn’t been mentioned yet but also at some point Bally abandoned even screwing the rails in, and just started stapling them. Removing those sucks! I reused my EBDLE rails when I hardtopped it and still had to drill my own underside holes.

Anyways, definitely not trying to rain on the parade. Thanks again for stepping up and making folks new rails!

2 months later
    #131 1 year ago

If anyone wants to be a benefactor and pay for the postage, I could donate a set of Twilight Zone, Big Game, and Ali rails to the library.

3 weeks later
    #148 1 year ago

I hope someone’s there to get your packages because the TZ (plus Ali and Big Game) rails say they’re getting delivered tomorrow!

8 months later
    #314 4 months ago

Someone toss me $25 to cover the shipping and I'll pry* the rails off my wall hanger Flash Gordon playfield (along with some Harlem Globetrotters and Fireball II rails that I was already going to donate).

*God I hate those damn Bally staples!

1 week later
    #318 4 months ago

I know it was the 80s but Flash Gordon went hard on some rails. This set is huge! Coming your way soon ibis (with a h/t to @rack-em-up)

IMG_3804 (resized).jpegIMG_3804 (resized).jpeg
    #322 4 months ago

I don’t need a set. I don’t have a Flash Gordon but I did have a wall hanger playfield just sitting around. Happy to help.

#324 4 months ago

Trying to find a tube or box big enough to fit that monster set from Flash Gordon, Fireball II (also do not need, just stripped off a horror show of a parts playfield), and Harlem Globetrotters (which I DO need).

#326 4 months ago

I found a box from a set of side rails. Should fit them all but haven’t actually tried yet. Can’t ship em til early next week anyways.

4 months later
    #381 8 days ago

I think I forgot to share the results of the Dolly Parton rails ibis

IMG_6034.jpegIMG_6034.jpegIMG_6054.jpegIMG_6054.jpegIMG_6055.jpegIMG_6055.jpeg
    #387 4 days ago

I’m fairly confident that the three outer rails on KISS would be identical to Harlem Globetrotters, Dolly, and other Bally games with the arched top playfield entrance. So if someone just measured that inside shooter lane rail length like we did for Dolly you’d be set.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider play_pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-rails-reproduction-rails?tu=play_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.